Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

Unique Name used Unique Name used
Bino's Kitchen Knife 597 Marohi Erqi 292
Doryani's Catalyst 428 Bino's Kitchen Knife 213
Atziri's Disfavour 228 Ngamahu's Flame 175
Reach of the Council 191 Hezmana's Bloodlust 150
Ephemeral Edge 189 Quill Rain 142

So if you believe these stats, and even assuming ONLY people using binos are bf builds, that makes BF about 21.9% of builds in HC. The reality is it's probably higher for both BF and EQ as well as FB, and less for the ones further down, but we cannot prove that.

Yet in the top 50 of the ladder I was able to find 1 guy using BF besides ETUP, and another guy who is dead. Not anywhere close to the 10 you'd expect to see if the skill were currently well balanced and certainly not the MORE than 10 you'd expect to see from a skill that was "good", "top tier", or "op". The league has been out long enough for weapon costs to stabilize and for people to gear their chars also.

The skill is simply dumpster tier.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 20, 2016, 8:33:18 PM
Shit if it was good I'd be using it

BYAAAAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Discussion is pointless. GGG hate melee. GGG SMASH
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
Shit if it was good I'd be using it

BYAAAAA

But Mathil said it was OP..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Deliver pain exquisite
"
allbusiness wrote:
[...]

Etup + support had about the same clearspeed as The #1 without the cheese-rush, basically.
Etup already riped one char at 93, which is a big deal.

And ok, so you don't know what the difference between "support" and "carry" is, which is kinda baffling, I guess there is no reason to talk with you at this point, you've been nothing but mad over ..... whatever it is, it does not matter tbh.

And you still keep saying about stuff that you have no idea about, like how far I've been in HC in term of content ( hint : there is "red" in there, always solo, and not picking the cheesiest builds because I don't care about my e-penis, not like you ).

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The total population of players is about 20-30% bf, if you believe those weapon stats. 10% minimum but you can run the math on It.

If it were performing up to par there would be 10+ bf chars in the top 50. There aren't.

It is performing very fucking well, but there are still so,e obvious archetype that are overpowered and a safe way to go, aka flameblast, self cast or totems.
As it has been said many times, by basically everybody.

If there is 20-30% bf players, that alones means that the odds of it being a very good skill is really high.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 21, 2016, 7:19:34 AM
Its simple

the skill is really good in standard
and not too good in leagues

becuz loath bane/victory slice or entropy razor/dragon hunger

"
Fruz wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
[...]

Etup + support had about the same clearspeed as The #1 without the cheese-rush, basically.
Etup already riped one char at 93, which is a big deal.

And ok, so you don't know what the difference between "support" and "carry" is, which is kinda baffling, I guess there is no reason to talk with you at this point, you've been nothing but mad over ..... whatever it is, it does not matter tbh.

And you still keep saying about stuff that you have no idea about, like how far I've been in HC in term of content ( hint : there is "red" in there, always solo, and not picking the cheesiest builds because I don't care about my e-penis, not like you ).

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The total population of players is about 20-30% bf, if you believe those weapon stats. 10% minimum but you can run the math on It.

If it were performing up to par there would be 10+ bf chars in the top 50. There aren't.

It is performing very fucking well, but there are still so,e obvious archetype that are overpowered and a safe way to go, aka flameblast, self cast or totems.
As it has been said many times, by basically everybody.

If there is 20-30% bf players, that alones means that the odds of it being a very good skill is really high.

Etup was in like 7 or 8 before he got a huge boost from his 30+ friends carrying him. No, he did not have the same clear speed as Flameblast Totems, not even close. 2nd place Cospri's Discharge was outclearing him by a good chunk of exp until Vaal Spark brigade showed up and cleared every map for Etup to get to 100.

And do realize that Etup was clearing with the BiS rare dagger in the temp league at the time, Skyforths, and a HH. Meanwhile #1 was soloing maps on his own with a RARE Scepter that wasn't even rolled that well.

You're highest level was 80ish last league was in HC, and you died again at 80. Your builds that you play are shit tier status that do zero DPS and you expect me to believe you've actually solo mapped hard red maps? Not to mention you keep talking about Breachlords, etc. when you have yet to do them.

And how do I know all this? Because if you were actually mapping hard maps, or even higher tier maps, your map tier challenge would be above 78 (LOL). If you were doing Breachlords your challenges would show you've actually entered a Breachlord domain. The fact is you probably 24/7 farm Dried Lake half the fucking time, and yet you're here trying to talk like you're an authority or have any semblance of experience playing end game maps, hard content, etc. when you have literally none in a HC environment.

You've done one twinned tier 3 map, you haven't even done your Merciless ascension because you probably can't even tank Merciless Izaro (ROFL), and you even yourself said previously in other threads the highest you have EVER been in HC was like 80-85. So how can you come in here and speak like you're an authority, like you have any experience at all on what is good and what is not good, how people are actually playing, etc. when you have never been in your life even been remotely competitive in the HC ladder?

Truth is, you can't. So stop talking like you know what you're talking about, because you don't. You don't have any experience in playing hard maps this league, you haven't tried any of the Breach Lords, you have no idea what is good or not, and you have yet to even prove that you can move past basic tier maps and Dried Lake. You haven't even tried to use Blade Flurry, all you do is watch on a Stream and see some streamer with BiS gear crush shit (which you could do with literally any skill at that point) and say "SEE IT'S GOOD"
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 21, 2016, 2:16:58 PM
See, you are just throwing assumptions without knowing actually anything again, I'm not surprised.
You don't even know what I've said in other threads but you are trying to guess, it's so pathetic lol.

Why do you care so much about your e-penis man btw ?
/lol

So just couple of things fyi :
I have entered dried lake maybe times this league btw, in merc.
One more time ....
And I have obviously not hit the red maps in this leagues, it's been less than three weeks, I have a life and I play at a pace that I judge fun, that might be a concept very hard to understand for you though.

But it does not matter, your paranoia about other players and the fact that you cannot play anything else than the cheesiest meta that there is yourself, is funny man.
And as obvious as it is, taking a breachlord example ( which are a dps check if you do not want to use any skill against them ) for judge of one build's dps doesn't require to be a genius, either to have done it.

So since you don't actually know, I had been actually checking both xp rates for couple of hours, while Etup was duoing and .... that was .... similar.
Unless #1 was not caring about speed at all knowing that Etup was just behind, very likely scenario right ?
You have no clue.
But you like to pretend like you do and other don't, maybe that makes you feel good, idk.

And also lets dismiss the fact that reaching rank 7 - 8 is/means absolutely nothing, child play, you don't have a single character even close to that level, but well .... you are all about talking anyway, right ?

You should stop bugging on dried lake man, I can understand that it's your only way to level up before you can actually overgear the first tiers of maps and you have never done anything else because it's the easiest, but you should really stop thinking that everybody does things like you do.
Have you ever thought of something yourself about this game, something that you have not read on the forum or been told or seen on a stream ? Have you ? I'm not even sure anymore at this point.
There are even some basic mechanics that you might be missing at that point it's amazing.

And nice derailment, by the way.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 21, 2016, 2:45:16 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
See, you are just throwing assumptions without knowing actually anything again, I'm not surprised.
You don't even know what I've said in other threads but you are trying to guess, it's so pathetic lol.

Why do you care so much about your e-penis man btw ?
/lol

So just couple of things fyi :
I have entered dried lake maybe times this league btw, in merc.
One more time ....
And I have obviously not hit the red maps in this leagues, it's been less than three weeks, I have a life and I play at a pace that I judge fun, that might be a concept very hard to understand for you though.

But it does not matter, your paranoia about other players and the fact that you cannot play anything else than the cheesiest meta that there is yourself, is funny man.
And as obvious as it is, taking a breachlord example ( which are a dps check if you do not want to use any skill against them ) for judge of one build's dps doesn't require to be a genius, either to have done it.

So since you don't actually know, I had been actually checking both xp rates for couple of hours, while Etup was duoing and .... that was .... similar.
Unless #1 was not caring about speed at all knowing that Etup was just behind, very likely scenario right ?
You have no clue.
But you like to pretend like you do and other don't, maybe that makes you feel good, idk.

And also lets dismiss the fact that reaching rank 7 - 8 is/means absolutely nothing, child play, you don't have a single character even close to that level, but well .... you are all about talking anyway, right ?

You should stop bugging on dried lake man, I can understand that it's your only way to level up before you can actually overgear the first tiers of maps and you have never done anything else because it's the easiest, but you should really stop thinking that everybody does things like you do.
Have you ever thought of something yourself about this game, something that you have not read on the forum or been told or seen on a stream ? Have you ? I'm not even sure anymore at this point.
There are even some basic mechanics that you might be missing at that point it's amazing.

And nice derailment, by the way.

There's no derailment, you literally are trying to act like you have any knowledge about balance at the highest levels of play when you have zero. You have absolutely no clue about what is hard, what is good, what is actually viable, what is not viable, because you have not been there to actually test it. So how you can come in here and say "Blade Flurry is good" when Etup can't even catch #1 using BiS gear is hilarious, and that was even when he tried to essentially circumvent actually playing and have his whole entire brigade of friends/fan boys Vaal Spark every map to death for him.

"It's been less than 3 weeks"

I can hit red maps playing a few hours a day within a week playing full casual mode shit tier skill. The fact that you can't even progress through to mid tier yellow maps almost 3 weeks into league should speak volumes as to how inexperienced you actually are at the game. Point is, stop talking about balance when you yourself have never even fucking experienced the skill, have not tried it, have not attempted to play the hardest content in the game with it, etc. especially when you yourself have not been able to even complete hard tier maps this league, have not tried any of the new content yourself. People like you are the exact reason why skills like Cyclone which weren't even godlike got nerfed in the first place, and why melee is in such a shit tier spot right now. Inexperienced people who have no clue what they are talking about, making wild balance assumptions or statements without the experience to back it up.
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 21, 2016, 2:58:56 PM
Of course you do, you are so golden.
And you are going to keep talking about what you think other players have done when you actually have literally no idea about it, because it probably helps you feel better.
Golden.

But gogogo, keep playing your flameblaster elementalist that has likely spent 10+ levels in dried lake before mapping, making you think that you rock everything in this game, I told you, it's entertaining.
And you missed every single point that I made, not that you had anything to actually say.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 21, 2016, 3:01:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info