Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

Ah !
I should have seen it coming, naturally.

He's in party, so it's the other that are carrying him, of course !!

Not like Nguyen is running solo for example, he was last time I checked, and he was in the top 20 also, without playing bino or anything.
Funny heh.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Ah !

Not like Nguyen is running solo for example, he was last time I checked, and he was in the top 20 also, without playing bino or anything.
Funny heh.

Did you even watch him play? Go look before you come here with your strawman of argument. Go and watch him and how much he contributes to the maps. It's the flamebast builds that are gobbling up bosses. He struggles on random rare mobs...

Like not even going to bother. Clearly you know all and GGG should put you in charge of the balance team... or wait... LMAO
Deliver pain exquisite
A BF release can still oneshot many bosses, it is not as easy to scale like FB because you might have to switch up bosses, but the thing is it doesn't crowd out any AoE skill anymore, because it lacks in this regards.

And it is easily possible to top FB damage on bosses, but you need a bit more than a binos for that. Im surprised that people used it to start, because it isn't too good for that, because early on the AoE is not too great and Breaches can be very dangerous. But once you have a good weapon you could just clear the map with reave and oneshot the boss with BF. Exspecially as a raider reave should clear faster, since you can avoid dropping charges due to the insane mobility, it has terrible damage though, so you don't want to use it against anything that actually has some HP.

And with Blade Flurry not invading into the territory of Reave and Lacerate anymore the skill is mostly fine. If they would have nerfed the damage instead of the AoE we would have another melee skill with huge AoE but hardly any damage, and we have Reave, Sunder, Ground Slam and now also Cyclone for that already.

Also I'm watching Etup right now and he seems kinda alone out there and he destroys stuff and it looks like BF what he is doing. Not too hard stuff though he only does yellow maps and what is keeping him down is his low movespeed^^.
Last edited by Emphasy on Dec 5, 2016, 10:54:45 AM
TL;DR : The build is hard and expensive, stop listenning to whinners who claim "look a PRO GAMER facerolling the game with a build"

I have to counter balance previous poster :

Yes with super gear, game is easier, but it not only applies to BF, it applies to all skills ...

Yes ETUP pawns. He is a pro gamer, he has insane level+stuff at this point of the league. I don't know how this is still an argument ... Yes ppl like ETUP, MATHIL, ETC rekt the game, they ALWAYS REKT the game.

I'm playing it as an average :

- Can't go ES/CI cause it's too expensive
- I don't kill bosses in one release
- I need to be super focus because the build is squeashy

I'm pretty sure MANY ppl are stuck/are having hard times playing it. Because they expected, like you do, to faceroll the game, and to gear up super fast.

"
"
Fruz wrote:
Ah !

Funny heh.

Did you even watch him play? Go look before you come here with your strawman of argument. Go and watch him and how much he contributes to the maps. It's the flamebast builds that are gobbling up bosses. He struggles on random rare mobs...

Like not even going to bother. Clearly you know all and GGG should put you in charge of the balance team... or wait... LMAO

Obviously Ive watched him hes got a more than correct dps on packs and very consistent and strong dps on bosses.
Hes got one of the builds that has the most scaling and needs the most gear investment of the whole game and he can already do this in a fresh league.

Struggling on rares ? Go back down to earth man.
You should stop thinking that f***ing over powered cheese crap like stick pizzas is the norm seriously, it's getting ridiculous, and a little .... no nvm.
LMAO

"
Emphasy wrote:

Also I'm watching Etup right now and he seems kinda alone out there and he destroys stuff and it looks like BF what he is doing. Not too hard stuff though he only does yellow maps and what is keeping him down is his low movespeed^^.

He's definitely in a good spot yeah.
He doesn't even need to szitch to conc effect against bosses, at least he does not even bother.

"
4phex wrote:
- Can't go ES/CI cause it's too expensive
[...]
- I need to be super focus because the build is squeashy

No.
This argument was true .... like a year ago.
Now, it's more a straw than anything else.
If you build squeashy, it's too bad for you, the build isn't much squishier than most, you can take the block claw offhand or just a good shield.

He does not have amazing gear, yet.
Crit gear is like the most expensive you could get, basically.
He got a 6L tho, most of the top ladder players do.

EDIT : He wont, I was just watching and he riped facetanking a boss, or trying to.
He got dd'd, it still happens.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 5, 2016, 12:15:39 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

You should stop thinking that f***ing over powered cheese crap like stick pizzas is the norm seriously, it's getting ridiculous, and a little .... no nvm.
LMAO

Oh really? Why should we think that is NOT the norm when flame blast has not seen a nerf since 1.3.1b? THAT WAS ALMOST TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO

It's actually been BUFFED TWICE
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 5, 2016, 4:21:45 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

It's actually been BUFFED TWICE

Actually, it HAD seen several nerfs, and some of those were significant. For example, removal of spell echo supporting, reducing damage, turning "more damage" into "more spell damage"...
The key is, it remains OK even after nerfs, while many other meta skills (incinerate, hello) were nerfed into oblivion.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
deleted.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 5, 2016, 4:28:02 PM
deleted. 3-ple post bug WTF.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 5, 2016, 4:27:10 PM
"
grepman wrote:

uh, no. I dont have any agenda. I dont cheerlead for any skill type or segment. I dont cheerlead for any class or style of play, really. if a spell is op, Ill say its op. if a melee skill is op, Ill say its op. there's no hidden agenda that defies any feasible explanation behind my motives, sorry.

"

So I'm about to ding 68 in a little bit and I decide to go check the market for Binos, I got 7c a bunch of off currency I should be good to go right? Binos is cheap as fuck 2c all the time right?

binos was always cheap as shit after its last nerf. blame bf that 'two people' play. but you dont even need binos. mark of the doubting knife gets the job done for 1c, and that unique as crap as they come.

Im in maps with it

no one said that. in fact start of the league is where spells shine most, no one ever denied that. what this has to do with bf being op compared to other melee skills and most skills in the game in general (and not situational - fucking energy within is selling for 20c right now, its start of the league, hello ")

"dont have any agenda"

Then you use a 210 pdps dagger as a reference? With *1.08* attack speed? And no crit... ON A DAGGER?

Yesssssssss I'm sure that will turn out brilliantly relative to all those caster gems that do 1000+ dps base... you know, like on all of them.

Yeah, I can see how this might be mistaken for a non-biased no-agenda post. Oh wait, no, I can't.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info