The Balance Team needs a shake-up

"
"
Fruz wrote:

It's because it's a PvP game that the parameters are much more limited, to be able to keep the balance under control.

PoE is different, the damage scaling comes from everywhere in different ways and is crazy, especially since GGG just keeps adding new content as much as possible.

Fruz with his scatterbrained logic again.

PvP is the epitome of min maxing. If u fuck up balancing just a bit everyone and their mum will flock to it an use it. If an exploit is found that gives a player an edge, even a small one, everyone willl flock to it.
In PvE at least one party is dumb as a bread and follows the developers bidding to the latter. So balancing in PvE is way way easier.

Your last sentence is exactly the verdict GGG is guilty of, not some magic circumstance that makes it hard for GGG to balance the game...

So you quoted me without actually reading a word of what I wrote ?

Good job !

The depths of Poe makes it extremely difficult to balnce obviously, but its also what makes it interesting.
If the PoE's mechanis where dumbed down to LoL level for example, that would be much much less interesting.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
allbusiness wrote:

What, Rory went on fucking live stream and said that life is better than ES. ROFL.

These patch notes are pretty much a fucking joke. You add all these mods that destroy most of the life builds, increase mob damage, and still haven't fixed the issues between life and es, but then go ahead and say it's ok guys, no big dealio.

Which it is. People look only at this sentence and not on what he actually said on the topic. They don't want to simply change a few numbers because this would just mean that either life or ES is superior or the point you switch to CI moves a bit. What they are aiming for is to get some actual playstyle difference for CI so that it feels different from a life build, which right now isn't really possible without hitting GR and VP.

Rorys actual post:
Spoiler
Yeah, spot on. There is a bit more to it like the fact that ES has a much more exponential scale in growth, so there is a 'right point' to switch to CI at which the positives (And value of EHP) start to outstrip the negatives, and then grows far faster than Life. If we're too brash with the changes, we've just pushed that point further ahead, so it becomes suitable only for when you have exceptional gear and a heavily-invested tree. In an ideal world, we push that point a bit earlier, but keep a distinct build and playstyle between CI and Non-CI where they're both relevant and interesting choices, without vastly different EHP values. We don't want to compromise the vision of that world by making blanket nerfs to all ES values - We've just gotta trim down top end sources of ES so they don't shoot their EHP so much higher than other kinds of marginal-investment defense builds have for EHP
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

What, Rory went on fucking live stream and said that life is better than ES. ROFL.

These patch notes are pretty much a fucking joke. You add all these mods that destroy most of the life builds, increase mob damage, and still haven't fixed the issues between life and es, but then go ahead and say it's ok guys, no big dealio.

Which it is. People look only at this sentence and not on what he actually said on the topic. They don't want to simply change a few numbers because this would just mean that either life or ES is superior or the point you switch to CI moves a bit. What they are aiming for is to get some actual playstyle difference for CI so that it feels different from a life build, which right now isn't really possible without hitting GR and VP.

Rorys actual post:
Spoiler
Yeah, spot on. There is a bit more to it like the fact that ES has a much more exponential scale in growth, so there is a 'right point' to switch to CI at which the positives (And value of EHP) start to outstrip the negatives, and then grows far faster than Life. If we're too brash with the changes, we've just pushed that point further ahead, so it becomes suitable only for when you have exceptional gear and a heavily-invested tree. In an ideal world, we push that point a bit earlier, but keep a distinct build and playstyle between CI and Non-CI where they're both relevant and interesting choices, without vastly different EHP values. We don't want to compromise the vision of that world by making blanket nerfs to all ES values - We've just gotta trim down top end sources of ES so they don't shoot their EHP so much higher than other kinds of marginal-investment defense builds have for EHP

That is not what I am referring to. I'm referring to his recent comments in the Lionseye Watch Podcast where he blatantly says that life is just straight up better than ES, live.
It just shows you how GGG is not all that great company, at least what they used to be.

They don't really care about your feed back, us being their customer base and $ supporters, otherwise if they did they would a) try to measure whether their customers are satisfied with their balancing results b) discover that probably a lot of their customers are and have NOT been satisfied with their balancing and then c) do something to address this weak area in their company

They obviously do that in terms of improvement in areas like moderation, communication, content development, technical game play etc. but when it comes to balance, a lot of us would agree they deserve an epic FAIL (or a below average grade at best) or that we're dissatisfied.

And yet, there's been no consequence that we can see them in trying to improve this area for years and years, unlike every other area within GGG; instead it's getting WORSE.

Either the current balance team guys are incompetent and/or clueless, so find some who actually know the game or listen to those who play (their customers). They don't do either.

It's up to you, as a loyal customer whos spent xxx.xx amount of dollars to respond to this appropiately because they don't seem to get the message here.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Nov 29, 2016, 11:10:39 PM
They care for Reddit

Sorta

HAHA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I agree. My recent post rants of similar. Defense and skills need work. 10% of all skills are actually useful and we all get one-shotted. I'm losing patience with it.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
And we got 2.5 patch notes. Life / ES unbalance state untouched. What a fucking joke.

Actually not quite. Essence changes do impact CI a lot (highest WoE essences were expensive as shit) and the surgeon nerf is also a direct nerf to CI.

They didn't touch the actual ES values all that much, but honestly a huge pool that doesn't regenerate isn't all that useful. Like Rory mentioned ES is meant to surpass life at a certain gear level, which is currently too early, exspecially due to easy gearing with essences. But right now CI gets a lot from using Utility Flasks that essentially give it insane physical mitigation, elemental mitigation and a ton of leech. If Surgeon changes fixes that CI is a lot weaker.

They nerfed ES with energy from within jewel so all is fine and balanced now lol. I wonder how much increasing mob damage will screw up life even more. Soon we'll need like 9k life to feel a little safe?
"
jeke777 wrote:
Soon we'll need like 9k life to feel a little safe?

I had a 9k-1500regen non leg kaom melee build and was getting 1 shot in level 76 maps.
You need 15k life and 3k regen to feel safe even now lol.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 30, 2016, 12:14:51 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
jeke777 wrote:

I had a 9k-1500regen non leg kaom melee build and was getting 1 shot in level 76 maps.

There is something that you must be doing reaaaaally really wrong lol.
The problem isn't in that tier of maps ( non uniques obviously ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 30, 2016, 12:23:12 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
jeke777 wrote:

There is something that you must be doing reaaaaally really wrong lol.
The problem isn't in that tier of maps ( non uniques obviously ).

No he's not, because my EA 9k+ hp char was getting dumpstered hard and got pretty close to dying tons of times, by that I mean like I got hit for literally 8k+ hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info