[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

When did ZO start working with the essence drain regen? I thought it was worded in a way in which it wouldn't work with es. maybe I'm wrong pls let me know.
"
VxLoki wrote:
When did ZO start working with the essence drain regen? I thought it was worded in a way in which it wouldn't work with es. maybe I'm wrong pls let me know.

It has for a while, but not forever. The build transitioned away from ZO anyways. Not really worth taking.
El Psy Congroo.
How do you deal with mana issues? I saw your build had about 110 unreserved mana. My ED alone costs 106 w/ 6l (using the empower setup)

I just can't see where I am going to get enough mana to run 2blas+disc for tri-cursing with the witchfire flask.
Linked Vortex costs a little more than half of ED - my vortex is 57 in a 5l. I oneshot whites and most blues with it, really only need to cast ED on bosses/minibosses. I usually only run into mana problems on -60% or more maps.
IGN books
"
Nottan wrote:
How do you deal with mana issues? I saw your build had about 110 unreserved mana. My ED alone costs 106 w/ 6l (using the empower setup)

I just can't see where I am going to get enough mana to run 2blas+disc for tri-cursing with the witchfire flask.

With dual curse and disc I have 142 mana unreserved. ED (6L with empower) is 95 mana and Vortex is 54 mana. 52.2 mana regen. Shouldn't have mana issues on normal maps. You use ED very very infrequently (only on final bosses). Vortex is relatively cheap and you only need to use it once to kill everything around you.

The only time it becomes an issue is on lower regen maps.
El Psy Congroo.
I may have missed this information somewhere, but is there a reliable way to calculate decay damage, right now my ed tooltip says 23.3k chaos damage per second, vortex says 3.3k cold damage per second. Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the past several pages I looked through.
I have a question about crafting the bow.

For step 3, what do you mean (Or get 1 open suffix and scour the prefixes)? How can scour the prefixes only?

For step 4,5 . Cannot roll attack mod from catarina, isn't there have a chance (50/50) to roll a +1 socketed "bow" gem as well?
"
xslasherz wrote:

For step 3, what do you mean (Or get 1 open suffix and scour the prefixes)? How can scour the prefixes only?

For step 4,5 . Cannot roll attack mod from catarina, isn't there have a chance (50/50) to roll a +1 socketed "bow" gem as well?

Step 3 - This is wrong information and I have deleted it on the OP, sorry for any confusion.

Step 4,5 - You can only roll non attack mods with the catarina mod on, therefore, the "bow" gems mod cannot roll since it is a attack mod. With 1 prefix open and the catarina mod on you will always 100% get +1 to socketed gems every time on a bow.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:
"
xslasherz wrote:

Step 3 - This is wrong information and I have deleted it on the OP, sorry for any confusion.

Step 4,5 - You can only roll non attack mods with the catarina mod on, therefore, the "bow" gems mod cannot roll since it is a attack mod. With 1 prefix open and the catarina mod on you will always 100% get +1 to socketed gems every time on a bow.

Dbum

Thanks for clarification! i always thought +1 bow gem is not an attack mod.
About the bow base, reflex bow is a very low level bow, the min requirement ilevel for the bow should be ilvl 50 for the +1 gem, am i right? or it is possible to drop on high level map, so far i have see none.

Edit: found reflex bow on high level map :D
Last edited by xslasherz on Nov 6, 2016, 7:11:24 AM
"
xslasherz wrote:
"
dbum wrote:
"
xslasherz wrote:

Dbum

Thanks for clarification! i always thought +1 bow gem is not an attack mod.
About the bow base, reflex bow is a very low level bow, the min requirement ilevel for the bow should be ilvl 50 for the +1 gem, am i right? or it is possible to drop on high level map, so far i have see none.

Edit: found reflex bow on high level map :D

Typically your loot filter you use is blocking out the reflex bows at high levels. I altered mine to see them, so they do drop pretty regularly.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info