Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

Mathil showed it in ESC. It's pretty damn good. Then again, pretty everything he builds is rather more-than-decent, so... he still literally one-shot Atziri split phase.

And yes, other skills can do that too. I still think it is stupid that any skill is allowed to clear that fast.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Maybe because it's not a melee skill at all .
I wish it actually looked like a melee skill.
lol. biased opinions produce biased posts.
same people said earthquake wasnt op either
"
jeke777 wrote:
I wish it actually looked like a melee skill.

It's using the channeling spell animation. All it'd need would be an attack stance animation. Something like the recover portion of Whirling Blades might fit.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
It doesn't suck because it isn't a melee skill.
"
grepman wrote:

I've never commented on EQ because I don't use it. Looking at the numbers though:

Earthquake deals 1.09 + 1.09x1.5 = 272.5% damage out of the box on the first use and hits half the screen roughly with 80% increased AOE.

AOE size Source:

I don't know what 80% increased aoe looks like on bf, but I'd imagine it to be roughly the same AT THE IMPACT ZONE (feel free to correct me on this). Each hit from bf will deal 66% damage with no stacks, and attacks 60% faster, plus adds an extra hit at the end and gives 20% more for each stack. It can REACH targets further away however (don't need to be centered on the target), so that is a small bonus for bf.

So in the space of time it takes you to hit with one EQ, you will strike ~3 times with BF, centered on a random mob somewhere in the cone towards your cursor, for 66% on the first hit, 66x1.2 on the second, and 66x1.4 on the third (I assume the 2nd stage is a flat 40% more and not a stacking multiplier on top of itself).

66 + 79.2 + 92.4 = 237.6%

So out of the box EQ, even post-nerf, is dealing today more damage than bf out of the box on release by a small margin (2.725-2.376 = 34.9% weapon damage more roughly). When you consider that the 3 attacks from BF are slightly faster than the single hit from EQ it might even out over the course of a map, however you're probably not going to release at the perfect moment right after the 2nd stack, so you'll probably not likely see any bonuses of that sort.

TLDR: even post-nerf EQ is still doing better than this skill, and I didn't see anyone in EHC using earthquake at the top of the ladder. You people are flapping your arms wildly like enraged chickens about something that isn't even that good.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 18, 2016, 5:04:38 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I've never commented on EQ because I don't use it. Looking at the numbers though:

Earthquake deals 1.09 + 1.09x1.5 = 272.5% damage out of the box on the first use and hits half the screen roughly with 80% increased AOE.

AOE size Source:

I don't know what 80% increased aoe looks like on bf, but I'd imagine it to be roughly the same AT THE IMPACT ZONE (feel free to correct me on this). Each hit from bf will deal 66% damage with no stacks, and attacks 60% faster, plus adds an extra hit at the end and gives 20% more for each stack. It can REACH targets further away however (don't need to be centered on the target), so that is a small bonus for bf.

So in the space of time it takes you to hit with one EQ, you will strike ~3 times with BF, centered on a random mob somewhere in the cone towards your cursor, for 66% on the first hit, 66x1.2 on the second, and 66x1.4 on the third (I assume the 2nd stage is a flat 40% more and not a stacking multiplier on top of itself).

66 + 79.2 + 92.4 = 237.6%

So out of the box EQ, even post-nerf, is dealing today more damage than bf out of the box on release by a small margin (2.725-2.376 = 34.9% weapon damage more roughly). When you consider that the 3 attacks from BF are slightly faster than the single hit from EQ it might even out over the course of a map, however you're probably not going to release at the perfect moment right after the 2nd stack, so you'll probably not likely see any bonuses of that sort.

TLDR: even post-nerf EQ is still doing better than this skill, and I didn't see anyone in EHC using earthquake at the top of the ladder. You people are flapping your arms wildly like enraged chickens about something that isn't even that good.

prime example of why doing math poorly leads to poor results

hint: play this stuff and then talk. otherwise the results are somewhat.. pointless
I have already played it, and you're welcome to support your post with some logic and/or numbers of your own, but I suspect you're all out of supporting facts for your case so I'll just leave it at that. And lol @ doing math poorly, feel free to show something wrong with the math. Again I suspect you didn't because you simply don't have any case.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 18, 2016, 5:15:37 PM
what you do is a) arguing against entire world b) saying that planes cannot fly because the plane is heavier than the air displaced AFTER being flown in one but CHECK MY NAPKIN MATH!!

reasoning with people like that is entertaining but does not create any value

in short: you are wrong and the longer you pretend to know it better than every f.. player around the bigger the laughs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info