Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

Seeing all the instant whining and misleading reviews is just pathetic and wrong, most haven't even tested the skill completely. You watch a no life streamer guy who plays PoE for a 'living' and think the skill is so amazing when most players don't even have their 'skill' or higher end gear.

Yes it seems strong because it acts like a top range skill, so because it doesn't suck like pretty much every melee skill it needs to be nerfed?? Get outta here.. we all know melee sucks overall so one added good skill compared to the best range and spell skills is terrible now??

COMPLETE OVERREACTION & perhaps trolling from the complainers and non-meleers.

The biggest downside is obviously the stand still, and NO, 1 stack isn't all that powerful and doesn't one shot everything, try playing HARD yellow T14+ and bosses, not just SOLO and you'll need skill to not get f'ed because of STAND STILL, which is at least as dangerous as again, a top range build.

Nothing wrong with this being comparable to a top range build.

So shut your yap about this being OP, utter ridiculous.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2017, 1:52:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1 stack - release is almost Earthquake + aftershock dps but without waiting for aftershock.
Not a signature.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Seeing all the instant whining and misleading reviews is just pathetic and wrong, most haven't even tested the skill completely. You watch a no life streamer guy who plays PoE for a 'living' and think the skill is so amazing when most players don't even have their 'skill' or higher end gear.

Yes it seems strong because it acts like a top range skill, so because it doesn't suck like pretty much every melee skill it needs to be nerfed?? Get outta here.. we all know melee sucks overall so one added good skill compared to the best range and spell skills is terrible now??

The biggest downside is obviously the stand still, and NO, 1 stack isn't all that powerful and doesn't one shot everything, try playing HARD yellow T14+ and bosses, not just SOLO and you'll need skill to not get f'ed because of STAND STILL, which is at least as dangerous as again, a top range build.

Nothing wrong with this being comparable to a top range build.

So shut your yap about this being OP, utter ridiculous.

Oh, another "white knight of the OP"

You do realize top range builds are top range because they're OP?

You do understand that shit like bladevortex needs to nerfed?

You do realize that skills which have a similar powerlevel to bladevortex are also OP and need to get nerfed?

You do understand that "fixing melee" shouldn't be done by way of adding overpowered skills?

Just asking...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Because you are not over reacting maybe ?

Seeing a "melee" skill cover that much area without significant increase is just ..........
kinda sad.

I thought it would be less smooth than this, it does not impair movement at all if you don't charge up, and the damage does look sufficient not to need to charge it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 18, 2016, 11:08:44 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Because you are not over reacting maybe ?

Seeing a "melee" skill cover that much area without significant increase is just ..........
kinda sad.

I thought it would be less smooth than this, it does not impair movement at all if you don't charge up, and the damage does look sufficient not to need to charge it.

Not to mention that by being attack based it has a lot more access to leech, thus just standing there could even be an option.

I actually wonder if you could just do the old Incinerate thing and use cwdt + LW to move around while just slashing :P
Lots of things wrong with it, but then again, lots of things wrong with the game in general, so...

Clear speed meta ftw! I guess I will re-evaluate when 3.0 hits, if the current development continues, I might as well find something else to do.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
anyone claiming you have to STAND STILL with this game is a dirty liar

this - thanks to no multistrike (that most players - sometimes stupidly - use) is FAR more mobile playstyle than any other 'melee'. there is no cost in moving, charging 2 stacks is instant (it takes EFFORT to charge only 1 stack!)

right click/whirl/right click/whirl

clears like nothing else 'melee' has

for the bosses the same deal. great range gives inherent safety, agility gives plenty of time for manual dodge

this skill most likely was initially planned to be a spell to complement the Blade Vortex + Blade Fall duo. but the outrage was already too high so they changed it into an attack skill. or rather simply changed scaling (to the weaker one as the Blade Spells scale WAY higher than even mirrored weapons) and one tag.

surprisingly it looks like a duck, moves like a duck, quacks like a duck but it is actually a pigeon.
So i tried Bladeflurry today on a standard character of mine... i can tell it is absolutly insane and massivly overtuned :)

The release of six stacks is basically a "better version of Earthquake". The channeling skill AoE is inane compared to something like Blight. You can just hit half the screen with one AoE cluster and an Increased Area of Effect gem (but what is even more rediculous: you can just put in conc effect and use a Dying Sun to almost get the same kind of AoE, clear fast and got absurd damage levels on top of it)

I used a Varunastra in my experiment with a lvl 82 tree on a Gladiator :D - imagine this on an Assassin, Slayer or Pathfinder *rofl*
Voll in dried lake died in a split of a second which was impressive.

After putting a calculator to use i can tell that this skill has absurd top end scaling with decent gear. Even Blade Vortex is basically shit compared to this :D.

Baladeflurry has:
- insane damage
- insane AoE
- insane endgame scaling
- very good mechanics (wich enables: insane leech, infinite flask charges)
- enough spare points on the passive tree to scale very good defenses

TLDR: totally overtuned (Balance Team/Q&A Team???), plz nerf asap
Well, tried Blade Flurry out some more. Threw out Lacerate for it and, as I don't even need a single target skill anymore, I replaced that with a Warchief Totem. Never going back.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
These ppl are so full of it omgrofl

In b4 ppl realize it still clears slower than basically all the "good" gems.

Seriously if this skill did end up being absurdly op it would only finally allow weapon attack users to finally fucking compete in temp hc leagues.

Anyone see the amount of attack based characters in top ehc? It's a fucking troll.

Yes, if you're running around with a fucking loath bane this gem is op. You literally can't even make a loath bane today because of the absence of eternal orbs. You people do know that right? Loath bane is basically a legacy item.

Get out of your standard league garbage gear and do it with a Binos and 500 es chest like you're going to be using for your entire life in hc temp and tell me it's better than vaal spark or bv or flame blast.

You people need to stop playing standard league, seriously.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info