Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

"
frenrihr wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

You, again, keep on claiming that this game requires no skill and it is only cheesed by numbers, at the same time calling me delusional.

Meanwhile, I have 0 problems with running Lab (a slight problems with Uber when it comes to casters, but these are only a minor complaints), and I'm not playing any of the builds you are mentioning. Even more so - I'm INTENTIONALLY playing builds based on bad skills, bad/underrated mechanics or bad/underrated uniques.
Lets get real here - I'm playing a MemeHammer character now, which is using God-damn-this-is-a-buff GLACIAL HAMMER. I had ZERO problems with Lab. Why?
Because this game NEEDS SKILL. A SKILL YOU LACK. And instead of realizing it and correcting your mistakes, you insist that everyone around you are idiots, while you are the only one who is right, because this game is only about numbers.
Lets not even get deep into you clamming that you are losing a lot of exp at lvl 70, while anyone here who has some experience in the game will tell that exp loss at lvl 70 is NOTHING. You can LITERALLY level up in 10-20 minutes at level 70. Not 10%, a frikin 100%. Meaning you 10% of exp is 2 minutes of leveling. If you don't trust me on that, I'll record you a video, in which I will level up in 20 minutes, using GLACIAL HAMMER.

The day you stop being so fucking stubborn and angry at everything and everyone, you will be enjoying the game way more, and also you will learn much faster.

[Removed by Support] i couldnt careless about how good you think you are at a videogame that requieres 0 skill whatsoever and i have better things to care about, i play videogames to have fun not to make them my job or as a way to justify the air i breath because thats all i do with my life being "good" at videogames which is beyond pathetic.

So now you claim that this game requires no skill, yet you point out that you have no time to get that skill, since you have better things to do, and only play for fun.
And so you, again, try to belittle others (namely me), only to put back the argument that is presented to you. Argument that is crushing all of your aggressive, insulting and ignorant rhetoric.

What I'm doing with my life is my own business, but because you're so eager to go deeper that road, I'm just gonna say that I'm working full time as engineer for navy. I work with naval guns, ammunition, I'm drawing mounts for various equipment. What are YOU doing with your life? (And arguably, how is this related to this discussion, because I fail to see the connection).

Do you really want to go into this brag fest, that achieves nothing? Is it still about the video game, or people who play those games?
Do you want to have a discussion here, and a discussion about the game, or just vent out your angry feeling from dying in the Lab, and if anyone dares to disagree, lash out on them?

Answer those questions before writing another post, which leads this discussion nowhere.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Sep 22, 2016, 2:33:12 PM
textbook example

'i want to be able to feel like a skilled player yet i do not habe time to get good at it'
i wish you success in all your future endavours. be wary tho. real life has much harsher penalties and most of them are not immediate.

You can literally hear the gears running in your head that keep looping you through the same self discussion you give yourself.

"I'm good at video games that require skill. -> I keep dying in PoE so it must require no skill and is purely luck or playing a single meta build. -> Look at all these people defending the game design, they must have 0 skill and play the same meta build. -> Even if they aren't, I'm good at video games so they are lying that this game does not encourage skilled players to play with skill. -> Nothing they say matters because I knew from the start that if this were an actually well designed game, I wouldn't be dying all the time. -> In conclusion, this game requires no skill because I have skills and still die."

Rinse and repeat.

Step back. Take a breathe and realize non-meta builds finish the lab just fine, they stay alive just fine. Certain mechanics are meant for us to slow down and not bumrush the game to oblivion. You decided to face tank full charge Izaro, that is your own fault, not the game's. You decided to stand there and tank a powerful crit mob? That was your choice, not the game's. You decided to come to the forums and rant about how the game is designed badly even though you doubtfully have any game design experience but since you keep having problems, it is the game that is wrong, not you so anybody who gives you suggestions is defending the game and are wrong. That again is your problem not ours.

But it is so much easier to blatantly insult people and diss the game for being bad rather than admitting you were wrong isn't it?

Confirmation bias is a bitch.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
@perq - looking at your profile i would guess you are a completionist yourself. and yet you have ZERO char at 100. and yet you defend the system as ' just fine'. ah.. let me guess you simply can't do it too
"
EdenRage wrote:
@perq - looking at your profile i would guess you are a completionist yourself. and yet you have ZERO char at 100. and yet you defend the system as ' just fine'. ah.. let me guess you simply can't do it too

Level 100 should not be the goal of everyone. That requires multiple things to take into consideration. Some players don't like mapping with the same build for 2-3 weeks strait, even if it is powerful. Lets also not forget that mapping, especially at higher levels is expensive to maintain. Another factor to consider is the nerf to XP gain essentially making it take longer to get to 100 now then it did back when the highest zone level was 78. Furthermore, until recently the available tilesets for maps at higher levels have been relatively restrictive and overall underwhelming in terms of options\difference in challenge.

Another point to make is the game is basically balanced around ~level 85ish characters, maybe 90 for some of the harder things. So if you make it easy for people to get to 100, then the game would need to be balanced for those additional skill points. Thats one thing that I don't understand about people that complain they will never get 100, who fucking cares when the game by all intents in purposes has your build completed at around level 90?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
EdenRage wrote:
There's a difference between suggestions and feedback, you know.

You say you don't like the current penalty for dying. Okay. I believe you don't like it.

But think for just a few moments on how gameplay would change if there was no penalty at all for dying. What behaviors would change? I don't see how anyone could possibly see that as better if they really think about it.

So if not no penalty, then some penalty. Maybe numerically smaller, maybe penalizing a different thing.

I've already made a suggestion early in this thread, but let me generalize it and ignore the specifics: I believe league choice should revolve primarily around WHAT players want their death penalty to punish, not HOW MUCH it is punished. Let each player customize the WHAT to their personal taste: your XP, your equipment, your stash - you choose! I feel like the current league system - where the choice is HOW MUCH death penalty - is a flawed design. The death penalty for each league should be so different from the others that the HOW MUCH question should be a matter of opinion, not fact - a choice between incomparables.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 22, 2016, 10:12:40 AM
i am not sure if you read through the thread, what we are asking for is not total removal of xp penalty. okay maybe thats what TS asks. what we (or rather I) am asking for is a review to the xp penalty. with xp nerfs, buffed monster hp, BUFFED monster one shots, FURTHER xp nerf > 95. I believe its fair for ggg to review the harsh 10% penalty erasing days of play. this mechanic has been in place what? since day 1? and the whole reason it is here is.. i sincerely believe they copied from diablo, theres simply no reference to this from anywhere at all.
"
EdenRage wrote:
i am not sure if you read through the thread, what we are asking for is not total removal of xp penalty. okay maybe thats what TS asks. what we (or rather I) am asking for is a review to the xp penalty. with xp nerfs, buffed monster hp, BUFFED monster one shots,

All those monsters buff are here to balance the recent power creep that all the players had, everyone got a freaking big boost with ascendancy, and GGG is trying to bring the balance back.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I briefly covered removal just to eliminate it from consideration.

I don't think simply reducing the current penalty would really change much. They already have reduced it at least once before, and here we are again.

There are people who grind for gear, and people who grind for levels. The former currently face essentially zero penalty, leading to speed-farming on a massive scale with obvious economic consequences. The latter get hit hard with something stash-based mindsets don't even care about.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Necromael wrote:
If game requires 0 skill, why do you complain and have opened this thread for?

When everything else fails, op goes for ad hominem insults. Man, what a contradiction to yourself.

[Removed by Support] i clearly said that its ANNOYING to lose experience on death, losing time like that is stupid specially when you start to get little experience and the enemies start to become harder to kill, its unbalanced.
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Sep 22, 2016, 2:31:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info