Blade vortex, pathfinder, and CI are getting nerfed

...Or let people that want to trivialize the game, trivialize it. And buff life a little bit.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
DarkWap wrote:
imo the main problem here is the instant leech, remove it and let's see how many builds can facetank the shaper.

solutions:
1. remove it from the game (even legacy items as vinktars)
2. make it work only with life
3. add a penality if used with es (30% less es leeched per second)
4. change the mechanic from instant to 100% (random high value) increased life leeched per second

QFT. Vaal Pact needs to go, the sooner the better. Instant leech makes the game impossible to balance.

Diablo 3 had the same problem in vanilla, and with their expansion they removed life leech. It made things a whole lot better, really did.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Which is why not letting unique flasks gain flask charges on crit better solves the issue. Now you don't have to nerf master surgeon/flask charge on crit for all flasks and you don't have to nerf unique flasks down to balance for 100% uptime allowing them to fulfill their intended design of temporary but powerful effects.

This is probably the second best solution, that would solve the problem in a way, but Vinktar would still be an exception to the way leech is intended to fit in this game.
I don't see why Vinktar must remain a special snowflake with it's 20%. Other similar flasks have 2% and are decent, with just the extra damage without the shock. Vinktar would still be good with 2% leech, without being so evidently out of line with the rest.
And with the ability to keep things like Rumi's up a little more the Pathfinder would remain so much more appealing, probably without beeing broken.
Last edited by Martox29A on Oct 14, 2016, 6:40:40 AM
If anything happens to BV, it'll be the base Crit Chance going down from 6% to 4%. I don't even understand how it can be 6% while Bladefall is only 5%... :)

I agree that instant-leech is one of the biggest sources of problems for balancing the game, unfortunately Vaal Pact was originally used as a mechanic to protect oneself against Reflect. As long as there is Reflect in the game in its current form, instant-leech cannot be removed.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Oct 14, 2016, 7:08:44 AM
"
Can't deny it. They always nerfed the most used/abused mechanics. So what do we think they will do.

These are just predictions, but we all know they will do something.

Blade vortex - they will make it hit as if it were 1 stack. It will still scale up the damage, so 9 stacks will hit with 9x more dMG as 1 stack, but still hit as often as 1 stack. This will keep the damage, but lose the consistent leech and massive number of crits it gives now.

Pathfinder. Ascendancy nodes will apply to non unique flasks only in regards to charges gained on crit, and double charges gained. Still be a very powerfully build, but no more permanent vinkt/atziri/taste/etc...

CI - removal of chaos immune and replaced with "chaos not bypass es, -40% all resistances"

ES will still be easy to get high, but much harder to cap resistances.

And then I think ghost reaver may get a less effective mod. Leech applied to es at 20%.

These are my predictions. They would soften the builds, but not totally kill them.

How do you think ggg will balance these, and we know some sort of change is coming. Be a useful it always does when the meta is so one sided.

Bold part would be enough. Pathfinder nerf... meh? Not really sure if needed. CI nerf is an overkill. Chaos does not bypass energy shield, 15% max chaos resistance and additional 100% Chaos resistance. (So that you have 90% at Normal 80% at Cruel, and 40% at Merciless, but you can invest 50% on gear to have 90% again)
So that CI still gets a lot less of a hassle with chaos damage, but can't ignore it entirely. It gets 15% MORE ES anyways, so that is a fair trade I suppose.
But honestly, I'd much rather see HP get some love with flasks getting higher tiers, and a reasonable way of refilling them at boss fights.

And yeah, Vaal Pact makes it a balance hell. While super useful for evasion builds, it being instant is way too much. Giving it +30% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate (or maybe 100% more maximum Leech rate?) should be enough for it to be useful, while not being entirely broken on some builds.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 14, 2016, 7:20:37 AM
All pathfinders are screaming about "nerf everything but not pathfinder", kek

BV must hit once per second? What? It will broke whole spec-line! Coz even if this 1 hit will be stronger in 40 times then current it will be shit! Coz all damage gems and auras with flat damage on hit becomes useless also as BV only because of that.
Would PF_perma_flasks becomes weakier after that? Lol, NO! They are didn't even noticed that "nerf" - see the video above!

Vessel of Vinktar. It spends all charges per use, so ANY no_PF able to use it ONCE per boss battle. Sure, one can have 2 or 3 flask, but with their cost it's OK and it still wouldn't be a perma Vinktar!
This flask mentioned to be one-time-saver with high cost. But only PF able to run it with 90% uptime! So not flask ruin this game, but PFs using it!
Nerf it (just remove!) and what will do PFs? Just change their builds to use high block stuff + Rumi - it will be tons cheaper even!
So, PFs wouldn't be affected again, but all another builds will suffer.

Remove BV, Vessel, Leech and change Master Surgeon to work with non_uniq flasks only and what?
Are you forgot about blue unsta heal potions? This will be nearly the same shit, just a lot cheapier!
But everyone would suffer as hell and PFs will be still top-content-owners.

main problem - is CD-less Master Surgeon flask charges proc and that's it.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 14, 2016, 7:58:44 AM
SilverWF please notice my profile is public and there's no pathfinder there.:D
Quite amusingly you will find Vinktars though...

I see you still didn't read the developer manifesto stating the place of leech in the game (nothing to do with any "one-time-saver with high cost").

I'm afraid you're not making much sense ("blue unsta heal potions"?).
Last edited by Martox29A on Oct 14, 2016, 9:03:40 AM
"
Martox29A wrote:
SilverWF please notice my profile is public and there's no pathfinder there.:D
Quite amusingly you will find Vinktars though...

I see you still didn't read the developer manifesto stating the place of leech in the game (nothing to do with any "one-time-saver with high cost").

I'm afraid you're not making much sense ("blue unsta heal potions"?).

I'm afraid you didn't read my post or just continue refuse obvious things - Master Surgeon is pretty broken.
Not BV, not Leech, not any flasks, but only ONE passive skill.
Keep it up, mate, let's nerf everything around, but not Master Surgeon.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Not "everything", just Vinktar. :D
"
Martox29A wrote:
Not "everything", just Vinktar. :D

Screw every build that plays with vinktars because pathfinder synergy with it is broken ? Sorry didn't read the previous posts. Master surgeon will most likely eat the nerf bat,hope they wont break the entire ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info