[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

"
naderni wrote:
---

I don't mean to be rude-- I was curious why/how you're encountering dps issues with the character, I assume the build was on Elyssiah? If it wasn't sorry in advance! but at the moment, my level 54 that just entered merc difficulty has almost more % es and more total % damage passively. 6.6k tooltip dps with a level 13 ED and no quality anywhere.
weapon+links if curious:
Spoiler

I know an improved skill tree probably wont solve much, or any issues you have with the builds play style, but it might make it feel a bit nicer.

Spoiler
My final planned tree for level 92 www.poeurl.com/Yhn

I cant deny anything you've said after the inital paragraph, but there is one thing you're wrong about. There is no "cannot recharge ES" map mods. There is % less recovery, and no regeneration, the former does affect us, but the later does not unless you rely on zealots oath.
Last edited by djfang on Dec 30, 2016, 6:51:25 PM
"
djfang wrote:
"
naderni wrote:
---

I don't mean to be rude-- I was curious why/how you're encountering dps issues with the character, I assume the build was on Elyssiah? If it wasn't sorry in advance! but at the moment, my level 54 that just entered merc difficulty has almost more % es and more total % damage passively. 6.6k tooltip dps with a level 13 ED and no quality anywhere.
weapon+links if curious:
Spoiler

I know an improved skill tree probably wont solve much, or any issues you have with the builds play style, but it might make it feel a bit nicer.

Spoiler
My final planned tree for level 92 www.poeurl.com/Yhn

I cant deny anything you've said after the inital paragraph, but there is one thing you're wrong about. There is no "cannot recharge ES" map mods. There is % less recovery, and no regeneration, the former does affect us, but the later does not unless you rely on zealots oath.

It's all good man happy to hear some feedbacks.

I checked your planned tree it's exactly like mine....not sure what is different though.... Only thing is I take low life and you went CI.

I did not use a decay bow like I said though that might be a very big single target dps loss there. To be honest maybe my first build this league is too fast and efficient now killing single pack takes two cast thing just throw me off a bit. However that being said I did struggle with single target with only a +1 6L bow without decay. With my howa raider at lvl 70 I can easily do tier 5-6 map boss with only 600 int (very bad gear). Now with ED I had a 6l +1 weapon and a shav low life. At lvl70 when facing a tier 5 map boss I still need to cast 5-6 times and kite. It takes longer than 30 seconds to finish one off.I do not think it is a efficient build with this level of investment. It should be one shot otherwise the build just does not feel right to me. Some might say well HoWA is OP but well not really it is nothing comparing to poison whatever.

I hope you had better luck than me when moving onto maps with this build though. It should feel a lot better with that bow you have, a lvl20/20 ED only cost 4-5c as well. Please do share your experience I would like to hear again:)

Happy holidays.
I decided to run ED Occultist this league, and since I don't really play alts I have put all my currency and time into this character. I am almost level 96 and I have done all guardians/uber atziri/shaper/chayula, and my experience has been pretty positive. Even though I am LL, I still have about 10.4k ES, and the damage is really good.
hi,

didnt read all 37 pages.

Just wanted to ask :
if get INT everywhere is preferable or not
if head enchant is ED damage or duration
if we take the +1 curse from occultist, we can regret the +1 from tree right ?

i like ur build thx dude !
Last edited by Charlouf on Jan 13, 2017, 11:25:06 AM
Hit 40 challenges so I am done with the league. ED Occultist was a lot of fun, and I was able to kill all of the tough end-game bosses (Guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri/Chayula). Character is Nasty_Woman in profile if anyone wants to see how I built the character.

Here is a video of me doing Chayula https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJSJEHgC8U
Last edited by Kumbo on Jan 13, 2017, 5:54:41 PM
So I've run ED builds in the past; trying this one out. I disagree this build is HC viable - but solely due to breaches. The issue is the low HP during leveling (compared to other builds) and then the nature of ED often "missing" its hit (through stuns or hitting something on the ground instead of your target) when zerged. Leveling this up I have 4 deaths just by A2C (note my normal deaths to L70-80 is 0-1) and all of them are from zerg breaches. Granted it's not a big deal, just sayin - this build is not designed to survive zerg breaches prior to getting good gear to get your CI nice and high. Even with Temp Chains, etc. it's so squishy just missing 1-2 ED hits in a zerg breach can mean insta-death. I think the biggest issue is stuns. You'll completely miss your ED cast with just one good whack.

BTW great guide - very few ED guides that provide the exact steps to transition from normal to CI/LL.

All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Feb 12, 2017, 12:49:05 PM
Hi,

Would a abyssal cry setup be better for map clearing than the Vortex 5 link? Seems a bit low in the videos.
Or is this even a good league starter build?
ED is always a good league starter. The biggest issue with ED is stun/interrupt. With Breach, it's a much bigger problem than usual, so next league ED won't die as often since Breach won't be a common component.
All that and a bag of chips!
Out of curiosity, would dark scorn and tornado shot be a good combo with this since tornado shot covers a huge area while scorn with Trump 25% of phys dmg into chose?
Woops, i posted in wrong thread!
Last edited by mwmorais on Apr 17, 2017, 1:51:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info