Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

"
frenrihr wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
If game requires 0 skill, why do you complain and have opened this thread for?

When everything else fails, op goes for ad hominem insults. Man, what a contradiction to yourself.

Cant you read?, or are you this "special" always?, i clearly said that its ANNOYING to lose experience on death, losing time like that is stupid specially when you start to get little experience and the enemies start to become harder to kill, its unbalanced.

The enemies are capped at balance made for level 90 characters as so. You can increase the difficulty of them with map mods, but in general a level 90 character should have no issues with most encounters.

If its annoying, then don't die. Don't make stupid mistakes, learn from them, plan your build out so you have enough life or es for the content you are doing.

You are complaining about something you really have no experience with, perhaps its because you lost it all by dying so much.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

You are complaining about something you really have no experience with, perhaps its because you lost it all by dying so much.

Well, his account does not even have the achievment for reaching level 80 in softcore so ...
And it's a 2013 account
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 22, 2016, 11:30:21 PM
"
EdenRage wrote:
@perq - looking at your profile i would guess you are a completionist yourself. and yet you have ZERO char at 100. and yet you defend the system as ' just fine'. ah.. let me guess you simply can't do it too

Yeah, was never into grinding it up to 100. Could probably do it, but I'd rather spend my time trying other builds. And given how many ideas breed in my head, I couldn't stand spending so much time on one character. :)
That does not mean I will call it invalid way of playing, deny someone's else attempt (or achievement) or try to change the system so that it caters to me. Because I do what I want, and let others do what they want.

You know - live and let live.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
On the one hand. One of the biggest things that made D3 feel so pointless. Was the 'monsters don't heal out of combat/reduced repair cost on gear' patch.

My 'gold find' char in that game, makes over 1,000,000,000 a hour. For around 20,000 repair.

ya die, ya click get up. Ya don't even have to watch the screen 99% of the time.

I really don't want to see that happen here!

FlipSide. I live in Rural Austrlia. I can't play hardcore, and I get 'mad bro' at 'bad net' deaths in softcore. People say I'm grumpy for days/weeks after.

Give me a 'good' death, where I pushed it too far, and got hammered. I love it, ROFL for days!

Last patch, lockbox's can finally be pressed UNID without 'stutter/desync' teleporting back N falling over dead randomly a few seconds later. - Good step. Would shout GGG beers for it!

I don't like, that the game is 'balanced around'. Teleport out/Alt+F4.
Too me, that feels like a 'dirty/cheap/exploitive/lame' 'skill' one's suppose to use to play well.

Why have a game soo focused around 'good flask usage', only to have 'tele-refill on boss's make it 'mash ya buttons'. Shit I know quite a few that have a macro that mash's all there flasks together...

With the exp stacking from 90+. The death penitaly feels pretty bad 95+
The added 'atlas' cost of vaals for 11+ maps. (Plus extra on map device etc)

It's kinda 'unfun' to 'bother' with 100. It's like, that 1 death, I coulda rolled another char to 90 and have it decked out in gear to do T10's no sweat for that cost. Let alone time.

But then... what dose 93-100 matter. What 'do you do' when you get ya char to 100? Demi-Gods gear and AFK in town?

I think, what I'd love to see more... is something else to 'progress'. Atlas is a nice step.
But... what about a 'grind gear' system. Tallent tree's and some jewel type things to swap around how our gear works. OR something mindblowing and progression past 100/something else to do & tailor roll ya char how you want it even more!

Oh shit, also SOO much a 'you were killed by, [Monster] [Damage Type]' So you could atleast learn from ya deaths, without needing to record it, and analize it, and share it with others to work out what the freak that was!

TLDR: It's not really 'the' issue. It's compounded by other things that'd make the game wayy more fun if they fixed/addressed.
Overall, I think it'd make the game SOO boring if no-cost for death. So some cost, even if not 'fully happy' with current one.
Last edited by Bweaty on Sep 23, 2016, 12:11:08 PM
"
Bweaty wrote:
I don't like, that the game is 'balanced around'. Teleport out/Alt+F4.

y exactly giving so stupid option option to escape, but punish this one who want fight honest way
they should make penalty 1% instead of 10%, 10% is too much !!!
"
lipica wrote:

1% is nothing, its completely pointless and won't achieve anything 10% is far easier then the previous 15% it was set to.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
lipica wrote:

1% is nothing, its completely pointless and won't achieve anything 10% is far easier then the previous 15% it was set to.

None of these values are good. The penalty needs to be reworked from scratch. But D2 nostalgia makes it implausible that GGG ever does work on it again.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
lipica wrote:

None of these values are good. The penalty needs to be reworked from scratch. But D2 nostalgia makes it implausible that GGG ever does work on it again.

Lol its actually fine, what isn't is perhaps 1 hit non telegraphed kills and stuff like that, but you don't adjust the penalty because of those circumstances.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info