Getting a shavs makes me sad.

Any nemesis monster ie a monster with the nemesis mod on them can drop nemesis league uniques. It doesnt have to be in zana mod only. Those 2 prophecies give the nemesis mod to a unique enemy that can drop a HH.

Its the same with the warbands prophecies that allow warband specific uniques to drop. Thats how I got all my brinerot related uniques as I never played warbands.

Those would be

1. Scout
2. The Warmongers I-IV
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 31, 2016, 3:47:49 PM
"
Jgizle wrote:
Any nemesis monster ie a monster with the nemesis mod on them can drop nemesis league uniques. It doesnt have to be in zana mod only. Those 2 prophecies give the nemesis mod to a unique enemy that can drop a HH.

Its the same with the warbands prophecies that allow warband specific uniques to drop. Thats how I got all my brinerot related uniques as I never played warbands.

Warbands are different.

Find me a GGG source or stream that say otherwise and I will admit I'm wrong, until then there is absolutely no evidence anywhere I've seen that you can get a headhunter as a "unrestricted" drop.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Name one item that is similar to how shavs was. Hell, for a real challenge name 3+

HeadHunter, Atziri's gloves+axe (6L), Starforge, Skyforth and quite a large number of good helmet bases with the right enchants all sell for 2 digit exalts. In std there's a boat load of expensive legacies. There are mirrored rares. But wait, noooo, they're all special cases (because they are not Shavs, I guess). Sigh.

If you cannot embrace the change of value of a specific item, at least accept it. It's what most other people do. The most important aspect of the game is still there: There are long term goals to grind for. They're just different than before. Why do always pine after what's gone?

Regarding trading since premium tabs: I never really bothered selling anything before they came along. Now I keep trading. I bet I'm not alone in being lazy with this aspect of the game.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

Warbands are different.

Find me a GGG source or stream that say otherwise and I will admit I'm wrong, until then there is absolutely no evidence anywhere I've seen that you can get a headhunter as a "unrestricted" drop.

Warbands ARE different because the drops are tied to the specific warbands, the only way to get a league only item other than warbands items are from Div cards, that leagues zana mod, or cadiro. If you can find the what we're doing when we end warbands/tempest thread it says that warbands are special and their uniques aren't being retired in the same way.
Their not different they work exactly the same way. Their both league specific. They both have prophecies that give their league specific mod to enemies directly, outside of zana maps. The enemies both drop league specific uniques.

Not my fault you were unaware of this, but they are entirely the same, just from a coding perspective alone. All a zana map with a league specific modifier does is apply that mod to every monster. The prophecies just apply it to a specific set of enemies. The drops in both cases are restricted. You cant kill anything and get a league specific unique. It is only what the prophecies say to kill that have the mods.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 31, 2016, 3:55:34 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
I much prefer being able to make a build I want over not being able to.

+1. OP trolling.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I'm also glad you thought my whole post needed to be removed, that just quantifies how clearly that your inability to assess the situation is. GGG is far too concerned about hurting your feeling, I'm not you simply lack the experience to give an informed opinion on this situation and therefore can't simply comprehend the situation of me and OP.

Do you have anything more substantial to say than "I am better than you, your opinion doesn't count"?

EDIT: BTW my reply also got deleted.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Nov 1, 2016, 7:37:48 AM
"
treffnix wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Name one item that is similar to how shavs was. Hell, for a real challenge name 3+

HeadHunter, Atziri's gloves+axe (6L), Starforge, Skyforth and quite a large number of good helmet bases with the right enchants all sell for 2 digit exalts. In std there's a boat load of expensive legacies. There are mirrored rares. But wait, noooo, they're all special cases (because they are not Shavs, I guess). Sigh.

If you cannot embrace the change of value of a specific item, at least accept it. It's what most other people do. The most important aspect of the game is still there: There are long term goals to grind for. They're just different than before. Why do always pine after what's gone?

Regarding trading since premium tabs: I never really bothered selling anything before they came along. Now I keep trading. I bet I'm not alone in being lazy with this aspect of the game.

Dude those items arent anywhere near the same level of shavs, the values might be similar but those items have SPECIAL DROP RESTRICTIONS. You know what shavs had, nothing except like level 60 zone requirement.

Headhunter, atziri gloves, axe, starforge allr equire specific things, even skyforths requires ilevel 82 rare\unique mob or cowards trial in order to drop. Enchantments aren't drops, they are something you grind towards, while getting a good one on a good base is always good it isn't as crazy as the feeling of finding a shavs back when they actually had value.

They are all special cases because THEY ALL HAVE DROP RESTRICTIONS and HEAVY drop restrictions at that. You can't find them in the wild, you must search in specific places behind rng on rng, they are the reward for that grind, but hardly the same when its somewhat expected to get them considering atziri, uber atziri and shaper always drop their uniques.

Really whats the long term goal for someone that wants to really push a character further and further now. There is only a dozen or less unique items that have significant value and most of those require niche builds in order to make them work properly.

"
Their not different they work exactly the same way. Their both league specific. They both have prophecies that give their league specific mod to enemies directly, outside of zana maps. The enemies both drop league specific uniques.

Not my fault you were unaware of this, but they are entirely the same, just from a coding perspective alone. All a zana map with a league specific modifier does is apply that mod to every monster. The prophecies just apply it to a specific set of enemies. The drops in both cases are restricted. You cant kill anything and get a league specific unique. It is only what the prophecies say to kill that have the mods.

So let me get this right, if I can find a headhunter in a nemesis map mod, that means I can find a bloodlines item on a bloodline map (the roll, not the zana mod)

Following your logic that would be possible, except it isn't. Check the wiki, hell ask GGG staff\support do whatever you need to, but warbands is a special case, they are incorporated into the core of the game via various map bosses now and strongboxes. However for bloodlines\nemesis they didn't port the uniques into the core of the game when they added those mobs.

Outside of the special drop situations you can't find a headhunter in the wild. Why you don't understand this or know this idk.

How to tell someone is making shit up is that you are talking about the coding, you absolutely have no clue what you are talking about and its clear you don't. Again, I asked you to provide proof and you provide nothing and all resources and information proves to the contrary of what you've stated. So either you are trolling or you can't understand the question being asked.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Nov 1, 2016, 9:49:59 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
...but those items have SPECIAL DROP RESTRICTIONS...

Which ones? The great rares anyone can identify with lots of luck? Or the mirrors which can drop in Act1? or the skyforth you can chance anywhere in Merc late acts? And anyway, why is the drop restriction of Shavs what makes it special? I thought it was the feeling of getting a jackpot that you complain about missing.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Really whats the long term goal for someone that wants to really push a character further and further now...

Why are you still playing then? Don't you need any long term goals anymore? Then things have always been and remain fine. If you do and are still playing, then I guess there must be long term goals out there, so things are fine as well.
Erm, what was your point again?
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
...but those items have SPECIAL DROP RESTRICTIONS...

Which ones? The great rares anyone can identify with lots of luck? Or the mirrors which can drop in Act1? or the skyforth you can chance anywhere in Merc late acts? And anyway, why is the drop restriction of Shavs what makes it special? I thought it was the feeling of getting a jackpot that you complain about missing.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Really whats the long term goal for someone that wants to really push a character further and further now...

Why are you still playing then? Don't you need any long term goals anymore? Then things have always been and remain fine. If you do and are still playing, then I guess there must be long term goals out there, so things are fine as well.
Erm, what was your point again?

Mirrors can drop anywhere, but the amount of mirrors compared to the previous droprate of shavs is no where near the same level. Lets say 100 shavs to 1 mirror back in the day. Furthermore, its not really something that is realistically going to drop, only a fraction of a fraction of players will ever find a mirror, however a good number of players that actually play will find t1 uniques.

Chancing a unique is NOT THE SAME AS FINDING ONE. I've chanced every sorc boot i've seen and yet to chance it, so clearly its not nearly as common as you think it is.

Great rares, EleGiggle nice joke.

You are chiming in like you understand the situation, you clearly dont. I kinda expect more from a closed beta supporter like yourself, but I guess its somewhat normal to get disappointed by people posting here recently.

I'm not really playing atm, i played like 4-5 maps yesterday and stopped. I might play a little here and there, but the typical play for a month and get bored was only slightly extended because atlas this time around.

My point is there are FEWER special items that will drop and give you that feeling of nice I found XX or YY. Instead its limited to special restriction drops and lottery level of RNG stuff like mirror.

The inflation of uniques has been detrimental to the game, that is my point. People complained that they were too hard to get, now they are far too easy to get and GGG refuses to adjust the drop rates. One can only hope they address this in 3.0, before it gets worst then it already is. People that play standard are hurt the most, but at least GGG can change it for temp league players.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info