[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
mhaar345 wrote:
looking for this as a starter to b(l)each. Now, not sure how much the BV change impacts the EO trigger. Or should I go with orb of storms, add cold, coh, flam combo and get both EE and curse at once?

yea it might need to be reworked a bit. will have to test and see if it can proc EO enough.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
DeMi (or anyone, really), have you tried any spells other than Molten Shell in Doon with CWDT?

It just seems like having a fire spell in there runs counter to the Elemental Equilibrium setup in this build.

Does Essence Drain work with CWDT? Big Chaos DoT and a nice regen would be nice for bosses.
it seems both of these items may be fun for us (if having enough regen)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph'ethakk's_Heart
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph'ethula's_Heart

edit: the upgraded one has avatar of fire to kill the EE, dammit.
Last edited by mhaar345 on Nov 30, 2016, 4:43:05 PM
"
Parja1 wrote:
DeMi (or anyone, really), have you tried any spells other than Molten Shell in Doon with CWDT?

It just seems like having a fire spell in there runs counter to the Elemental Equilibrium setup in this build.

Does Essence Drain work with CWDT? Big Chaos DoT and a nice regen would be nice for bosses.

Well considering molten shell only hits once every like 5 seconds, and we cyclone constantly to reapply EE/curse, it doesn't hurt us. Just gives a huge amount of burst fire damage and leech.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
Well considering molten shell only hits once every like 5 seconds, and we cyclone constantly to reapply EE/curse, it doesn't hurt us. Just gives a huge amount of burst fire damage and leech.

According to the wiki for EE, it says, "Multiple EE strikes will overwrite each other. The effect lasts 5 seconds or until being overwritten."

The baddies would only have the bonus to fire resistance until the next Cyclone/BV hit, so barely a blip on the radar. And the Molten Shell hit would benefit from the reduced fire resistance. So long story short, definitely stay the course with Molten Shell.

Thanks for the clarification.
"
"
mhaar345 wrote:
looking for this as a starter to b(l)each. Now, not sure how much the BV change impacts the EO trigger. Or should I go with orb of storms, add cold, coh, flam combo and get both EE and curse at once?

yea it might need to be reworked a bit. will have to test and see if it can proc EO enough.

I assume leveling will be the same, but will we have that said "little rework" early this league? I am using this build as a starter for bleach :D
"
iNfi_ wrote:
I assume leveling will be the same, but will we have that said "little rework" early this league? I am using this build as a starter for bleach :D

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of using up two gem slots for CWDT - BV in Essence, so I just put an Increased Critical on my Cyclone and used that to proc EO, EE, Fortify, and CoH - Flammability.

With the increased range of melee in Breach, it looks like that should work even better.

So my (revised) plan for gem links is...
5L (GRBBB):
Cyclone - Fortify - Increased Critical - Curse on Hit - Flammability

4L (BBBB):
Righteous Fire - Increased AoE - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect

4S,2L (RB/R/R):
Spell Totem - Scoirching Ray / Vitality / Purity of Fire

4L (RRBB):
CWDT (10) - Immortal Call (12) - Chaos Golem (12) - Shock Nova (13)

3L - shield (RGG):
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike

3L - Doon (RRR):
CWDT - Molten Shell - Life Leech

Additionally, I think later game I'll head to Iron Reflexes in the passive tree and run Grace instead of Vitality for the crazy AR boost. The only issue is the high dex Grace requires.
Last edited by Parja1 on Dec 2, 2016, 4:03:24 PM
"
Parja1 wrote:
"
iNfi_ wrote:

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of using up two gem slots for CWDT - BV in Essence, so I just put an Increased Critical on my Cyclone and used that to proc EO, EE, Fortify, and CoH - Flammability.

With the increased range of melee in Breach, it looks like that should work even better.

did you try it on standard? might work fine even before the range as cyclone gives quite a bit of hits..
"
Parja1 wrote:
"
iNfi_ wrote:

So my plan for gem links is...
5L (GRBBB):
Cyclone - Fortify - Increased Critical - Curse on Hit - Flammability

4L (BBBB):
Righteous Fire - Increased AoE - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect

4L (RBBB):
Spell Totem - Scorching Ray - Cast while Channeling - Shock Nova
(The Debuff Totem Special...ASSuming that works how I think it should)

4S, 3L (RRB/R):
CWDT - Immortal Call - Chaos Golem / Vitality

3L - shield (RGG):
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike

3L - Doon (RRR):
CWDT - Molten Shell - Life Leech

Essence Worm (R):
Purity of Fire

/signed

I also dropped Lightning Warp and instead started using Shield Charge with linked with Faster Attacks, in the extra gem slot, i put a Vaal Cyclone . . .

Worked well!
"
mhaar345 wrote:
did you try it on standard? might work fine even before the range as cyclone gives quite a bit of hits..

That's what I ran in Essence and it worked quite well. As I said in my post, with the increase in melee range, there's no reason it shouldn't be even better (especially for proccing EE and curse).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info