Blade vortex, pathfinder, and CI are getting nerfed

"
Ceri wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:
imo the main problem here is the instant leech, remove it and let's see how many builds can facetank the shaper.

solutions:
1. remove it from the game (even legacy items as vinktars)
2. make it work only with life
3. add a penality if used with es (30% less es leeched per second)
4. change the mechanic from instant to 100% (random high value) increased life leeched per second

QFT. Vaal Pact needs to go, the sooner the better. Instant leech makes the game impossible to balance.

Diablo 3 had the same problem in vanilla, and with their expansion they removed life leech. It made things a whole lot better, really did.

I had a flashback of vanilla cloud of bats witch doc with that insta leech when i started up a vaal pact BV.

Just stack enough hp to take a few good strong hits then leech like mad. Felt super broken again lol.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Life - unchanged - we feel that those poor shits sitting around 5000 life trying to do end game are doing just fine.

Why can't we go back to the beta days where every life node was 8% and big ones were 16 or 25? I miss being able to have 8k HP without Kaoms, and damn near 10k with it.
//go next
"
TheSN wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Life - unchanged - we feel that those poor shits sitting around 5000 life trying to do end game are doing just fine.

Why can't we go back to the beta days where every life node was 8% and big ones were 16 or 25? I miss being able to have 8k HP without Kaoms, and damn near 10k with it.

GGG's overarching game design is make the game so rippy that only the super elite can possibly ever level past 95. The best way to do this is to continuously nerf player health and defenses why making mobs and bosses hit harder. There are strong financial reason to do this so they cant be faulted entirely.

They nerfed block, nerfed health, nerfed max resists and it looks like their going to nerf ES to bring it back to shit the shit bin.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just passing here to show this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lvTfor3qg

Look this video in 10:00 min. Player tanking TWO Shaper's beam.
Last edited by Apocalich on Oct 17, 2016, 1:32:26 AM
"
Dude BV is dogshit without path finder just as pathfinder is dogshit without flask like what the fuck do we do lol

how u have 40 challanges completed i would never know.Have u heard of The Harvest does the same thing as pathfinder only 10x better, BV works fine as assasin and as trikster. Fact is people need 15-20ex of gear to make THE BV BUILD FACEtank shaper HOW many OF u people THAT ARE CRYING NERF NERF get 15-20ex.
"
zmajmkd wrote:
"
Dude BV is dogshit without path finder just as pathfinder is dogshit without flask like what the fuck do we do lol

how u have 40 challanges completed i would never know.Have u heard of The Harvest does the same thing as pathfinder only 10x better, BV works fine as assasin and as trikster. Fact is people need 15-20ex of gear to make THE BV BUILD FACEtank shaper HOW many OF u people THAT ARE CRYING NERF NERF get 15-20ex.

There's NOTHING wrong with that if the gear is expensive. BV isn't as strong as an assassin or trickster compared to a pathfinder not even remotely close.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 21, 2016, 10:57:31 PM
well, there is always a bright side to things. And the bright side to these nerfs is that we all get a FREE SKILL RESET. WAAAOOOWWWWWW!!!
CI normally isn't as good/cheap as it is now the ES essence has made good CI gear overly abundant.
Nerfing CI because of a temp league mechanic won't be good for the game in the long run.

Pathfinder is busted and so are flasks in general but that is also made worse by Essence loots.

Take this same game meta balance and place it in a league like Prophecy instead of Essence and you might have had a different result. Would people really be that hyped for BV CI if you had no hope of getting above 8k ES?
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Oct 22, 2016, 8:10:21 AM
Some good ideas in here, another one I would consider is removing the "more" ES node behind CI, instead of nerfing the CI node itself. Ignoring chaos is enough of a bonus, the extra energy shield is overkill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info