BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

"
Mispleled wrote:
"
Farming Breaches goes really well with Cloaked in Savagery, Vaal Pact and Obliteration.
If the bosses wont start melting merging them with a bigger group and exploding that pack is a solid solution.
I wonder how 20/20 BV works out and if Shaper or Atziri are viaable for this build.

I did Atziri at lvl 80 with this build... Was a easy fight for all stages. I did record it if you want to see it.

that would be awesome. Some video footage would be good material for a new thread that will be taken care of.
Also the phase run idea sounds neat. Id love to see more of that.
This build (I use the variation with cospris will, 6k health) is really good

126/126 on the atlas, uber atziri and shaper down, it's a bit of a glass cannon, but if you are ok with that, and ejoy living on a constant edge, charging into things to stay alive (leech) it's highly recommended, super cheap to get started, and scales well, ~5ex will clear everything, 15ex will do it comfortably (11ex for 6l cospris, 3-4ex for "ok" rares and gems)

guardians with too much added damage is bothersome, phys reflect you can use ptl and the frost gloves and that works fine (but really, just reroll the map if you can)

thanks and thumbs up!
Last edited by drdukk on Dec 13, 2016, 7:11:26 AM
I play this build in Breach right now - iam level 86

This is my gear:

I love this build. It's Cheap as fuck.

Obliteration x 2: 2 Alc + 8 Fuse, some Jewels and ~30 chroms in life time of ur build
Body Armour: I use Kaom's cause i dont need a 5l or 6l, you can use a cheap Body Armour and it still works. This is what I used most of the time before Kaom Dropped

2c on poe Trade, no sockets or fuse cause i didnt needed it

Helm and Boots was some Chaos, together 6c
Gloves are cheap as fuck, 1 alc but I needed like 80 Chroms for the colors. I use it as cheap 5l

Belt was like 4c, one ring was 2c and other 25c, but only cause i dropped my other body armour for kaoms, so i needed that resists. Also I needed resists for Blood of Corruption.

Summary:
Build is cheap as fuck, I love it. You only need Kaom's for Guardians and Shapper.

I calculated a bit: My build is arround like 115 Chaos + 2,3 Ex for Kaoms, lets say 5ex for EVERYTHINK (Fusions, Chroms, Jewels, Chaos to buy the items / quality gems)
Big Parts of the cost are the Kaoms, the Chrome Cost for gloves, Quality Gems, the Blood of Corruption and the 25c ring to match the resists.. if u skip that you can have that with ~20 c.

With 5 Ex for all I rape the content GGG throws at me, very n1 build.

Important:
You need Quality on your Curses and Curse Effect nodes.

My Gameplay

I Love Abyssal Cry. It makes the build a lot faster.
You will charge to 10 Blades, then run Arround, Cry to a pack, Pack Explodes, next, Vaal Pact is nearby constant up.
T15 + 75% increased Life or 45% increased Physical dmg reduction are no problem

I would only chaos hexproof (mapmod)

Maps are easy peasy in clearspeed and you have zero problems for survival cause ur dual curses are op.
Strongboxes are cleared in 0,0001 sec

And Boss?
This build is a fucking boss rapist
Charge to 20 Blades, run to Boss, put Gluttony of Elements an - BOOM - 11,4 sec of immortality to elemental dmg, put righteous fire on and watch most bosses get killed in a few seconds.

The only Boss I had problems was Lair Boss (Big bad wolf), he killed me 3 times, but that was cause I tried to tank the wolves^^

Use Abysaal Cry!!!

This build is so much fun

PS: Build sucks for Party =(

"
- Why aren't we taking any frenzy charges ?
- For defenses should I go all evasion or armour or maybe both ?

Why do u need Frenzy Charges? Dmg is good enough. Of course you can run Blood Rage but the degen is very nasty. If you want, you could use Abyssal Cry - Curse on Hit - Poachers Mark (didnt try, but a guy told me it works... curses on explosions). But.. for 12% more dmg, just not worth it

I dont have any good armour or evasion. Your best defence is enfeeble temp chain vaal pact high life leech. Use what socked u need. But Evasion is better because enfeeble reduce accuracy (lategame, easy 75%) so Mobs dont hit for ~30%.
I dont have any armour or evasion nodes
Last edited by KinZie on Dec 13, 2016, 7:16:03 PM
Using tabula while leveling, iron will is more damage currently than void manipulation in 6link. Has anyone tested this at max level?
"
KinZie wrote:

Summary:
Build is cheap as fuck, I love it. You only need Kaom's for Guardians and Shapper.

I calculated a bit: My build is arround like 115 Chaos + 2,3 Ex for Kaoms, lets say 5ex for EVERYTHINK (Fusions, Chroms, Jewels, Chaos to buy the items / quality gems)
Big Parts of the cost are the Kaoms, the Chrome Cost for gloves, Quality Gems, the Blood of Corruption and the 25c ring to match the resists.. if u skip that you can have that with ~20 c.

With 5 Ex for all I rape the content GGG throws at me, very n1 build.

Important:
You need Quality on your Curses and Curse Effect nodes.

Thank you very much for sharing. Would you mind telling us, if you changed anything on the skilltree and what flasks you are using.
Hi, currently trying this build, after a huge failure with a blade flurry shadow (urgh, I hate shadows and CI : what can you do when you don't have the currency to buy needed ES items ? Die, die and die again....).

This build is so good for breaches it hurts.

Kinzie, I'd like to know too if you changed the tree or not to suit your gamestyle. And I'm definitely gonna try the Righteous fire + glutonnny of elements combo.

However I have a question : what is the use of abyssal cry in your build ? Isn't Obliteration doing the same job ? I've never trid this skill, I don't get it.

And you don't use a move skill ?
You really don't need a move skill to get around. With 30% boots, devotos, Vaal Haste and a quicksilver you re running at roughly 140%. That's fast enough for me.

If you re in trouble, 3 times flame dash is your friend.

Im curious how your builds look like and how much +chaos and +damage you ve got.

With the 40% dmg from uber izaro im thinking about going for way more life nodes. Because once you ve got that magical point in damage when one explosion kills the pack and 75% of the packbosses life becomes a nice buffer to skill.

I wonder how much the +area goes onto the obliteration range. Anyone got any information on that?
Yes but Kinzie doesn't use devoto's (though I guess vaal haste is enough).

I do agree on the fact that life seems to be more important than damage after a while (especially since I bought a devoto with 40% increased blade vortex damage). I'm currently looking only for nodes with life or jewels (I took anatomical knowledge and put it near Alchemist to get 150 life or so). I currently have 4k life and 400 ES.

Area and obliteration : seems to me that as I bought area nodes (and Caracass Jack), the explosion went further, now off screen sometimes. It's not scientifically based, but I'd swear it expanded.

Very satisfied all in all with my level 77 character (I've been lazy and not bought yet somes gems, like Vaal haste).

Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Dec 15, 2016, 6:36:53 PM
"
Thank you very much for sharing. Would you mind telling us, if you changed anything on the skilltree and what flasks you are using.

I didnt change much. The posted skill tree is pretty good.
This is my Skilltree, iam level 89.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswj0DR8PqxEvFCAWvxbpGGoc3B2-IZAi9CQ3JIsmlSj6Kjgy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8BTwoPV89_D8nQYdFR0WdSshMs03jUEJQR1JTUzVTUlVLVcZYB1hjWW1fP1-YX9Bh4mKsakNqjGwLbIxtGW6qbzt1_XgNeC95aHzlgseD24RvhMWMNozPjxqPRpMnl5WX9JhXmuCboZu1nL6dqp_fogCi2aZXpwipbqyYsNi1SLXytz64k78IwBrAVMBmwQTDOsbYyBTPMtRC2L3qEOtj6-7vDu988B_yRfVv9kj31_hf-ej-Cv6P

Main difference: I picked Skittering (curse effect nodes) near life wheel for 20% increased curse effect and I didnt pick Lightning Divinty (or so, this Spell dmg nodes left on Templer AoE nodes)

My Flasks arent that good. HP Flasks vs Bleed, Silver Flask (wich i never use) Doedre Flask (wich I never use, too xD but in theory: U use it for Salvage Hit to get 100% life leech) and that Ruby Flask to stop Righteous Fire.

Most Important: The ___Mana Flask:___ and HP Flask.

You need a Manaflask. You dont have that much Mana or Manaregen.

I have Manaflask on Position 2 and I use "move the character" with Q (iam lazy) and Blade Furry on W. So, whenever no Monsters are arround for mana leech and I need to Charge the blades I do 2 (Manaflask) and the button W is under 2.

Yes, you need a Manaflask. But thats not really a problem. You get used to it. Flask charges are no problem, too. Bosses dont live long enough + mana leech.

"
Kinzie, I'd like to know too if you changed the tree or not to suit your gamestyle. And I'm definitely gonna try the Righteous fire + glutonnny of elements combo

Like I said, skilltree is mostly the same.
Remeber: Blood of Corruption (the item for Glutonny) sucks, hard (the stats). Your other Items needs to have high hp and resistance. If you use Kaoms Heart, it gets more a problem (= a bit expensiv for gearing)

If you use glutony, your Vaal haste needs longer to charge up. Often, I use Gluttony only vs Boss/Bosses. But I like to use Glutony vs Unid Strongboxes (like Div. Card Boxes for increased rarity and quantity). I also use Gluttony vs Essence Monsters if I have again this crazy Vaaled Elemental Weakness - Increased dmg mods.

Vs. Bosses its very, very great. You can easy defeat most of the bosses with gluttony. BV kills the bosses in seconds.
Most of the time, I forget to use Righteous fire because the boss dies already fast. I use it only if I see the Boss needs a bit longer to die (like enfeeble + increased life or physical resistence map mods)

But its not immortality.
Bosses you will struggle
Physical bosses can kill you. Uber Izaro or that Dried Lake Boss Guy on t14 can One Shot you if you are unlucky with map mods. The Touch of God rapist will One Shot you too if you dont avoid. I thought I could face tank but he killed me with his touch. You need at last +7500 hp and gluttony on to survive the touch of rapist.

I also hate Bosses if they are more then 2. But thats just annoying, not very dangerous.

Bosses with more then 1 Phase are.. I hate them. But they arent many.

1) Wolf Boss (Dark Woods): Hate this Motherfucker. But thats because I dont understand how to fight him. Your Gluttony dont work vs Laser Wolfs. But if he shoots the Laserwolfs you can just charge up ur Swords and if he finished he takes a shitload of dmg. But you cant just kill him in 4-5 sec because his laser and his wolf form.

2) Piety was no problem. She transforms into Iceform and I can still facetank her. But she does a lot of dmg. Dont run away, tank her. You will outleech her.

3) Daresso: I didnt fight him, but shouldnt be a problem
4) Izaro: You can easy outleech him. But the hits hurts - a lot. And then he is at 2/3 HP and you cant leech but he does still dmg. Pay Attention
5) Core Map Boss: Couldnt defeat him yet. There where Elemental Weakness or -X% resistance Vaal Mods. He does a shitload of dmg. You leech = you survive. But then you take in 3 sec 50% of his life and Piety crys "kill me" and you wont leech. After Piety is dead, you need to kill his 3 hearts... very very annoying. Because your dmg would kill him in ~5-8 sec or so.

While Gluttony is very strong, it makes you not immortal. Remeber that.

"
However I have a question : what is the use of abyssal cry in your build ? Isn't Obliteration doing the same job ? I've never trid this skill, I don't get it.

Explosions do 25% of max hp. You can scale it to 100%. Very n1, but thats still only a chance of 36% with 2 Obliteration.
Early, you dont have 100%. I used then Abysal Cry. It was very n1.

Right now - large packs dies only with Obliterations. But you dont always face large packs. Maybe there are 4-5 of this shitty snakes. Or that jumping goat motherfuckers who spread out. Your Obliterations wont proc. Then you have to run to them to kill them seperatly - or just use abysaal cry. Give it a try - I love it. In theory you dont need it. In praxis it makes life a lot better.

Cant really explain because my english isnt that good.

Dont forget: the explosions stack (so you can have 2 times of that Obliteration explosion and Abysal Cry)

Do you remember that angry Bird motherfuckers? They explode on death and shoot some spikes. If the Angry Bird explodes with Obliteration, it dont do that spike explosion after death.
If you have a pack of 10 of those cunts, you have 2-3 Obliteration Explosions. The 7 do spike damage. And it Hurts A LOT. If you use Abysal cry they will explode all and dont do these spike shit.

"
This build is so good for breaches it hurts.

Oh YEAH ... :))

Spoiler
And you don't use a move skill ?

I have this on weapon switch:

But I dont use them much. I thought I will use it vs bosses with fortify but.. no, iam lazy haha

"
Im curious how your builds look like and how much +chaos and +damage you ve got.

Dont worry about damage :)

Area damage: 50%
Chaos damage: 76%
Fire golem dude: 19%
Area damage from my Jewels: 34% or so
Berserker is 40% more damage.

Obliteration explosion:
(25+25*(0.5+0.76+0.19+0.34))*1.4 = 97,65%
I dont have reached the 100% yet. But I could easy reach it if use Jewels wich are 1 Exalt worth (right now mine are 2-5 chaos). Or I could take a bit Chaos damage nodes. But dmg isnt really a problem. Packs dies anyway.

You need 186% increased damage to the explosion to reach the magical 100% dmg of Life as chaos dmg.
Last edited by KinZie on Dec 15, 2016, 6:52:09 PM
For everyone reading this, just so you know, Blade Vortex's "30% More damage per stack" bonus double-dips. That's unlike FNM, EQ, Incinerate, Flameblast, and Blade Flurry, it's the only skill in the game with a double-dipping 'stack' bonus afaik.

So... at 20 stacks, Blade Vortex poisons, burns, and Decays get a "600% More damage" multiplier. Abuse it while you can, it's sure to get hotfixed soon!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info