Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

Is just STUPID, seriously i just lost a lot of fucking exp dying to shitty traps in your ubber trials, is just a LOAD OF CRAP, im not having fun with this game now to be honest i may just quit because i just cant stand losing progression like a bitch to stupid crap that should not be in the game in the first place.

Fuck your trials , fuck your lab, and fuck your penalty on death, also fuck your unresponsive game, trying to fucking flame dash and my character just stares like fucking idiot doing nothing while she is being raped by lava.
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2016, 12:49:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Gonna play devil's advocate here - If they completely removed the any kind of death penalty in standard only, lolstandardladder, it would be horrendously mocked in the forums but I guarantee 90% of standard players would prefer no penalty at all.

Leave standard temp leagues with their penalty where the ladder actually matters and let standard players have their carebear league where they can take their shitty snowflake builds as far as they want.
it was halved...i vote bring it back to it's old value.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Players asking for a harsher death penalty on standard: no characters above level 90, no hardcore characters. Seems legit.

Combined with the ramped up XP gain penalty at levels 95+, it has become a really unenjoyable experience mapping at those high levels.

Losing 10% becomes very significant, you lose over a full day of playtime when you die.

You have to play in a constant state of tension/awareness and it's so fatiguing because the majority of the content is just not difficult / engaging. It's a game designed to be played while watching TV with occasional RNG-based difficulty spikes that make you pay attention sometimes. Paying attention sometimes doesn't mesh with such a severe penalty.

The market for players who want a 10+ hour death penalty, but who don't want to play hardcore, is miniscule. The current design for high level players on standard makes no business sense.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 18, 2016, 7:18:07 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
You have to play in a constant state of tension/awareness and it's so fatiguing because the majority of the content is just not difficult / engaging. It's a game designed to be played while watching TV with occasional RNG-based difficulty spikes that make you pay attention sometimes. Paying attention sometimes doesn't mesh with such a severe penalty.

Going to agree 100% with this. It's the fact that it's not consistently demanding attention that makes it such a bear. Clearing the map is a snoozefest, then the boss (usually) is a wake-up call. That or running into certain rare or bloodline mobs, which are even worse since you don't expect them and, depending on your build, may not even see them coming.
Exp penalty on death, exp nerf,crazy moster damage output ,you died you grind exp over and over again all this a part GGG plan to keep players play this game longer as possible be sure for that.
P.S I think EXP penalty will never be reduce.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Sep 18, 2016, 9:54:31 PM
Yes, every death when mapping that you can't see what one-shot off-screen creature did that, any on-screen creature that crits and kills you, and even most frustrating/infuriating is when we try to kite out of harms way and the server/client lag is such that what we see on our screen is behind what the server side simulation has calculated and already decided our exile is dead so no twitch reaction move command is fast enough, all this and more unavoidable ways our exile dies is why so many hate PoE and have quit.

If GGG had a much smoother much lower latency server/client game engine such that our input is processed by the server closer to real time and the client displayed the results faster so that we can make time critical decisions to avoid dying then the 10% exp. penalty for death would be totally fair and logical. But PoE has never ever had anything close to that kind of smooth play and as such GGG should openly acknowledge that we are severely handicapped with their custom game engine and therfore should be making more allowances for deaths by reducing the exp penalty to 5.0%.

I do understand why PoE is as poor today as it is and most reading this do to so no rehashing of why GGG rolled their own game engine over using a commercial game engine such as Unreal is necessary. I don't underestimate the coding difficulty that the devs face in a world of players and the myriad of Internet connections and millions of computer hardware combinations and versions of Windows that PoE is run on. That being said, devs of countless other RPGs and MMORPGs have overcome these problems and their games run butter smooth with very little lag so it is not an insurmountable coding problem.

So the fact that GGG can't code their way out of this problem and the PoE QoP is relatively poor means that GGG should lower the exp penalty for dieing. They love to nerf exp earned for playing so now it's time to nerf exp lost for dieing.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 18, 2016, 9:18:51 PM
I agree, there should be no exp loss on death. Just character loss instead.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

That's what HC is for. (As far as HC is concerned death = a lost character and you have to start over.)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Trying and failing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info