Getting a shavs makes me sad.

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
So, does anyone else remember pre-2.0 when shavs were 60-80 ex?

Weren't those the best times? when the market was actually decent?

I'm in standard doing atziri runs coz, why the tittynipple not, i kill the trio, shavs drops, i poe.trade it, and its literally 4 ex... like, thats... idk math, but thats really shit...

:/ this makes me sad... and somewhat infuriating because, GGG had to make the questionable decision of "durrrr we should 4x the drop rate of everything, because that's what everyone wanted!!!"

ugh...

This is gonna make me really upset for a while... :(

The drop rate change is not the cause of shavs tanking in value. The cause is div cards. There are 4 sets that can give you a shav. When div cards were introduced shavs were 1 ex in hc. There is more supply now because of div cards so their value got demolished.

For example. If Essence league becomes a main game mechanic chaos value will plummet to nothingness. Essences are superior to any chaos orb.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 30, 2016, 11:55:24 PM
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

I'm in standard doing atziri runs coz, why the tittynipple not, i kill the trio, shavs drops, i poe.trade it, and its literally 4 ex... like, thats... idk math, but thats really shit...

:/ this makes me sad... and somewhat infuriating because, GGG had to make the questionable decision of "durrrr we should 4x the drop rate of everything, because that's what everyone wanted!!!"

ugh...

The drop rate change is not the cause of shavs tanking in value. The cause is div cards. There are 4 sets that can give you a shav. When div cards were introduced shavs were 1 ex in hc. There is more supply now because of div cards so their value got demolished.

For example. If Essence league becomes a main game mechanic chaos value will plummet to nothingness. Essences are superior to any chaos orb.

That simply isn't true div cards came with 2.0, it wasnt until the drop rate buff of uniques later that shavs and other high end uniques tanked.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

ugh...

In regards to Shav's I think you overestimate the impact of divination cards. Granted, some people who found 2-3 cards of "the offering", may simply buy additional cards rather than a Shav's that dropped "naturally", because it saves them a bit of currency. However I will argue that the increase in Drop-rate has had an impact on the value of the divination cards rather than the other way around.

What you say holds true for Mortal hope fragments, though, because the card for those is relatively common. But for shav's? I don't see it that way.

"
Jgizle wrote:

This is something I will strongly disagree with. Some essences have their guaranteed tier0 rolls, but their value is determined by abundancy, and it's safe to say that they're not going to be as abundant as they are now, once they make it into the core-game. You also forget that there are quite a few things essences can't do, namely rerolling maps, adding Zana mods, and master crafting.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
I would say that it was a team effort between div cards and drop rate, and the etheral card, which creates competition for shav's by making 6Ls more accessible. Overall though everything else plummeted too, the price of a shav's relative to other uniques still holds though, so the buying power of a shav's is roughly the same. The only super expensive item now is skyforth.

All in all what the change really did was make it possible to earn the BiS items by playing the game more and playing the market less.
The thing is Shavs is pretty much a build enabler and shouldn't be too rare or too expensive. Yes Solaris does a similar thing but it is unusable by a lot of builds, exspecially those that are already bound to more uniques like summoners, which need a bit of ES on their chest.

Shavs basically failed to do what it should do. Simple BiS items like Kaoms, Disfavour or Reach should be expensive and rare and are likely too common, but Shavs is an item that always was way too expensive, considering the purpose.
"
Emphasy wrote:
The thing is Shavs is pretty much a build enabler and shouldn't be too rare or too expensive. Yes Solaris does a similar thing but it is unusable by a lot of builds, exspecially those that are already bound to more uniques like summoners, which need a bit of ES on their chest.

Shavs basically failed to do what it should do. Simple BiS items like Kaoms, Disfavour or Reach should be expensive and rare and are likely too common, but Shavs is an item that always was way too expensive, considering the purpose.

People keep saying shavs is needed because its a build enabler, but you can't have it both ways.

You can't say its a build enabler and then list a much cheaper and useful alternative chest. Like I know the difference between having ES on a chest and not having ES on a chest is huge, but so should the decision of going low life or not.

Aside from an aura based or some summoner builds, there is nothing absolutely necessary about going low life. ESPECIALLY now, when AC classes give people far more power then additional auras really.

As far as weapons go, unique ones like reach, disfavor, ect all serve the purpose of being a useable unique for the slot, but rares typically beating them out. I don't care as much if the weapons are available as you truly do need a good weapon to play this game, but uniques which specifically have alternatives or are luxury, should be exactly that.

People say skyforths is fine because there is eye of cheula (or however the hell its spelled) and the new ring as well. Hell even stacking a bit of stun avoidance can be enough depending. So why cant the chest equivalent of a powerful BIS unique be rare and as a result more valuable and special when you find it?

All I hope for is that GGG realizes that the gap between what was once rare t1 unqiues and t0 is apparently much wider, partly to do with the fact they made t1 uniques far too accessible.

FeelsBadMan

You're way to fixated on Shavs. It just happens to be an item which lost a lot of value, so it was replaced as "the jackpot". Nowadays other items are the jackpot and cost what Shavs used to cost. And they are similarly rare to how rare Shavs was.

The only thing that changed is the actual items considered to be the long-term goals. But such goals do still exists in the game.

Sounds like you found a great item and are sad that this specific item is no longer the ticket to 10 fully geared characters. Guess you'll have to grind some more to find HH or those boots or some mirror-worthy rare. Just sell the 10 Shavs you found and get one of the new big ticket items...

BTW: I've been playing regularly since the original closed beta and have still never found a Shavs. So the rarity is probably not the main problem. Its price dropped for many reasons:
- Drop rate increase from "almost impossible" to "super rare"
- Div cards
- Meta shift (decreased demand)
- Easy selling thru premium stash tabs (hugely increased supply)
I'd rate the last 2 points as the ones with the biggest effect on the price.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
You're way to fixated on Shavs. It just happens to be an item which lost a lot of value, so it was replaced as "the jackpot". Nowadays other items are the jackpot and cost what Shavs used to cost. And they are similarly rare to how rare Shavs was.

The only thing that changed is the actual items considered to be the long-term goals. But such goals do still exists in the game.

Sounds like you found a great item and are sad that this specific item is no longer the ticket to 10 fully geared characters. Guess you'll have to grind some more to find HH or those boots or some mirror-worthy rare. Just sell the 10 Shavs you found and get one of the new big ticket items...

BTW: I've been playing regularly since the original closed beta and have still never found a Shavs. So the rarity is probably not the main problem. Its price dropped for many reasons:
- Drop rate increase from "almost impossible" to "super rare"
- Div cards
- Meta shift (decreased demand)
- Easy selling thru premium stash tabs (hugely increased supply)
I'd rate the last 2 points as the ones with the biggest effect on the price.

Name one item that is similar to how shavs was. Hell, for a real challenge name 3+

I disagree, it has far more to do with the first two then it does the second two. Think of it as a cascading effect with each of those in order decreasing the value of "shavs" (or insert t1 unique here).

Or look at it from the bottom up. Easy selling has pretty much always been a thing, premium tabs are easier then using a 3rd party tool, but previously people sold the T1 uniques using whatever methods they could because it was worth it to do so.

Meta shift can dictate how much demand there is for an item, however if we go up the list, the ones prior get to determine how many there are. Rarity*demand=value or whatever formula you want to put here, supply+demand=market cost.

Div cards, it wasn't until this patch that the actual shav wrapping card was added (like 2.4 or whatever we on IIRC) because it drops, as far as I can tell only from shavs in t13 map. Yes you can get it from shavs unique item or jack in the box or whatever, but its rare in those, like really rare.

So we look at the first and our last point, rarity or in otherwords, frequency of drops. When the supply is too much even from drops alone then the price will suffer, add in all of the other aspects we have here and we have essentially a disaster where shavs (or insert t1 unique here) are worth far less and as a result the feeling of finding one is that much lessor.

FeelsBadMan

Shavs is a special case. HH for example still sells upwards of 200 ex or more and can be chanced, can be gotten from multiple div cards, and can drop in a map with the nemesis mod, as well as the prophecies Deadly Rivalry I & V. You definitely see a larger supply of HH now than before, even in new leagues.

I never thought shavs was that great to begin with. It certainly was not required in any build although certainly good. There are however cheaper alternatives.

Similarly it doesnt seem like the invreased drop rates effected other high value uniques like atziris disfavour or acuities.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 31, 2016, 3:14:02 PM
"
Jgizle wrote:
Shavs is a special case. HH for example still sells upwards of 200 ex or more and can be chanced, can be gotten from multiple div cards, and can drop in a map with the nemesis mod, as well as the prophecies Deadly Rivalry I & V. You definitely see a larger supply of HH now than before, even in new leagues.

I never thought shavs was that great to begin with. It certainly was not required in any build although certainly good. There are however cheaper alternatives.

Similarly it doesnt seem like the invreased drop rates effected other high value uniques like atziris disfavour or acuities.

HH is a t0 unique with very special "drop" restrictions. It isn't ANYWHERE nearly the same as shavs. Not even remotely.

Furthermore, where are you getting that 200ex price, that isn't temp league pricing and even in standard, the only corruption that could be worth that is the endurance charge, which is only really going to happen from the corrupted cards.

Headhunter can only be chanced in nemesis ZANA map mod, which is currently unavailable.

There are div cards it can be turned in from, but those aren't drops and only 2 div cards to my knowledge are ones that guarantee an actual headhunter.

Its absolutely 100% false that headhunter can drop in a rare map with the nemesis mod, it absolutely can ONLY and forever drop out of the ZANA mod. Thats THE ONLY CASE THIS ITEM WILL EVER DROP (or if a party member drops it).

As far as the prophecy chain, do you have any source to back up that claim, I don't see any information about headhunter and that chain.

You simply don't even know you are wrong either. Atziri's acuities and disfavor axes have SPECIAL DROP RESTRICTIONS. Items like these aren't normal drops.... so let me ask you the same question I asked before, what other unique that you can find (anywhere, no special drop restrictions) and have that special feeling. (ill give you a hint there isn't any left)

You can find a shavs in a level 60 zone btw.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info