Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"
If we slapped the "channelling" tag onto Cyclone would you not similarly consider it a "spell"?

People need to get away from gem tags. Melee, channelled, spell, cast, nothing of this matters in this context. BF is the most powerful melee skill in existance at this point. It may have drawbacks against volatiles or whatever, but it still shits all over the place, because it's powerful enough to compete with numerous very powerful spells in this game. And the funny thing is, it doesn't feel like it's a melee skill, and it sure as shit doesn't look like one.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
I haven't played any melee skill except Reave for a lonnnng time and I tried out Wild Strike the other day. The gameplay is dogshit, having to namelock > run > make physical contact feels soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad from a gameplay perspective. I could barely even get to the end of the Strand Map I was testing in without wanting to close the client for a few days.

Supposedly, we are getting a rework to improve this in 3.0.0.

"

BF is mechanically.......risky. The power of the stack release mechanic is one of its greatest weaknesses. That shit can get you killed vs Reflect, and will get you killed vs Volatile Blood.

Chaos damage and Vaal Pact say "Hi" to reflect.
To volatile .... Well all builds have that problems basically, the mechanics needs to be reworked.
Vaal sparkers in close areas are at the same danger basically, pizza stick users are not that much different I think, the sick loads, and if the volatile mobs is very fast ( or a devourer / Ursa comign from the ceiling ), there is a change that you eat the volatile.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 7, 2017, 2:26:38 AM
"
If I were a HC league player I wouldn't touch this skill in favour of Reave.

BF is mechanically.......risky. The power of the stack release mechanic is one of its greatest weaknesses. That shit can get you killed vs Reflect, and will get you killed vs Volatile Blood.

That being said, one of the main reasons I prefer it to Reave in Standard League is because I have time to loot without worrying about dropping my aoe stacks. Combined with the automatic targeting the gameplay is actually rather enjoyable.

The high base damage is an huge step in the right direction for holistic melee balance. Unless we start seeing drastic changes to melee passives/entire passive tree melee skills need to start doing bonkers damage for melee builds to approach the capabilities of contemporary ranged builds. As an example; for me to consider my duelist and my ranger roughly equal in "power" my duelist would need a shitton more survivability - something he cannot currently get without immensely disproportionate sacrifices in offence. (Both chars are life-based but I should probably remake the BF Duelist as a CI Shadow)

@Sid, there are 61 previous pages of discussion here that I haven't read. What would you change about the skill?

If we slapped the "channelling" tag onto Cyclone would you not similarly consider it a "spell"?
I think you're right about the origins of BF, but is that actually so bad? I haven't played any melee skill except Reave for a lonnnng time and I tried out Wild Strike the other day. The gameplay is dogshit, having to namelock > run > make physical contact feels soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad from a gameplay perspective. I could barely even get to the end of the Strand Map I was testing in without wanting to close the client for a few days.

risky? it is anything but. reason? multistrike. with reave you pretty much have to use multistrike. it roots you in place and cannot be canceled mid-cast. with BF? you can ALWAYS break contact. ALWAYS. BF gets some time to master but once you get the rhytm and have good enough attack speed it is THE safest melee skill out there. the fluidity it gives is unmatched

Volatiles are BS and should be removed. it is dumb mechanic.

melee/ranged/caster balance will not be achieved by buffing melee. you CANNOT do it without gutting ranged playstyle somewhere and gutting it hard. load Merciless Ledge. your melee dude is killing everything in one hit. will you play it over ranger? no. damage is not a problem. bonkers ranged AOE/utility is.

how would i change BF? the small hits have no AOE (it can strike more frequently for 'balance' but it trully shouldnt), the AOE is reduced further. remove melee, make it yet another overpowered spell. currently it is just a sad joke this spell is called melee.

your Wild Strike comment shows the true problem - benchmark. by releasing something as strong and effective as BF we got a new benchmark. why use anything that cannot match it? thats why releasing 'strong' and nerfing is the stupid way to do it. humans adapt to 'good' very quickly and will notice any and all 'decreases'. you cannot just release something too strong and then nerf it (even by .01% like shield charge nerf) without people throwing sh around in anger.
Are people still arguing if a skill that reaches the edge of the screen is melee or not? It's been 62 pages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info