Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

Doubled post for some reason, delete
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 5, 2016, 4:58:12 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

It's actually been BUFFED TWICE

Actually, it HAD seen several nerfs, and some of those were significant. For example, removal of spell echo supporting, reducing damage, turning "more damage" into "more spell damage"...
The key is, it remains OK even after nerfs, while many other meta skills (incinerate, hello) were nerfed into oblivion.

1.3.1b (13 February 2015) - last nerf
Reduced the damage of Flameblast by 20%.

Now grants 1% increased damage per 1% quality (quality no longer affects ignite chance).
No longer works with Spell Echo.
Base Cast Speed has been increased from a cast time of 300ms to 200ms to compensate for no longer working with Spell Echo.
Damage has been increased by around 20% at all levels.
Channeled stuff - no nerfs or buffs

In the last 2 fucking years (21 months to be exact) it has only seen buffs.
Or maybe in your world you consider a 33% reduction to cast time and a freed support gem slot a nerf?
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 5, 2016, 4:57:18 PM
"
Or maybe in your world you consider a 33% reduction to cast time and a freed support gem slot a nerf?

Considering that almost every build using Flameblast supports it with Faster Casting and that one would simply be replaced with Spell Echo it is actually exactly what they said, replacing Faster Casting with Spell Echo would exactly do what changing the cast time did, so that is essentially a neutral change.

And the 2.1 buff essentially reverted the 1.3 changes, although not entirely, the skill is still a bit weaker. And yes the biggest change of Flameblast was turning the more damage into more spell damage, so the created ignites do not double dip anymore.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Considering that almost every build using Flameblast supports it with Faster Casting and that one would simply be replaced with Spell Echo it is actually exactly what they said, replacing Faster Casting with Spell Echo would exactly do what changing the cast time did, so that is essentially a neutral change.

And the 2.1 buff essentially reverted the 1.3 changes, although not entirely, the skill is still a bit weaker. And yes the biggest change of Flameblast was turning the more damage into more spell damage, so the created ignites do not double dip anymore.

Sources of increased damage, increased fire damage, and increased elemental damage all still double dip. The more multiplier change is a net 8% damage reduction on single-hit flameblasts that ignited only. If you call that "the biggest change", well. It's mathematically not. I will note that any time you ignite a mob more than twice in the space of 4 seconds, or don't ignite at all, your 8% reduction is less than an 8% reduction or is a 0% reduction, accordingly.

And while the "change" is neutral, the EXTRA GEM SLOT is not neutral at all. You used to have a 6 link including spell echo, you now have a 5 link with the same damage and your 6th link is just extra stuff beyond what you had before. This is a buff.

TLDR the changes to flameblast have been all buffs and a single nearly insignificant nerf.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 5, 2016, 6:43:52 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

You should stop thinking that f***ing over powered cheese crap like stick pizzas is the norm seriously, it's getting ridiculous, and a little .... no nvm.
LMAO

Oh really? Why should we think that is NOT the norm when flame blast has not seen a nerf since 1.3.1b? THAT WAS ALMOST TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO

It's actually been BUFFED TWICE
Np, you are blind then, cannot be helped I guess.

And wait what ? .... Replacing one gem by another means adding one gem slot ?
Good job there.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

"dont have any agenda"

Then you use a 210 pdps dagger as a reference? With *1.08* attack speed? And no crit... ON A DAGGER?

Yesssssssss I'm sure that will turn out brilliantly relative to all those caster gems that do 1000+ dps base... you know, like on all of them.

Yeah, I can see how this might be mistaken for a non-biased no-agenda post. Oh wait, no, I can't.

Ladies and Gentleman, the straw continues !!!

As a great man used to sing, "THE STRAW MUST GO OOOOON" !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 5, 2016, 8:18:06 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
something about a straw

I think I stand for most of the people reading this thread when I say nobody even knows what the hell you're talking about at this point.

FB was made to be not compatible with spell echo. It was also given a 33% faster cast time. For those who were, IE, using FB without spell echo already, they got a free 33% cast speed buff. For those that were using echo, they got a 33% cast speed buff instead of spell echo, and a free gem slot - where echo used to be. It's a fucking buff einstein.

This isn't rocket science dude. And what the fuck is this straw thing you keep going on about? Seriously you are well beyond making sense at this point.

Stop posting on this thread.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 5, 2016, 9:14:33 PM
Something else that you missed I guess :
"
Emphasy wrote:

No need for rocket science to have things that you are missing heh.

And no, you are trying to stand for yourself, against the world, you've been doing that for 38 pages now, GG.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 5, 2016, 9:20:25 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
Something else that you missed I guess :
"
Emphasy wrote:

No need for rocket science to have things that you are missing heh.

And no, you are trying to stand for yourself, against the world, you've been doing that for 38 pages now, GG.

[Removed by Support]

Making FB not work with echo and giving it a 33% cast speed buff instead IS A BUFF, NOT A NERF, AND NOT A NEUTRAL CHANGE. [Removed by Support]

I'll explain it to you [Removed by Support]
Pre-change 2 sockets: FB, spell echo
Post-change 2 sockets: FB, faster casting, AND A 33% MORE CAST SPEED BUFF FREE OF CHARGE

[Removed by Support]
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Dec 5, 2016, 10:21:02 PM
Thank you for showing your lack of knowledge on basic mechanics, really.

Let me put it in a more simple way :

pre nerf FB : FB + spell echo
post nerf FB : FB + faster casting

efficienty : roughly the same.

You got it now ?
Also, since it is monday night, here's the results of the prediction:

Blade flurry: one ranger, one slayer
EQ: 4, 3 slayers and a juggernaut
Rest are casters, summoners, support or totem

So in 3 days we have 2 guys using BF. Oh and by the way, ETUP is dead. Remember when I said,
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I told you dual wield assassin as life build is fucking riptown. Oh surprise one of the 2 guys using that build has died already just over 1 day into the league.

One of the BF chars is dead, the raider might survive because raider is pretty brokeshit op right now (which is the only part of all this I did not anticipate), but etup was well on his way to riptown as well, and if you watched his stream at all (which I did btw) he wasn't even doing as much damage as his friends using flameblast totems and etc. Odds are he's not playing anymore because the build sucks for HC.

IF he does continue to play and he does not immediately switch to CI/ES, he will die probably within a week.

This leaves, at best, 2 BF characters. Likely 1 by the time 3 days time is up.

At this point, with the leagues unfolding EXACTLY as I fucking told you they would, you no longer have any excuse for what you're doing.

Hey remember that time I said that? And then it all happened exactly the way I fucking told you it would? Lol @ dual wield assassin life build in HC
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-----
Bug Fixes:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info