BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

@ThatsSoGoodMan, I think this difference is not a bug. Blade Vortex description specifically states "hit", whereas the other skills do not. The skill is certainly OP and will get nerfed soon or late (unless GGG loves it too much) but it works as intended.

I think it was not nerfed before breach because of breach (I suppose GGG wanted some skills to be able to deal with breaches efficiently).

@Kinzie, thanks for you detailled answer.

Eleziel took skittering runes too (version 92 of his tree), but I agree that light of divinity seems a bit subpar (3 points to get 25% spell damge when you can get more in two points and a jewel). I don't suppose the light radius is what motivated Eleziel (maybe he did not have good jewels).

Your idea of Doedre's elixir is very interesting (and it reminds me of my wormblaster character, sob), I might give it a try (though Atziri's promise is very good too).

I don't have the Kaom's heart yet, but I geared without taking into account my carcass Jack and boy was it hard to itemize properly with devoto's devotion (nos res...) and bloodgrip.

Right now I do not use Gluttony yet, as bosses melt, but I have not tackled yet higher tiers. The boost to DPS with righteous fire + atziri's promise is really impressive.

Ok for Abyssal Cry. I really don't know why it would work better, but I already do not understand why the double obliteration works : sometimes monsters do not trigger the explosion (fair enough, as it is a 40% chance) and if I stack a bit more blades, then suddenly the 10 next packs of monsters will all trigger it. No logic in that as far as I'm concerned, but it works (and I'm happy it does). So I'll give a try to abyssal cry too (though I don't like having to use too many skills, not good at that).

What I do not get is why obliterations are not more expansive. The build is very good. No streamer showcased it I suppose....
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
@ThatsSoGoodMan, I think this difference is not a bug. Blade Vortex description specifically states "hit", whereas the other skills do not. The skill is certainly OP and will get nerfed soon or late (unless GGG loves it too much) but it works as intended.

I think it was not nerfed before breach because of breach (I suppose GGG wanted some skills to be able to deal with breaches efficiently).
It has to be a bug. The rework of blade vortex already gave it 22.5% more damage at max stages, a substantial buff. Adding on a 600% More multiplier for DoT makes zero sense, and is inconsistent with all other skills whose damage ramps up in stages (Flameblast, Incinerate, Fire Nova Mine, Blade Flurry, Earthquake). Flameblast specifies "110% spell damage", but the rest do not, and don't double-dip regardless (unless they secretly do, I guess I haven't tested them personally). Max-stack BV even gets a 7x multiplier for Decay, the equivalent of an extra six links of support gems. Enjoy it while you can.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Build looks pretty interesting, but am I right in assuming that eventually insta death potential of your character becomes very high?
As all life based characters, yes, insta death seems likely soon or later. Not that I care as I don't play in HC (always die before 70 through mistake or fumble and I simply hate levelling again and again characters), but you'd better play a CI version (apparently, the Necromancer version inspired by this one is very strong) if going HC.
ThatsSoGoodman is right, BV double dipping in the manner he is talking about has been confirmed a bug by a dev, and will be taken care of soon.

Source if needed: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800735/page/2#p14013050
Last edited by Curtsie on Dec 21, 2016, 8:13:49 AM
I wonder how much of an effect this will have on this build as a whole though. The build should still be strong and cheap, but maybe just not "as broken". One can hope.
"
runnin17 wrote:
I wonder how much of an effect this will have on this build as a whole though. The build should still be strong and cheap, but maybe just not "as broken". One can hope.

Maps in general are going to be the same I would imagine, stuff dies before poison got to stack anyway.

You're really going to notice on tanky bosses where you would essentially go in at 20 stacks and hope it dies before you do.

No matter how you look at it, the poison aspect is going to lose a lot of damage.
Ouch.

Just leveled this up, hit 70, bought all my gear and BAM. NERFED.

Sad day.
Don't be too sad. I've been clearing t16's since the nerf only using a 5link cospri, and I'm still missing Aspect of Carnage (yet to do uber lab).
"
Blade Vortex's "More Damage per Blade" modifier has been changed to apply only to spell damage instead of all damage types. This will remove a double-dipping effect that should not have been occurring.

I have:
40% more damage from Berserker
39% more damage from controlled destruction (?)
like 45% more damage from Concentrated Effect

Before Nerf:
20 Stacks are just 600% more dmg to Poison
16 is Poison

16*6*1.4*1.39*1.45 = 270%

After Nerf:

16*1.4*1.39*1.45 ~ 45%

=(((((

So its like 85% less Poison Damage.

E: Did just my first Map. Minotaurus t16 map. Meh, didnt feel that worse. You run arround with 10 Stacks anyway, Stuff dies quickly before Poison starts to work. Minotaurus took longer to kill, but it was ok.

But you FEAL the nerf. But its not gamechanging.

If I put Bladefall in my Setup, i see how bad other skills are compared to bladevortex. Even after "nerf"

EE: Yep, you feal it. Just fought vs Kaom on t15. He still died in 5-6 seconds, but before you needed 4 or so. (with Righteous Fire). You see, big enemys have a lot of hp. So they survive you some seconds.

Before Nerf:
You run in with 20 Stacks, and after 2 Seconds you see there life bar drops a lot faster because your stacked Poison worked and were a lot stronger.

Now you Poison doenst rape that hard anymore
Last edited by KinZie on Dec 22, 2016, 9:04:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info