[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
Hi could anybody please critique my build and setup and give advice as to what I should change and where I should be going/focusing my currency right now? I am having trouble with safely clearing even tier 5/6 maps and I know I shouldnt be.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InkFathomInfiltrator/characters

Thanks anyone who helps

Jewels? -- most important : Energy From Within. Put it at Melding circle

why didnt you go for the 4% spell damage/power charge? the one near the top.

Since you don't have a physical conversion vinktars, why not use Physical to Lightning Gem?

Spell Echo instead of Faster Casting?

quality your flasks for more duration?

get higher rolled accessories to cap out resists so you can use eye of chayula/valyrium to deal with stuns, maybe. (not sure if required.)

also recommend u switch to nature's boon -> master alche (i find it better)

Last edited by zyidzen on Sep 25, 2016, 8:45:33 AM
Hey there, thanks for the amazing guide.

I'm just wondering one thing, around 77 right now and still having issues sustaining my main BV setup while not casting in the middle of a pack. What's the final verdict on the argument between faster casting/spell echo on BV? I realize you lose a lot of damage with spell echo but that feels like the only way to keep it going consistently between packs and not get surprised when you are without leech from a few stacks of your main BV.
"
Sevaxa wrote:
Hey there, thanks for the amazing guide.

I'm just wondering one thing, around 77 right now and still having issues sustaining my main BV setup while not casting in the middle of a pack. What's the final verdict on the argument between faster casting/spell echo on BV? I realize you lose a lot of damage with spell echo but that feels like the only way to keep it going consistently between packs and not get surprised when you are without leech from a few stacks of your main BV.

Go with Spell Echo.

Faster Casting is a viable choice for endgame bosses because it has a higher damage output at 20 stacks, but you trade damage buildup and mobiltiy for that. I think everyone who understands how %less and %more works probably understands why I tried to avoid SE as well, but definetely go with SE until T16 since bosses die to fast before that. You can then keep SE or try FC, it depends on the player, playstyle and gear.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 25, 2016, 9:22:28 AM
Hey guys, could someone help me with my gear and build? ATM with hatred up I am only at 9k tooltip dps, and it takes me a WHILE to kill yellow mobs in dried lake.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAAPuBx4NfA5ID6sRLxFQEZYV1xXtFr8ZihqPHb4i9CSLJpUnqSj6KgsrCiymLL8vbzOHNAo1uTdmPV9BlklRSbFMs1JTVL1VS1ZjV8lcQF3yX2ph4mJaZJ1sC20ZcFJwu3X9f8aCx4Rvhq6J04w2j_qQ1pMnlS6Wi5cGl5WX9KEvpyuus6_rtAy1SLmTvorDCcM6xKLK09DQ0PXUQtW518_ZE9-Y5-rquutj6_XsGO-I8NXyHfba-TP5N_no-wk=?accountName=vlein031&characterName=Bubblysoda
Last edited by vlein031 on Sep 25, 2016, 10:04:29 AM
[/quote]

would it be possible for me to see your character?

wondering how i'd break 10k es

No problem buddy, char name Carried _ By _ FlasksMeta

Spoiler
Give me a fuckin beta already fss..
Last edited by HardKoar on Sep 25, 2016, 10:50:26 AM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
ment2008 wrote:

what golem should i pick, didn't saw any on the gear

Please read the guide more carefully :) Either Lightning Golem or Tempest Shield. You can use Ice Golem as well, I guess.
(Golems tend to kill you as they pull stuff / chain, so I don't use one anymore)

"
forsaken90 wrote:
"
ment2008 wrote:
why you picked this skill tree nodes? isn't the BV all based on pure spell dps and phys% no effect on it?

Blade Vortex deals physical damage. The passives reads "increased physical damage". If a passive reads "increased fire damage", it will increase Incinerate's damage. The same thing is going on here. It works. If you really want to test it, just get a trash The Magnate, and see the DPS change on BV.

Exactly this. Thanks for answering :)
(We also convert a lot of our Physdmg, so getting a little more is quite nice. BV scales both with Spelldmg and Physdmg - just not the Physdmg on weapons as it only applies to the weapon itself)

"
k3nz0ry wrote:
Hey, My goal is kill shaper, and i want a good endgame farmer-boss killer, im now HP based, so now i have 2 options, LL with 5L Shavronnes-7-8 ex, or better go CI buying a vaal regalia, throwing essences of woe and 5L-6L it and make it 5L-6L, and get at least 500-600 ES??? Its worth the more auras of LL?

Probably go CI.

We just run a Blasphemy curse setup we don't really need - getting Vulnerability is a really nice addition but we can't really do a dualcurse without Skyforth. You could potentially drop Warlord's Mark for Vuln anyway, though. I don't think the 2% leech is really that great for Shaper, but not sure.

We just trade ES for damage when going LL. It depends, I guess. Do you want to deal the max amount of possible damage and burst things down or do you rather want to stay safe? You have to be more careful and dodge more when playing LL. You can tank the beam on both, though.

so you don't use any golems now? u use tempest shield instead? wonder if I should use that I'm currelty using chaos golem but tempest shield would probably be better?
"
poeblader wrote:

so you don't use any golems now? u use tempest shield instead? wonder if I should use that I'm currelty using chaos golem but tempest shield would probably be better?

can use both if you drop increased dura in your cwdt setup. whichever you prefer

"
HardKoar wrote:

No problem buddy, char name Carried _ By _ FlasksMeta

Spoiler

ty, saw your gear. have to upgrade mine lol. each equip is 100es+ lower compared to yours
Last edited by zyidzen on Sep 25, 2016, 1:08:57 PM
so are people running boon-alchemist now? or just boon? not gona lie alchimst looks good for removing all elemental effects I dunno how many times ive died to frozen cause I switch out my freeze pot for chalice
Last edited by poeblader on Sep 25, 2016, 2:24:42 PM
"
poeblader wrote:
so are people running boon-alchemist now? or just boon? not gona lie alchimst looks good for removing all elemental effects I dunno how many times ive died to frozen cause I switch out my freeze pot for chalice

This is my current-set up, I use witchfire brew to synergise with master herbalist even more. However, I'm thinking of switching out herbalist for master alchemist once I get a taste of hate (replacing the witchfire), shouldn't even lose that much dps due to the 40% elem dmg. Then maybe ditch the kiara's for a chalice and roll curse immunity instead of removes shock on the diamond flask.

Also I 6L'd my new chest yesterday, massive dps boost with added fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info