Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:50:25 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yes, every death when mapping that you can't see what one-shot off-screen creature did that, any on-screen creature that crits and kills you, and even most frustrating/infuriating is when we try to kite out of harms way and the server/client lag is such that what we see on our screen is behind what the server side simulation has calculated and already decided our exile is dead so no twitch reaction move command is fast enough, all this and more unavoidable ways our exile dies is why so many hate PoE and have quit.

Yeah, so true, even in areas 10 levels below your level there are situations where you just get an unavoidable one hit ko every once in a while. And anything lower than that doesn't give enough xp.
PoE has a beautiful, rich, detailed world - you can really feel the skill which went into crafting it.
The game mechanics on the other hand leave much room for improvement.
"
Exilyth wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yes, every death when mapping that you can't see what one-shot off-screen creature did that, any on-screen creature that crits and kills you, and even most frustrating/infuriating is when we try to kite out of harms way and the server/client lag is such that what we see on our screen is behind what the server side simulation has calculated and already decided our exile is dead so no twitch reaction move command is fast enough, all this and more unavoidable ways our exile dies is why so many hate PoE and have quit.

Yeah, so true, even in areas 10 levels below your level there are situations where you just get an unavoidable one hit ko every once in a while. And anything lower than that doesn't give enough xp.

Although there are some mechanics not telegraphed enough ( DD, Vaal DD ), what examples do you have in mind for those "unavoidable on hit ko" ?
Because HC players racing to lvl 100 seem to be able to avoid them.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
frenrihr wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Is the Lab poorly designed? Of course it is; lots of players hate that shit. But in all the Lab threads, the appropriate solution has likely been mentioned 0 times.

Chackpoints, thats all it needs, i have said it a lot of times and i doubt im the first one to say it.

It doesn't need checkpoints, the challenge was designed to be done in 1 sitting. While Chris said "15 min" I think he vastly underestimates "how good" players are at overcoming or navigating through a challenge, especially when the information about the lab is shared.

Then what does it need?, dont tell me you dont know because then thats BS.

It needs fucking checkpoints its design is flawed and dosent respect the choice of the people, we didnt wanted to play hardcore, we didnt signed to play a trap simulator either, so if you are going to do that at least offer some checkpoints to aleviate the frustration.

"OH but its abut muh skill" this game requires no skill, this game its all about numbers and how big your numbers are, all you need to do is abusse any OP build/skill/mechanic and you are good to go, then you get the numbers higher because by abussing this you get to advance further than the people that decided to ENJOY THE FUCKING GAME LIKE IT SHOULD BE and make their own builds and have FUCKING FUN,those people that want to PLAY, yes FUCKING PLAY, a FUCKING GAME, to have some FUCKING FUN, cant because this game while it can be fun it also SLAPS YOU IN THE FACE with its BULLCRAP mechanics, like the lab, the experience on death, so you end up just frustrated, i myself im only logging into the game like 1 hour now since i reached level 70, no shit is droping and if i die i lose a lot of experience that is not easy to gain back, so yeah, there goes all the fun i was having previous to this point... well another moment like that was one i found out about the BULLSHIT lab, but at least that can be overleveld... to acertain point because ubber lab yeah, i dont see myself doing that crap, fuck that.

Like the lab, seriously is a JOKE a SLAP IN THE FACE, this game has piss poor controls and character movility but they put traps and make a mechanic revolved around them...

IT DOSENT SURPRISE ME AT ALL, most bosses in this game have ABUSSIVE SPAM MECHANICS, like they throw a lot of shit all over the place and make you FIGHT THE FUCKING PISS POOR CONTROLS AND MOVILITY, you are NOT FIGHTING THE BOSS, nope, YOU ARE FIGHTING THE CRAPPY MOVILITY and CONTROLS, because this game IS NOT FIT FOR THAT TYPE OF MECHANICS, this is not a plataformer.

THEY KNOW THIS AND THEY ABUSSE THEIR OWN CRAPPY DESIGN TO MAKE ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY WHERE IS NONE.

"But sum people play un hurdcure and they dunt die" yeah... here is how they do it, they do it NOT HAVING FUN, they do it putting most of their nodes on LIFE, ENERGY SHIELD, RESITANCES, ARMOR AND EVASION, thats fucking it, they have to, to compensate for all the BS mechanics out there, thats why LIFE LEECH is OP as fuck, because its the only means in games like this to survive, to one shot mechanics, to SPAM of crap everywhere because moving around?, YEAH FUCK THAT you wont survive.

This is also why melee is not viable in this game, fcking spam of bullshit everywhere, piss poor movility, piss poor melee skills, they have nothing.

This game is TERRIBLY bad designed, even diablo 3 had a more solid foundation than this and people came here crying about diablo... LOOOOOL, at least in diablo they recognized their BS and changed, here, this developers wont, because the fanboys already inflated their egos a lot, a lot, and they wont accept to change anything. Also in D3 you levle up to max and then the game begins, here you cant even fucking get to max level, you cant complete your character, so whats the point of planing ahead if maxing a character is almost impossible, unless you are a no lifer that abusses some cheesy ass mechanic or build. "Oh but paragon levels", yeah, those WERE EXTRA, you didnt planed around paragon levels you planed around your levels and everything else was a bonus, is D3 perfect?, hell no, but it had a better foundation than this, im even considering going back to D3 because even if they dont ahve an AH anymore at least in there you can play self found no problem AND you can actually complete your character.

Also i want to clarify that im not ranting to you the person that i quoted, you just inspired me to rant in general, so dont fucking "offend yourself" seriously...
Last edited by frenrihr on Sep 22, 2016, 12:08:05 AM
I like how you get to arbitrarily decide the hardcore players aren't having fun stacking defenses. Emotion has blinded you 'child'.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
I like how you get to arbitrarily decide the hardcore players aren't having fun stacking defenses. Emotion has blinded you 'child'.

I like how you get to arbitrarily decide that hardcore players are having fun stacking defenses. alzhéimer has blinded you 'old hag'.
"
frenrihr wrote:
"

I like how you get to arbitrarily decide that hardcore players are having fun stacking defenses. alzhéimer has blinded you 'old hag'.

I don't know how I feel being called an old hag as a 23 year old male... Itchy I guess?

By 'child' I was referring to your state of being in these 13 some pages of discussion. Kind of sad that everybody has to tell you to tone down the personal insults and then you go on nice little emotion driven rants. It is difficult to have a discussion if your emotions are controlling your actions. You can let your distaste for lab or death penalty whatever influence your opinion, but letting it completely drive your end of the conversation is just sad and shows these people that you don't really have the emotional maturity to articulate your ideas in a beneficial way. If you take a step back and realize that some of these people's opinions come from good intentions or merely have a counterargument to your claim, you will see that these opposition posts come from a point of good intentions on asking you to see it from a different perspective rather than deciding "lab sucks, dying sucks so time to rant and if anybody disagrees then they are idiots" before you submit the first post. There was literally no transition between your first post and insulting people for replying. It almost quite literally happened immediately.

You do realize that people usually play hardcore versions of games due to the challenge right? Stacking defenses in almost any of these games is the way to go and to "have fun" in hardcore players minds. I personally don't enjoy all or nothing league style so I play in normal temp leagues and I have my fun. Hardcore players play hardcore because excessive defense stacking is pretty much what they see as fun.

Source: I will jump on the overhauled Survival Mode of Fallout 4 any day. Anything less just feels wrong. Easy to understand how hardcore players think for the most part when you have certain games that you enjoy greater challenges similar to 1 life style of playing, even if your personal idea of "hardcore" isn't actually 1 life style.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 22, 2016, 12:36:29 AM
"
frenrihr wrote:

It needs fucking checkpoints its design is flawed and dosent respect the choice of the people, we didnt wanted to play hardcore, we didnt signed to play a trap simulator either, so if you are going to do that at least offer some checkpoints to aleviate the frustration.

"OH but its abut muh skill" this game requires no skill, this game its all about numbers and how big your numbers are, all you need to do is abusse any OP build/skill/mechanic and you are good to go, then you get the numbers higher because by abussing this you get to advance further than the people that decided to ENJOY THE FUCKING GAME LIKE IT SHOULD BE and make their own builds and have FUCKING FUN,those people that want to PLAY, yes FUCKING PLAY, a FUCKING GAME, to have some FUCKING FUN, cant because this game while it can be fun it also SLAPS YOU IN THE FACE with its BULLCRAP mechanics, like the lab, the experience on death, so you end up just frustrated, i myself im only logging into the game like 1 hour now since i reached level 70, no shit is droping and if i die i lose a lot of experience that is not easy to gain back, so yeah, there goes all the fun i was having previous to this point... well another moment like that was one i found out about the BULLSHIT lab, but at least that can be overleveld... to acertain point because ubber lab yeah, i dont see myself doing that crap, fuck that.

You, again, keep on claiming that this game requires no skill and it is only cheesed by numbers, at the same time calling me delusional.

Meanwhile, I have 0 problems with running Lab (a slight problems with Uber when it comes to casters, but these are only a minor complaints), and I'm not playing any of the builds you are mentioning. Even more so - I'm INTENTIONALLY playing builds based on bad skills, bad/underrated mechanics or bad/underrated uniques.
Lets get real here - I'm playing a MemeHammer character now, which is using God-damn-this-is-a-buff GLACIAL HAMMER. I had ZERO problems with Lab. Why?
Because this game NEEDS SKILL. A SKILL YOU LACK. And instead of realizing it and correcting your mistakes, you insist that everyone around you are idiots, while you are the only one who is right, because this game is only about numbers.
Lets not even get deep into you clamming that you are losing a lot of exp at lvl 70, while anyone here who has some experience in the game will tell that exp loss at lvl 70 is NOTHING. You can LITERALLY level up in 10-20 minutes at level 70. Not 10%, a frikin 100%. Meaning you 10% of exp is 2 minutes of leveling. If you don't trust me on that, I'll record you a video, in which I will level up in 20 minutes, using GLACIAL HAMMER.

The day you stop being so fucking stubborn and angry at everything and everyone, you will be enjoying the game way more, and also you will learn much faster.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
frenrihr wrote:

You, again, keep on claiming that this game requires no skill and it is only cheesed by numbers, at the same time calling me delusional.

Meanwhile, I have 0 problems with running Lab (a slight problems with Uber when it comes to casters, but these are only a minor complaints), and I'm not playing any of the builds you are mentioning. Even more so - I'm INTENTIONALLY playing builds based on bad skills, bad/underrated mechanics or bad/underrated uniques.
Lets get real here - I'm playing a MemeHammer character now, which is using God-damn-this-is-a-buff GLACIAL HAMMER. I had ZERO problems with Lab. Why?
Because this game NEEDS SKILL. A SKILL YOU LACK. And instead of realizing it and correcting your mistakes, you insist that everyone around you are idiots, while you are the only one who is right, because this game is only about numbers.
Lets not even get deep into you clamming that you are losing a lot of exp at lvl 70, while anyone here who has some experience in the game will tell that exp loss at lvl 70 is NOTHING. You can LITERALLY level up in 10-20 minutes at level 70. Not 10%, a frikin 100%. Meaning you 10% of exp is 2 minutes of leveling. If you don't trust me on that, I'll record you a video, in which I will level up in 20 minutes, using GLACIAL HAMMER.

The day you stop being so fucking stubborn and angry at everything and everyone, you will be enjoying the game way more, and also you will learn much faster.

[Removed by Support] i couldnt careless about how good you think you are at a videogame that requieres 0 skill whatsoever and i have better things to care about, i play videogames to have fun not to make them my job or as a way to justify the air i breath because thats all i do with my life being "good" at videogames which is beyond pathetic.
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Sep 22, 2016, 2:32:48 PM
If game requires 0 skill, why do you complain and have opened this thread for?

When everything else fails, op goes for ad hominem insults. Man, what a contradiction to yourself.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info