[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

Could someone please review my character (frankzandbeanz) and let me know what needs upgrading first? If my rings are worth spending the exalt on for ES%. I'd appreciate any advice. Should I be using wrath instead of Hoi and hot for my family cursing? Thanks
"
ColeonePS wrote:
Could someone please review my character (frankzandbeanz) and let me know what needs upgrading first? If my rings are worth spending the exalt on for ES%. I'd appreciate any advice. Should I be using wrath instead of Hoi and hot for my family cursing? Thanks

You just need to keep playing get your gems to 20/20 most of you;re gear could be upgraded easily. You should drop forces of nature and get the flask node in the witch area.
For rings im looking at Opals or maybe diamond and here's what i want on them

1.60% + elemental damage
2.Flat accuracy rating (you want at least a 90% chance to hit bear minimum)
3.Flat damage PHY's or lightning depending on how you're playing the build)
4. % energy shield
5.Flat energy shield
6.Crit chance
7. Res

I use this when i search for rings. You might want to add Res if needed or change values.

http://poe.trade/search/kurimomodutain
Last edited by Heisenbergi on Apr 27, 2017, 3:21:22 PM
"
DicemanX wrote:
Just wanted to bring attention to this build, showcased in the following video:

Spoiler

The Doomfletch Prism builds are very similar to Signalshot but quite glass cannon with the Abyssus helm. The main reason I bring up this showcase though is the player's choice of gloves which haven't been discussed in this thread to my knowledge:

The main selling point of these gloves is the sky high accuracy we can get from them, which lowers the need for accuracy on other gear. In the endgame we should be reaching around 350 intelligence, which translates into a massive 700 accuracy. The ES is not terrible either, depending on how high you scale your strength. Granted these gloves are not going to beat 200+ ES gloves with T1-T2 accuracy and attack speed rolls, but can be considered more of a budget option or a way to have more flexibility on other gear and not be constrained by needing accuracy elsewhere. Also, for those taking Depth Perception or Acuity on the passive tree, Shaper's Touch can allow you to redirect those points elsewhere.

The second reason why Shaper's Touch might be considered is that they are in plentiful supply, and can be corrupted for elemental weakness on hit. A level 12 Elemental Weakness (the best possible corruption) gives us -31% to regular mob resists and -12% to boss resists, which is a pretty large dps boost since weakness effectively stacks with all of our penetration. Still, Signalshot has 5 free gem slots to play around with and they can be used to set this up:

This combination gives -50% resists and -20% to boss resists. This is 8% more resist reduction than the glove implicit corruption, which increases the damage multiplier quite a bit. The totem is unnecessary when mapping, but can be deployed while you wait for Shaper to begin the fight or before you walk close enough to the Guardians to begin those fights. The curse lasts 11 seconds so it doesn't matter if the totem is destroyed shortly after the fight starts.

There is actually a third possible reason to use Shaper's Touch - increased safety when leveling:

Here I'm using a level 20 Grace instead of Hatred/Herald of Ash, and I'm using a Jade Flask to push the evasion to 20K+. This gives me a chance to evade of 57%. Without the Flask I get 41% chance to evade.

Is this a good idea? Well I'm just tossing out options but you'll have to decide for yourself. A Rumi's Concoction (particularly a legacy one), as Blasting_Cap points out, is a good defensive option too, and is likely better than a Jade Flask, but we could still potentially run Grace for an added layer of safety. Of course I'd only drop Hatred (or Wrath for the Opus users) if the damage is still enough to clear maps quickly and efficiently.

thx for great suggestions (again!)

1) shaper's touch: Shaper's touch look like a decent alternative (esp. with ele weakness). However I feel that you need a fine-tuned jewellery (with a lot of stats) for it to be well utilized. Our tree isn't that intheavy compared to HoWa-builds or even standard CI trees, and we don't gain anything from dex.

2) Jade+grace combo: This combo is very decent and a nice option for a more hardcore-ish approach. It can be used even without the shaper's gloves or an "of reflexes" suffix since we have quite a dex-heavy tree.

about the spell totem: some curse-setup on a boss fight is quite mandatory, but as an Opus-player I like the simple Frenzy-CoH setup more (with 3 arrows we hardly miss the boss).

Frenzy (20/0) - CoH (20/20) - EleWeakness (20/20) - Enhance or an utility gem like PCoC

Curse on Hit gives us 10% increased curse effect and 12% reduced curse duration (which is not a big deal imo) and we get 1-2 frenzy charges for free at the start of the battle. Tbh I don't quite understand why this setup is considered to be bad in this thread.

3) the res-discussion (not related to this post) : Tbh a lot depends on your gaming setup / connection. I sometimes experience lagspikes where I can't use wise-oak or any flask in time. The 70%ish resistances saved me from a lot of deaths there. However, if your game runs really smoothly and reliably and you aren't playing HC there isn't much point in investing in res past the 50%ish threshold.
Last edited by juerk on Apr 27, 2017, 4:23:38 PM
Is this worth Elreoning

Rarity: Rare
Rift Wing
Harbinger Bow
--------
Bow
Physical Damage: 86-224 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 8-113 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.55% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Dex: 212
--------
Sockets: G G
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
31% increased Critical Strike Chance
--------
146% increased Physical Damage
Adds 8 to 113 Lightning Damage
23% increased Projectile Speed
"
juerk wrote:

about the spell totem: some curse-setup on a boss fight is quite mandatory, but as an Opus-player I like the simple Frenzy-CoH setup more (with 3 arrows we hardly miss the boss).

Frenzy (20/0) - CoH (20/20) - EleWeakness (20/20) - Enhance or an utility gem like PCoC

Curse on Hit gives us 10% increased curse effect and 12% reduced curse duration (which is not a big deal imo) and we get 1-2 frenzy charges for free at the start of the battle. Tbh I don't quite understand why this setup is considered to be bad in this thread.

It's certainly a viable option, similar to the approach used by King-of-the-Forest builds - build up max frenzy charges against Shaper/Guardians to then stack poison with Barrage via the Snakebite Gloves.

However, for three of the Guardian fights at least, you can carry over the momentum from fighting mobs by quickly entering the Guardian room and engaging the bosses as quickly as possible. You can thus carry over the Power and Frenzy charges that way. The Frenzy charges can be generated either by putting Poacher's Mark on a CoH set-up, or using Blood Rage, or by putting Ice Bite into the links for LA/Ice Shot/Tornado Shot.

Versus Shaper, it's a tough call whether the Frenzy set-up is beneficial. You want to use every millisecond bursting Shaper down when the opportunity presents itself, and using frenzy first will require a 0.75-1 second to build up the charges, which means potentially doing 1-3 million damage less within that time. There's an added potential issue of positioning - you need to be right next to Shaper to get the 1.5 multiplier for Point Blank, and who knows if having to Frenzy first might not affect that plan especially if you have to leech ES within that second.

Generating Power Charges via an offhand weapon and plopping down a Spell Totem doesn't cost you any time by comparison, since that can be done before the fight actually begins or resumes. Ultimately though you should test the approaches to see which is best for you.
"
Heisenbergi wrote:
"
ColeonePS wrote:

You just need to keep playing get your gems to 20/20 most of you;re gear could be upgraded easily. You should drop forces of nature and get the flask node in the witch area.
For rings im looking at Opals or maybe diamond and here's what i want on them

1.60% + elemental damage
2.Flat accuracy rating (you want at least a 90% chance to hit bear minimum)
3.Flat damage PHY's or lightning depending on how you're playing the build)
4. % energy shield
5.Flat energy shield
6.Crit chance
7. Res

I use this when i search for rings. You might want to add Res if needed or change values.

http://poe.trade/search/kurimomodutain

Thanks for the response. Gonna give the spec a shot and see about finding some rings fitting the criteria.
Hello, I am trying to improve my current barrage build and thought I would give this a try. However, I am not getting this DPS you demonstrate. In fact, the most I can get is around 39k - 95k tooltip.

Here is my tree.

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAO0yEAB0r-sB0aJA9PihIsSip9T-yBsBGf4GI3sUlLj5Y5XM7T831FFH51Qk_f_elQUIiZrxXWjKqTB8fys51Hb3Mfqgn1b6d9cUdVuvpMKNvwW1wuy0xdvnbAjxikcG8uFjQw3R44QrCl3yKgtwUonTjDbQ0F9qj_rw1UlRlS4HHuwYLL8V14auVmPBxX_GoqMPxDt8uMqTJ--I-TfXz0mxvoqhL2wLIvRtGRFQNbmnKx1P2VsbJd-KLR9MsyBuUDDQH-_rRX4OXGr6S67pAt-YYlokndN-IXaGzsEzf4D_EJ638W3pmBeWN0zHnQAAAAAA

If I switch to the Blood Twine, my DPS goes up about 25k, but obviously it does not come close to your DPS. Which apparently is 200k+. With potions up, I can get nearly 100k. Experimenting here and there (changing amulet, jewels, and rings, etc) I can get it up a little , but I get no where near 200k.

Here are my items. - Ignore the gems I have in the items. - I use the gems you suggest for barrage. (AF,PTL,EF,PPTD,WED,B)

What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler

Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
Hey, very nice guide. Can you help me, please? I just found 99% perfect Lioneye's Glare. So I was searching a guide for CI Bow and stumbled upon your guide. Can you tell me, is it possible to do this build using Lioneye's glare? Or can it be adjusted to it?
"
mopeskie wrote:
"
Satisfaction wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:

firstly who are u ?
seccondly telling me to uncap my self to pick a little multi sounds like horrible advice
lets rely on something can not be available permantly sounds like a great way to waste xp

Just someone who has been following this post a lot longer than you.
I gave you advice that has been discussed here multiple times... Next time you want help go back and read the last 270 pages and dont be a jerk :)

sorry i cam across rude i didnt intend to but i personally came to ask the source for the information not you because if i listened to every person on the internet who gave me advice about a build i would have no currencey and alot of broken builds so forgive me for my questioning as u still have not announced why i should listen to you untill now where u insult me by calling me a jerk and say u been following the guide ........ real mature

dont get upset i didnt want your advice i didnt come here for ur advice as i have no clue who you are

There are so many posts on maximizing dps, so coming to this thread, demanding to be personally spoonfed by the thread creator (and fuck everyone elses' opinions) is a little strange mate[/quote]

maybe if he announced that he in one of the people maintaining the build my attitude may have been different but he didnt.....

seriously advice of rely on ur flask for res is the worst advice i have ever seen given in this game regardless of the effects of a pathfinder

also the person made alot of assumptions to what my problem was all i said was that my barrage feels like its lacking now i understand more multi is a given
better advice would have been to level a little more and pick up the crit multi nodes x2
get more attack speed fix ur jewels but it didnt go down like that didnt it ?

and u cant argue with me that my need for the direct source of the information is wrong as
its like going to bob to ask how mary is feeling and why .....
ive seen many so called "beta" players give horrible advice because there veiw on the game is outdated

...... opinions are like faces every one has one but every one has a different one .....
If your flasks are down you're probably about to be dead anyways since you have no leech without vinktars. If I so much as clip a reflect mob with flasks down I instantly die lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info