The Balance Team needs a shake-up

"
allbusiness wrote:
No he's not, because my EA 9k+ hp char was getting dumpstered hard and got pretty close to dying tons of times, by that I mean like I got hit for literally 8k+ hp.

Do you literally have nothing on top of that sexy lifepool ?
Like no arctic armour, no coil, no fortify, no bazalt, no armour, no cloak of flame, no MoM ?
With a litteral one shot ?
Because unless you are speaking of telegraphed attack, which you should be manually dodging, then I seriously doubt it.

Not (untelegraphed) one shot in a level 76 map like this.

Especially with a range rofl.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 30, 2016, 1:40:58 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
No he's not, because my EA 9k+ hp char was getting dumpstered hard and got pretty close to dying tons of times, by that I mean like I got hit for literally 8k+ hp.

Do you literally have nothing on top of that sexy lifepool ?
Like no arctic armour, no coil, no fortify, no bazalt, no armour, no cloak of flame, no MoM ?
With a litteral one shot ?
Because unless you are speaking of telegraphed attack, which you should be manually dodging, then I seriously doubt it.

Not (untelegraphed) one shot in a level 76 map like this.

Especially with a range rofl.

EA literally expends it's entire passive tree to get upwards of 10k+ hp depending on Jewel Rolls and how you built. If you're playing abit safer, it's about 10k+ hp, if not, you're talking about 8.5 to 9kish with Grand Spectrum trees.

Before talking shit, how about you actually notice that EA builds spend it's ENTIRE tree dedicated to getting all the life/regen nodes on the tree along with jewel nodes to double dip on dmg and life rolls to reach insane life rolls. EA builds rely solely on Jewels/Empower/Double Dipping mechanics to do damage, not the tree itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmGPMC8Ylw&feature=youtu.be

Here's Hegemony's EA character with 9.8k HP on an Elementalist (which mean he had sick as fuck gear) gets obliterated in literally half a second.

None of those mechanics mean shit when that amount of burst damage hits you.
Last edited by allbusiness on Nov 30, 2016, 1:51:36 AM
I don't care how the aunt of my brother built his EA, I was asking about yours.

Coz yeah, having only life and no other layer on top of it is a bit stupid.
But even tho, lvl 76 map isn't enough ton one shot you with untelegraphed hits, literally.

PS : the youtube link happens in a level 82 map, pay attention to what we're talking about at least ...

Btw, he got hit by a bug too, in case you don't know.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 30, 2016, 3:01:41 AM
It's pretty hilarious, check this out
"
Flame Golem's damage has been increased by 200%.
Ice Golem's damage has been increased by 75%.
Lightning Golem's damage has been increased by 75%.
Stone Golem's damage has been increased by 100%. Its chance to taunt on slam has been lowered. Its melee attack range has been increased.
Chaos Golem's damage has been increased by 65%.

They buff the best offensive golem by a friggin 200 percents and the worst golem (Ice) by 75%. No idea what they wanted to do here, if they wanted to push golemists in this league why single out only one of them? It's not that you got a slot for each.

Or maybe nobody in the office seriously tried golems and they only looked at usage stats. That would actually explain a lot, Flame golem has the least attractive bonus and it doesn't matter it's pretty much the only golem that has good damage, coverage and can be well supported.

Seriously, people, play Flame golems in Breach, I planned it already as evident from the collage thread but I'd recommend it to anyone now, three golems will be a total murder.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
My face when I saw that 200% damage buff 0_o
Literally, I even twitched.
Definitely looks like a "by the numbers" special.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Nov 30, 2016, 5:30:11 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
I don't care how the aunt of my brother built his EA, I was asking about yours.

Coz yeah, having only life and no other layer on top of it is a bit stupid.
But even tho, lvl 76 map isn't enough ton one shot you with untelegraphed hits, literally.

PS : the youtube link happens in a level 82 map, pay attention to what we're talking about at least ...

Btw, he got hit by a bug too, in case you don't know.

You actually have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

You cannot layer multiple defenses, because the second you do you will significantly drop your HP significantly, and puts you at danger of dying against spells in particular if you are a left side tree build.

Stacking life with no other layer is actually the best thing to do currently, because of how awful the game is balanced late game where the only mitigation that matters are Endurance Charges, Flasks, and unique items with damage reduction or spell block. Armor can only save you from 10% of a huge hit at best, and Evasion/Dodge themselves are actually awful, and incredibly hard to get for an Explosive Arrow build anyways.

But do tell all the other HC players who actually do play life builds into tier 15 maps that they are idiots for stacking only life. And no, Hegemony didn't get hit by a bug, he got hit by CoC Stormcall.
Last edited by allbusiness on Nov 30, 2016, 7:15:41 AM
best thing is that the blade vortex 'nerf' is in fact serious damage boost AND the flask charges gained does little to Vinktars leech i teraction

it wont take long for people to realize that the most meta build ever got.. buffed slightly

it is difficult to take this mess seriously
Breaking news, ggg sucks at their own game. more news at 11.

In all seriousness, anyone who expected reasonable balance changes is delusional. ggg's record of proper balancing is only rivaled by blizzard.
"
Boem wrote:

It's pure subjective feedback, since objectively they do a "good" job.

I find it incredibly difficult to take this statement seriously. They (GGG) in no way, objectively/subjectively/quantitatively, do a good job of balancing this game; period. It's not even debatable.

"
sidtherat wrote:

sure, game makes money. selling cheap fast food also makes money. but it is difficult to recommend going there for a lunch. same with POE, i cannot force myself to recommend this game to anyone. there are ethical issues (mounting ones) and there are gameplay issues

Sid's post is spot on so everyone should take a minute to read through it in it's entirety. The game lives because people are willing to play (and pay for!) a crap, unbalanced product. The purposes of "balance" and "design" in this game are centered around making money. Initially this had a small negative impact on the game. As the game has grown, this has had an increased negative impact on the game. I suspect both will continue because time has shown us that players obviously do not care about a quality product where PoE is concerned. Supporters continue to buy packs despite:

1) Undelivered design promises (a timeline of several years is ridiculous for fixing things that have been issues since CB)
2) Continually terrible balancing that smacks of both a design team that is out of touch and a balance team that has never played the game before.
3) A ridiculous release schedule that has been so detrimental to quality control in the game that I cannot discuss the game with anyone I know without prefacing my comments with "well, the game is seriously glitchy and the leagues even more so...."
4) Greed-centric design. If it nets players/money, it's instantly implemented (even if it flies in the face of stated design philosophies!). If it cannot be directly tied to an instant profit it sits on the back burner until everyone either gets over not having it or forgets they ever wanted it (or quits....).

There's always more but I digress.....

So in light of this continued support (despite the many reasons not to support) the question I ask is why would GGG ever TRY to improve? If you can market and sell shit why would you spring for investing in gold? Shit is cheap and plentiful, gold much less so on both accounts. Better to sell the shit provided people will continue to buy it (and they do!).
Just chiming in to say that I played for like 3 years nonstop. I love this game. However, I no longer find the game fun. The balance of the game is the primary reason. I hate the nerfed exp, I hate the constant nerfs and buffs to skills, the constant changes to mechanics that render dozens of builds and uniques useless or near it. The constant, forced "meta shifts" because GGG either can't or won't actually attempt to bring the many skills and builds into similar power levels. I hate the huge power creep, and the huge difficulty creep that necessitates playing meta/op builds.

I agree 100% with sid and I am really disappointed with where this game has gone. If they dropped a retro server from like the 1.3 days I would play it right now... the game was so much better then.
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info