Getting a shavs makes me sad.

So, does anyone else remember pre-2.0 when shavs were 60-80 ex?

Weren't those the best times? when the market was actually decent?

I'm in standard doing atziri runs coz, why the tittynipple not, i kill the trio, shavs drops, i poe.trade it, and its literally 4 ex... like, thats... idk math, but thats really shit...

:/ this makes me sad... and somewhat infuriating because, GGG had to make the questionable decision of "durrrr we should 4x the drop rate of everything, because that's what everyone wanted!!!"

ugh...

This is gonna make me really upset for a while... :(
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2016, 10:19:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yea hated those times. Getting one GG item ment you only need 10 more to make any decent build.

Right now chancing Skyforth means you can make any build you want and still have leftovers.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Could you elaborate, what makes market "decent"?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Could you elaborate, what makes market "decent"?

there was an in between for the super expensive items, and the shitty items, like, CoE was 2 ex or something, Auxium was 2 ex also, alot of items were in the exalts range, unlike now, most of the items are in the chaos range :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
you got a Shavs.
fuck the "market".

I never will.
fuck my life.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I agree.

I found a Bino's yesterday in essence league. Used to be that would be exciting in temp league, but now they sell for shit.
Censored.
Nah, I got a Shavs back then, but I like it now much more. If I want to make a build that requires a Shavs, I actually can, even in a temp league. Back then, I could not.

I much prefer being able to make a build I want over not being able to.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I would have preferred at least shavs to have stayed low drop rate. I would be willing to discuss the other tier ones that should probably have their tiers changed and such But I felt that Shavronne's should have remained a high ticket drop. It would have allowed low life to be purposely allowed to be strong as hell because of a massive buy in price if shavs were at least 20ex.

My attitude on this may be because I feel like trade has stagnated due to higher drop rates and public tabs though. For the average casual player like myself, I was able to make 30+ ex in talisman, the first league I ever really tried to run a shop. My income in temp leagues has never been close to that since. I will be lucky to have 6 ex in currency by the time essence is done and it is part of the reason I only care about standard for testing now. I'd rather save up my currency and add to my perfect rolls unique collection rather than spend any substantial amount on gearing characters in standard anymore.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Shav's being 4ex isn't a problem, it still 9-10 earlier in the league (when i bought one). The problem is almost everything that isn't meta atm is worthless.

Alpha's howl 1c, lol.

Carcass Jack couple chaos.

Koam's sub 1 ex.

This seems to have been getting more rapid and worse with each passing league, the meta is becoming much much more representative of the entire population of market share.

Remember when everyone complained about playing for days and never finding anything of value? Now you find the things that USED to be valuable but don't sell for anything.

Another contributor to this is the speed of which players mow through content. That means more and more of these items drop and flood the market with more than demand exists, unless it is a meta item.

Now that's not to say you can't make currency, it has just heavily shifted to the more steady staples, maps, keys (shaper, atziri, uberlab).
so items are good only if they are expensive? i thought that item 'value' is in how it is useful for a build - not because some people are willing to pay a lot for it

items having single digit prices in EX does not destroy their 'value' - it just makes them easier to sell (because more people can afford them) and buy

only issue with that is that trade mongers that value their enjoyment in exalts are a bit screwed. given the direction game took several patches ago (making solo self found possible..) this trend will only continue

in short: .001% problems noone really cares about

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info