Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

"
frenrihr wrote:
i just cant stand losing progression like a bitch
"
frenrihr wrote:
Is just STUPID, seriously i just lost a lot of fucking exp dying to shitty traps in your ubber trials, is just a LOAD OF CRAP, im not having fun with this game now to be honest i may just quit because i just cant stand losing progression like a bitch to stupid crap that should not be in the game in the first place.

Fuck your trials , fuck your lab, and fuck your penalty on death, also fuck your unresponsive game, trying to fucking flame dash and my character just stares like fucking idiot doing nothing while she is being raped by lava.

That's a lot of fucks, but I have to agree.

Some maps gives me 1% for the run, but when I die is -10%. Makes sense!

Some dude said that ggg made that to keep players playing for + time. It works the other way around to me. I just log off and come back in a day or 2. It's annoying.

Death penalty should be the exp that you got from the map, or just a 0 exp after you die till you open the next map.
I think penalties should be differences in kind, not in scale.

Current system:
* Softcore: lose some XP
* Hardcore: lose all XP + your gear transfers leagues

What I'd rather see:
* Standard: lose some durability on gear you have equipped. Durability cannot be repaired and items with zero durability self-delete. But items have LOTS of durability, so you have to really suck to lose items. No XP or stash penalty.
* Legacy (replaces Hardcore): lose all XP. Character revived on Normal Twilight Stand, level 1, quests reset, but still wearing all gear at time of death. Can refuse to revive to maintain ladder standing; lost if revived to reclaim gear. No item transference to other leagues. No stash penalty.
* Cutthroat: No stash, period, at any time. Drop inventory except equipped gear on death, which other players can pick up. No XP penalty.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 18, 2016, 10:19:34 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think penalties should be differences in kind, not in scale.

Current system:
* Softcore: lose some XP
* Hardcore: lose all XP + your gear transfers leagues

What I'd rather see:
* Standard: lose some durability on gear you have equipped. Durability cannot be repaired and items with zero durability self-delete. But items have LOTS of durability, so you have to really suck to lose items. No XP or stash penalty.
* Legacy (replaces Hardcore): lose all XP. Character revived on Normal Twilight Stand, level 1, quests reset, but still wearing all gear at time of death. Can refuse to revive to maintain ladder standing; lost if revived to reclaim gear. No item transference to other leagues. No stash penalty.
* Cutthroat: No stash, period, at any time. Drop inventory except equipped gear on death, which other players can pick up. No XP penalty.

Im just glad you are not a developer.
I don't mind the xp penalty in a temp league; it's designed as a race and some people are into the ladder thing. But, yeah, I'd love to see the penalty removed from Standard, not that I think it's going to happen.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
fun observation:

the same people post in 'penalty for dying hurts me' and in 'lab is bad'. let me guess why

on topic: death penalty is the only way this game can say 'your build and/or your playstyle sucks, fix that'
you can take this hint and improve or moan on forums. your choice.
"
sidtherat wrote:

on topic: death penalty is the only way this game can say 'your build and/or your playstyle sucks, fix that'

This. I can somewhat agree on the idea that temp league exp penalties only but at the same time this is a bigger deciding factor. Just how many more builds will "faceroll" content where they can build extremely glass cannony with the idea in mind that as long as you can clear most of the map before the last portal is used since you can die to reflect without a care in the world.

Take away the death xp penalty then see the "6 portals are too few" threads to pop up full force.

edit: I will admit, since standard only players would be much more interested in finishing characters at 100 to consider them absolutely complete, it is annoying that running yellow maps transmuted is the safest leveling strategy for tiny amounts of exp in high 90s, there needs to be more exp from red tier maps that are alched to tempt dangerous runs by having the exp be much better than yellow maps at all. I understand GGG reducing xp based on character level as they absolutely intend 100 to be astronomically challenging for a non full time streamer/no lifer but red maps themselves need to have an exp potential so high that alching them for runs should be a desired alternative to running 1% maps all day.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 18, 2016, 11:50:10 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
fun observation:

the same people post in 'penalty for dying hurts me' and in 'lab is bad'. let me guess why

There you go boys, the "pro" just came to tell us that we should all roll the same retarded FOTM build that is not fun but will carry you through the contet.

Get lost.
Last edited by frenrihr on Sep 18, 2016, 11:52:51 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:

What about when the server or internet connection suck instead? It's awful to lose progress because of things beyond your control. Even if online play were 100% perfect, I still couldn't ride your train because there are some pretty cheap ways to die where the death doesn't reflect the skill of the player or the viability of the build.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 18, 2016, 11:52:36 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

What about when the server or internet connection suck instead? It's awful to lose progress because of things beyond your control. Even if online play were 100% perfect, I still couldn't ride your train because there are some pretty cheap ways to die where the death doesn't reflect the skill of the player or the viability of the build.

The new party mechanics suggest that the game is able to recognize disconnects to some extent unless I am reading too much into it. Potentially we may have exp shields in the near future with any luck? Although that may not help anything with lag or desync...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 18, 2016, 11:58:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info