[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

"
Deadlysin0721 wrote:
So I recently got a shav's while playing this build. So my question is does this build benefit from lowlife if so how? Also side note I dont have a +1 bow yet and could obviously afford to craft one with profits if I sold shavs. So what will give this character more damage/tankiness.

I am playing this build with low life + tri curse via

If you want damage: go low life. it's 30% more damage, +1 gems can't top that. If you want more ES aka more survivability stay CI, craft +1 and invest in better ES pieces.

It really depends what you want. With low life I was able to do everything (maps up to t16, guardians, uber atziri...) except shaper. I tried im once but I think my 8.6k ES just aren't enough.
Question about the decay mod on bow. If I kept my essence drain in the six link body armor and just got a cheap 5 link bow with decay mod would it still work ok. Obviously it wouldnt be as good as a six link bow with plus gems mode, but would it still work if the essence drain gems arent in the actual bow?
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Question about the decay mod on bow. If I kept my essence drain in the six link body armor and just got a cheap 5 link bow with decay mod would it still work ok. Obviously it wouldnt be as good as a six link bow with plus gems mode, but would it still work if the essence drain gems arent in the actual bow?

The only reason you'd put it in the bow is for the +1 gems. If the bow doesn't have that, it doesn't matter. Feel free to use a chest.
El Psy Congroo.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

The decay won't benefit from the support gems I think.
"
taengtummy wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

It will benefit from support gems, but only ones that would apply to it as well. So Void Manipulation, Rapid Decay, I think Controlled Destruction, etc. They all have to apply to the skill being used to apply Decay as well.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Oct 29, 2016, 9:30:36 PM
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
taengtummy wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

It will benefit from support gems, but only ones that would apply to it as well. So Void Manipulation, Rapid Decay, I think Controlled Destruction, etc. They all have to apply to the skill being used to apply Decay as well.

Eh i see thanks!
@stephenp1983

Hey.

If You dont have proper 6L bow, there is solution:

As You see, i'm not using pierce and the reason is below:

Ofcourse setup will work with any 6L chest in CI version, i'm just running as LL.

I tested damage with decay bow and this dualwield setup - it seems totally similar (56k dot in my case)

Bow version is abit more tanky, 2x sceptre - faster map clearing imho.

Gl.
"
Borehed wrote:
@stephenp1983

Hey.

If You dont have proper 6L bow, there is solution:

As You see, i'm not using pierce and the reason is below:

Ofcourse setup will work with any 6L chest in CI version, i'm just running as LL.

I tested damage with decay bow and this dualwield setup - it seems totally similar (56k dot in my case)

Bow version is abit more tanky, 2x sceptre - faster map clearing imho.

Gl.

Very nice sceptre. That's a really good Idea I might try it as well.
Im fairly new to ED mechanic and just recently try to build a character based on ED contagion.

My question is:
How good it is to just put pierce support gem into ED with no pierce chance from passive tree. With just 50% chance to pierce is it enough and QOL enough for mapping?
How is it make a difference if i didn't use pierce support gem at all, or if i take the notes to reach 100% pierce chance, is it worth the extra point in passive tree??
"
xslasherz wrote:
Im fairly new to ED mechanic and just recently try to build a character based on ED contagion.

My question is:
How good it is to just put pierce support gem into ED with no pierce chance from passive tree. With just 50% chance to pierce is it enough and QOL enough for mapping?
How is it make a difference if i didn't use pierce support gem at all, or if i take the notes to reach 100% pierce chance, is it worth the extra point in passive tree??

The pierce gem is primarily for the 19% More Projectile Damage and the 10% increased from quality. The actual piercing of it is quality of life.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info