[2.5] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide (MF Viable - MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

I'm trying to get back into the game after a year long break. I played SRS with Elemental Equilibrium (Arc+Spell totem) and wonder whether that would be a boost to DPS (cutting out the 3 gem movement skill and replacing it with flame dash).

Also, could you go into more detail on crafting the helm? Do you Essence + Regal + Exalt until you get something good or is there a cheaper way? I blew all my exalts on Shavs so I'm terrified of that being the case.

Excited to respec into the build!!
"
lotusmonk wrote:
I'm trying to get back into the game after a year long break. I played SRS with Elemental Equilibrium (Arc+Spell totem) and wonder whether that would be a boost to DPS (cutting out the 3 gem movement skill and replacing it with flame dash).

Also, could you go into more detail on crafting the helm? Do you Essence + Regal + Exalt until you get something good or is there a cheaper way? I blew all my exalts on Shavs so I'm terrified of that being the case.

You don't need regal with essence. Essence is pretty much chaos orb with 1 guaranteed property. So just use essence and pray :)
I have:
+23% IIQ
+309% IIR
I run 20 time Dried Lake and total profit are 7C
Why I do not drop more orbs?
"
IsoHexadecane wrote:
I have:
+23% IIQ
+309% IIR

The only thing that increases orb/currency drops is IIQ, so with 20% you are barely going to notice any change in orb drops.

IIR however will roll more rares and uniques, so you might notice a moderate difference than if you ran without.

Its pretty unlikely IIR will make you a profit from uniques since nearly all uniques are absolute garbage, so your best bet would be to run as fast as possible through the map for currency (speed = IIQ) or run the map and ID every good base rare for good rolls and selling them. The second method will take a lot of time on your part because if you dont know the popular meta builds and such, its very hard to gauge a price without spending 3 mins looking up every single rare's stats on poetrade.
I have only 47 left if I add clarity to my active auras bringing them to 7 without the vaal ones.

Which is recommended the stone golem bonus for helm or the lower mana reserve ?

Level 89 so I'll try to get one more mana reserve node from champion of the cause if i can level that high.
Last edited by Kuroimahou on Jan 5, 2017, 7:47:11 AM
"
SquallGBlade wrote:
I decided that between the two builds (Poison SRS and Ele SRS) that I will go elemental, because I dont want to interrupt my friends' curses.

My only goal atm is to reach the challenges required to get the wings- atm im at 25 completed.

Idk how to post gear and stuff so I will write it out.

I am lvl 90, I have a 5-link shavs, steppan eard boots, pariah ring, ephermeral edge sword, 200 es gloves, 200 es helm(with 3% reduced reservation), and 400 es shield, and 8 ex in my stash.

This comes out to 9900 ES with ephermeral edge, and 8700 without it.

--
If you guys could help me decide what to improve on, it would help a lot. My gems are not quality and none are corrupted, but I am considering corrupting some SRS's but maybe 6link should come before that?

Hello, as a rule I always vendor my gems together with a GCP as soon as they reach level 20, you will get a dps drop for a little while but the damage comes back quickly with a few levels; and then corrupt them when you get them to 20/20. If I were you I would buy a 20/20 SRS gem if you don't have it - they're cheap, and then level 6x SRS gems in your off-sockets, preferably with 15+ quality on them (as you've some currency saved up) so you can GCP them to 20 and then vaal them when they ding 20.

As for the rest. I would first focus on getting a 6l shavs. Either buy a new one without links and try to link it yourself, then you can always continue playing with your 5l until you get the other one to a 6l. After your 6L I would get the United in Dream cutlass or the Presence of Chayula.

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
lotusmonk wrote:

If you want to save gems on the moment skill, just stick with Shield Charge / Whirling Blades. In most cases they'll be superior to Flame Dash. An EE Arc totem would boost your damage by a bit, but most stuff should die fast enough so it wouldn't really be worth it in my opinion.

As for crafting the helmet, just use the Screaming Essence of Loathing + Orb of Scouring until you get rolls that you can live with. You can always get a 2nd helmet to roll on in the future.

"
iwonderwice wrote:
I wonder - what do I need to do shaper ? I mean what about aurasetup and stuff. Golem dies rly quick. How to deal with stuff?

Feels like I need 2 vaal clarities.

Your thoughts gentelmens ? Set-up, action, tactic?

One item that I would put as a requirement is the Shavronne's Revelation, as pausing to let the shield recharge will most likely kill you. Besides from that it should mainly be about positioning, avoiding stuff, and keeping the stone golem up at all times (which will probably be the hardest part). Bringing a life potion can be a good idea so you always have life to recast the Golem.

"
IsoHexadecane wrote:
I have:
+23% IIQ
+309% IIR

as SquallGBlade said, currency drops are only affected by Item Quantity. Thus running a blue map with 30% quantity will give more currency drop than running Dried Lakes with 23% IIQ. The best advice I can give is to play in maps that are fast to clear, and to always have +%Pack Size and then as much quantity as you can get on the rolls.

"
Kuroimahou wrote:
I have only 47 left if I add clarity to my active auras bringing them to 7 without the vaal ones.

Level 89 so I'll try to get one more mana reserve node from champion of the cause if i can level that high.

as you mentioned, you should really try to get the Champion of the Cause node. If you get +Dexterity on your gloves, then you can drop the +30 Agility node. Also drop the Occulist's Dominion, that one is mainly used later on to give us some extra ES. In addition to those two nodes I would spec out of the Jewel socket + Resistance nodes just below the Scion start, with all that resistance you have on your rings you shouldn't be needing them atm. That should give the 5 points required to get the Champion of the Cause node.

As for helmet enchantment, go for the Stone Golem buff effectiveness if you can find one, and then use the Screaming Essence of Loathing on it.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Kuroimahou wrote:

"
Tahreyn wrote:
as you mentioned, you should really try to get the Champion of the Cause node. If you get +Dexterity on your gloves, then you can drop the +30 Agility node. Also drop the Occulist's Dominion, that one is mainly used later on to give us some extra ES. In addition to those two nodes I would spec out of the Jewel socket + Resistance nodes just below the Scion start, with all that resistance you have on your rings you shouldn't be needing them atm. That should give the 5 points required to get the Champion of the Cause node.

As for helmet enchantment, go for the Stone Golem buff effectiveness if you can find one, and then use the Screaming Essence of Loathing on it.

Thanks, very much for the answer, I really appreciate it.
I'll change my magic find, farming setup as you recommended.

Have another question though.
I got the envy and changed a few items to be able to run end game content.
I plan to change the Vintar ring with a energy shield one.

If I get champion of the cause can I run all 8 auras ? Now with envy in the picture I dropped haste, or I also need the mana reduction on helm ?
Are there any ways to calculate all this ? Then I wouldn't bother you with all these questions.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Kuroimahou on Jan 5, 2017, 9:52:36 AM
"
Tahreyn wrote:

Hello, as a rule I always vendor my gems together with a GCP as soon as they reach level 20, you will get a dps drop for a little while but the damage comes back quickly with a few levels; and then corrupt them when you get them to 20/20. If I were you I would buy a 20/20 SRS gem if you don't have it - they're cheap, and then level 6x SRS gems in your off-sockets, preferably with 15+ quality on them (as you've some currency saved up) so you can GCP them to 20 and then vaal them when they ding 20.

As for the rest. I would first focus on getting a 6l shavs. Either buy a new one without links and try to link it yourself, then you can always continue playing with your 5l until you get the other one to a 6l. After your 6L I would get the United in Dream cutlass or the Presence of Chayula.

Hey there! I actually made some progress since that post- I bought a United in Dream and the damage is nice but I am not sure I really notice a difference. I dropped from 10k to 8.8k but I think its alright and I like having the extra damage aura at least for the sake of having it. (Also the poison damage lets my gloves do their 'on kill' effect!)

So I am going to try and 6link a shavs. I am already down 600 fus and didnt get a 2nd 5link but I am hopeful.

This might be a bit much to ask, but could you fix the damage spreadsheets with the new info? I really want to compare my stats but I have no idea whats going on in that spreadsheet. I really find it hard to believe that melee phys damage outdoes elemental focus, since ele focus benefits every aspect of the damage but the 50% physical, while the melee phys ignores the 2 flat damage auras completely. Its hard for me to wrap my head around it.

Thanks for the guide, my transition from aurabot to srs has been pretty strong :)
Last edited by SquallGBlade on Jan 5, 2017, 10:21:09 AM
Hey loving your build so far. How do you manage vorici quests like leave one enemy alive?
Last edited by snwkill on Jan 5, 2017, 11:25:35 AM
how tf are you reserving life with no blood magic gems?

and I dont see you using prism guardian shield so....what is the deal?
I love pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info