[2.5] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide (MF Viable - MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

I found a calculator i see now both the last mana reserve reduction and the helmet mana reduction needed for all the auras to run.

Was a bit disappointed at first I was squishy and slower, so dropped envy just ran with the magic find auras and then I was surprised how much more powerful the build became breachlord went down in secoonds and map bosses are almost one shot.

Most impressive, thanks for the guide and the help.

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
how tf are you reserving life with no blood magic gems?

and I dont see you using prism guardian shield so....what is the deal?

Blood magic node on the tree (lower left corner).

"
Kuroimahou wrote:
I found a calculator i see now both the last mana reserve reduction and the helmet mana reduction needed for all the auras to run.

Was a bit disappointed at first I was squishy and slower, so dropped envy just ran with the magic find auras and then I was surprised how much more powerful the build became breachlord went down in secoonds and map bosses are almost one shot.

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:

So how do you use skills when VC isnt up or available, i.e. guardians, bosses, etc.
I love pie.
"
SquallGBlade wrote:

Hey there! I actually made some progress since that post- I bought a United in Dream and the damage is nice but I am not sure I really notice a difference. I dropped from 10k to 8.8k but I think its alright and I like having the extra damage aura at least for the sake of having it. (Also the poison damage lets my gloves do their 'on kill' effect!)

So I am going to try and 6link a shavs. I am already down 600 fus and didnt get a 2nd 5link but I am hopeful.

This might be a bit much to ask, but could you fix the damage spreadsheets with the new info? I really want to compare my stats but I have no idea whats going on in that spreadsheet. I really find it hard to believe that melee phys damage outdoes elemental focus, since ele focus benefits every aspect of the damage but the 50% physical, while the melee phys ignores the 2 flat damage auras completely. Its hard for me to wrap my head around it.

Thanks for the guide, my transition from aurabot to srs has been pretty strong :)

The thing with the spreadsheets is that there hasn't been any reliable information on the damage of minions for a long time, and the one that's on the wiki was datamined ages ago. I would like to do some updated spreadsheets for the damage, but as it stands it would mainly be guesswork from my side if I did something at the moment. You could go and bump https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1120894/page/1 and see if we finally can get some answers about minion tooltip dmg from GGG.

As for why melee phys dmg is better than elemental focus, here's a short calculation example (the figures are by no means exact).

Lets say that a 1-link SRS does 1000 dps before any auras.

Level 20 Elemental focus gives 49% more elemental damage
level 20 Melee Phys gives 49% more physical damage.

+200 dps from Anger
+200 dps from Wrath
+70% of physical dmg added as cold from Hatred.

With Elemental Focus we get:
physical + elemental
1000/2+(1000/2+200+200+1000*0.7)*1.49
500 + 2384 = 2884 DPS
With Melee Phys:
physical + elemental
(1000*1.49)/2 + ((1000*1.49)/2+200+200+(1000*1.49*0.7))
745 + 2288 = 2933 DPS

In reality the base dps probably is a lot higher than in this example, reducing the effect we gain from Wrath & Anger.

Anyway, the thing with Melee Physical Dmg is that it'll be very effective for both the base damage, and how much extra damage that we get from cold, since that extra damage is calculated before 50% of our physical damage is converted to fire.

"
snwkill wrote:
Hey loving your build so far. I'm not familiar with aura's does the mana reserved go up with gem level? I've been non chalauntly upgrading my gems as i level not thinking twice about it. So clarity should stay level 1 what about the other ones?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

Hello! the only aura that has a cost that goes up for each level is Clarity, all the other auras has a fixed mana reserved percentage. So make sure that you level all gems except for Clarity, that one stays at level 1.

And a tip if you would at some point by accident level a gem that you didn't want to level. If you vendor the skill gem with a Orb of Scouring it'll decrease with 1 level, and if you vendor it together with a Orb of Regret then it'll turn into a Level 1 gem.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
Kuroimahou wrote:

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:

So how do you use skills when VC isnt up or available, i.e. guardians, bosses, etc.

This is why we are using the Stone Golem, and if possible together with the 150% stone golem buff enchant. At the moment I'm regenerating somewhere around 300 life per second with my golem up, which is more than enough to keep us casting.
Builds:
Is it possible to tell which is better envy or one of the elemental auras damage wise ?

Tried to use envy instead of lightning and felt better but with all the map mods hard to tell.
"
Kuroimahou wrote:
Is it possible to tell which is better envy or one of the elemental auras damage wise ?

Tried to use envy instead of lightning and felt better but with all the map mods hard to tell.

Envy is be the better one as the added chaos damage is also used for the poison on hit, that the minion gains from the United in Dream. In addition to that, mobs generally have a lower chaos resistance.

Builds:
I'm only level 63, but I'm unsure if I want to go Blood magic or just mana. I understand that with Blood magic you can get higher ES because you can use a high ES shield. But with mana you can grab Zelot's Oath without it killing you ability to cast.

Ok, doing well now with Stone Golem enchant. Breeze through maps, and pop vaal skills for bosses or breaches.

Running a blasphemy enfeeble instead of wrath tho.

I love pie.
"
SquallGBlade wrote:
So I am torn between the two builds now(OP's elemental, and the poison SRS build). Currently I am lvl 88, I have a 5link shavs, steppan eard boots, pariah ring, ephermeral edge sword, 200 es gloves, 200 es helm(with 3% reduced reservation), and 400 es shield, and 7 ex in my stash. This comes out to 9655 ES with ephermeral edge, and 8493 without it.

I could buy the poison sword, presence of chaylula, upgrade my gear, or 6link my shavs.

My only goal this league is to reach the wing cosmetic from the challenge. Should I follow the poison or the ele build? Which would be cheaper? I kind of suck at the game, so being able to kill chayula before he can attack seems like a big plus to me.

I am at a point in the ele build where i dont really know how my damage could increase, and it doesnt feel amazing. The videos posted for the ele build seem far stronger than my current damage, but the only difference in damage (i think) is the 6link. I also dont have the poison sword, but with a focus on elemental gems, the poison would not scale that great.

Ele is the cheaper option.

So I have hit level 100 and 40/40 so I am done with the league. There is nothing much left I am planning to do anymore, so thanks a lot for introducing me to this awesome build. The last thing I tried was using Necro Aegis with Victario's Charity. With that my ES went down to 9.3k. Each SRS was getting three frenzy&power charges which seemed to boost minion damage and speed, improving the clear speed. but the loss of shield block made me way too squishy for it to be worth it, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to push to level 100.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
"
sunleonid wrote:
"
SquallGBlade wrote:
So I am torn between the two builds now(OP's elemental, and the poison SRS build). Currently I am lvl 88, I have a 5link shavs, steppan eard boots, pariah ring, ephermeral edge sword, 200 es gloves, 200 es helm(with 3% reduced reservation), and 400 es shield, and 7 ex in my stash. This comes out to 9655 ES with ephermeral edge, and 8493 without it.

I could buy the poison sword, presence of chaylula, upgrade my gear, or 6link my shavs.

My only goal this league is to reach the wing cosmetic from the challenge. Should I follow the poison or the ele build? Which would be cheaper? I kind of suck at the game, so being able to kill chayula before he can attack seems like a big plus to me.

I am at a point in the ele build where i dont really know how my damage could increase, and it doesnt feel amazing. The videos posted for the ele build seem far stronger than my current damage, but the only difference in damage (i think) is the 6link. I also dont have the poison sword, but with a focus on elemental gems, the poison would not scale that great.

Ele is the cheaper option.

So I have hit level 100 and 40/40 so I am done with the league. There is nothing much left I am planning to do anymore, so thanks a lot for introducing me to this awesome build. The last thing I tried was using Necro Aegis with Victario's Charity. With that my ES went down to 9.3k. Each SRS was getting three frenzy&power charges which seemed to boost minion damage and speed, improving the clear speed. but the loss of shield block made me way too squishy for it to be worth it, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to push to level 100.

And how well is the chaos SRS build doing against shaper / guardians? (the build you are using)
Last edited by rectis on Jan 5, 2017, 1:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info