Blade Flurry seems so broken I don't want to start playing it before nerf

I hope they leave it as is, I havent got to try it yet lol
I dont see any any key!
"
xMustard wrote:

look....i know we all want skills that allow us to insta-gib and trivialize all content because thats "fun" and makes it quick and easy to actually do all content....but no. that isn't what path of exile stands for and it never has been.
if you want that type of game there are plenty of free to play, pay to win MMORPGs out there

U should have played in 2011/2012
Joined 07.08.2011 as Arebor
"
Zagharos wrote:
U should have played in 2011/2012

you mean in closed beta while game was heavily still in development?
i started in open beta, mid 2013.
"
xMustard wrote:
the clear speed isn't as fast, no, because spectral throw offers so much mobility if you play the skill right, but BF damage and safety is still absolutely ridiculous.

Interesting. IME Spectral Throw has only "ok" clearspeed if I can oneshot (or close to) mobs. Otherwise it is very clunky. Especially on layouts like Shipyard map. Have no experience with Blade Flurry though - so not trying to compare it here.

"
xMustard wrote:

keep in mind this is on a build that is optimized and specialized for spectral throw, and not blade flurry. this is where the real issue comes in. to be able to plug and play a skill like BF on any other melee build and instantly gain 200% effectiveness and like 900% damage without optimized passives, gear, and gem level....what the fuck.

Spectral throw isnt 'melee'. If you have a ST build you probably have 'projectile damage' which becomes useless with blade flurry?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Spectral throw isnt 'melee'. If you have a ST build you probably have 'projectile damage' which becomes useless with blade flurry?

He's running a dreamfeather build which probably has a lot of generic attack damage too, though I suppose some of his damage bonuses were indeed wasted.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I have the exact OPPOSITE feeling; I wish I could play it in the OP state before they nerf it, but I was done for the League when they released it and as such the first time I'll get to try it is in 2.5.0, likely post-nerf.. :'(
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
In this thread, ample evidence is provided that Blade Flurry outperforms every other melee skill. Tiem_ says that because we limited the comparison to melee, our data is biased and invalid.

So... I mean... if GGG uses Tiem_ logic... every single melee skill that isn't Blade Flurry gets a massive numbers buff?

Or... some skills simply deserve to be trash, where the definition of "some skills" is "every melee skill that isn't Blade Flurry?"

I don't really see where else that logically leads, lol
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Zrevnur wrote:

this is exactly my point. i don't have passives to optimize blade flurry damage and yet it still does vastly more damage WHILE im spec'd out for spectral throw. and at the time was only lvl 15 gem as well. think its 17 now

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I was looking for a skill to generate power charges just now as I had no more room/colours for Orb of Storms. Tried out Blade Flurry and it outperforms Orb of Storms by a mile with a crit dagger build in generating power charges. Just have to tap the button every once in a while to keep charges capped.

yup exactly. its an instant cast, very high attacks in order to proc a crit faster, and it doesn't drop directly on top of you etc. it is for sure the way to go
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 29, 2016, 5:22:06 PM
Doesn't matter now. BF got gutted. Thanks nerf mongers, way to win PoE. One more skill that has become utterly useless for end game.

Big props man, keep it up. Maybe you guys can get EQ nerfed some more.

Done.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Doesn't matter now. BF got gutted. Thanks nerf mongers, way to win PoE. One more skill that has become utterly useless for end game.

Big props man, keep it up. Maybe you guys can get EQ nerfed some more.

Done.

how is 3% less damage and a couple of ~15% area nerfs "gutted"?

did you misread Blade Vortex instead of Blade Flurry??????????
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info