ZiggyD's Slivertongue Unique Reveal

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:
when you shot you have nothing until you get something via gems, talent points or items.
my example accounted for everything while you people talk about specific situations.

yes, with 0% chance to pierce you don't pierce initially; what's hard to get there?.

Ex: TS always pierces the first target so that first target will always get a bleed from the bow.
Oh the example of T shot. Tornado shots inital shot is 100% chance to pierce, thats the projectile you shot toward the area where the actual secondary shot lands.

With Tshot it goes

Tornado Shot initial pierce > Secondary > Fork > Chain > Pierce again > Bleed

Sorry i was completely confused for a moment.

again, you work here based on a specific example with some items/gems/talents accounted for.
i don't know what you use there but this :
"

The bow specifically states "Arrows that Chain will Pierce" this means that it will Pierce after Chaining has occurred and at no other time.
is wrong. with some pierce chance, you'll always pierce first(yes, even with the bow equipped) and then pierce again after a chain.
Does LA with this Bow and Deadeye ascendancy will work?!
Because to have bleed (and Crit+Multi against bleeding enemies) applied you can't convert all physical damage, so no Physical to Lighting GEM, and less damage from WED GEM!

But still each HIT from Fork-Chain-Pierce will hit 3 additional enemies around it!
"
kreca73 wrote:

Projectiles witch pierce can't at same time Fork or Chain!
With this BOW you don't use pierce gem or passive nodes! So pierce effect appears only after projectiles chained!

It id perfect for Deadeye ascendancy, because there are passive node for +1 Chain!
If you use Chain Gem, you loose halve of it effect, because after first Chain it will never chain again but pierce!
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:

With this BOW you don't use pierce gem or passive nodes! So pierce effect appears only after projectiles chained!

It id perfect for Deadeye ascendancy, because there are passive node for +1 Chain!
If you use Chain Gem, you loose halve of it effect, because after first Chain it will never chain again but pierce!

you use 100% pierce and get 100% bleed; no chain and no fork.

Edit: to that bolded part - yes, if you have 100% pierce. if you have let's say 50% pierce, you roll everything again on every mob and if pierce roll fails, you then roll for fork and chain if you have them.
Last edited by kreca73 on Aug 25, 2016, 4:46:23 AM
Guys,

With Deadeye Class and Powerful Precision we have 100% pierce at first hit :D

and + Chain and Fork from Quiv. and Class, it will

100% Pierce at first hit, then Fork, then Chain, then 100% Pierce for all other hits.

Means with tornado Shot and greater multi. Proj.

5 arrows they Pierce (while pierce, 100% crit chance and Bleeding)
these 5 Arrows explode and creat new Proj. 3 for each arrow means = 15
this 15 can Pierce again from Class Skill, 100% Chance means again (100% crit incr. and bleeding)
after Pierce, 0% peirce chance (becouse no gems or passives or items..)
Then they fork means 30 Proj. ((100% increase crit chance by fork)
These 30 Proj. can Chain,
after Chain they 100% pierce forever (bleeding all and 100% increased crit)

Now the best, after first pierce, all damage 30% more from class Far Shot.

:D Speedy clearing speed for Maps. Maybe with Poision arrow = poison in all hits, or IceShot/Lighting Shot
How to get that hat?
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:

He doesnt understand the differences for whatever reason.

Im just going to say it one last time

Fork > Chain > Pierce

In the case of Tornado Shot, which intial arrow has 100% chance to pierce, it completely ignores the Fork and Chain (this is because piercing projectiles cannot Fork or Chain with 100% Chance to Pierce).

Tornado Shot Initial Shot Pierces (no fork or chain on the initial arrow) > Secondary Explosion > Fork > Chain > Pierce.

You do not want Pierce Chance at all when using this bow, because it gives it to you FOR FREE after projectiles have Chained.

I dont know why they dont get this, its the last time im going to explain it lol
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 4:50:02 AM
OMG another BIS "Nick_GGG unique" - really GGG? Havn't you learned anything from Reach of the Council?

Reach of the Council was BIS for any bow gem that worked great with GMP. There was an huge uproar about it that it wasn't even worth crafting a rare bow at this point...

Now, only one patch later, you created a BIS bow for Split Arrow? Really GGG? A 300 phys DPS Harbinger where a character can get FREE pierce (on bow itself), FREE chain (on deadeye ascendancy), FREE fork (on Rigwald's Quills) and FREE garanteed bleed on top of it?
You also get FREE knockback on critical strikes with bows with the "King of the Hill" noteable to make the bleed really potent.

That is pure f*cking power creep!

This bow in combination with the ascendancy and the quiver gives roughly ~4 extra FREE links to a bow build; i can't believe it.

Some people will say: but it is only 300 DPS, a mirror worthy harbinger has >500 DPS. That might be true but they forget that bleed on a bow build is effectivly 60% more DPS (free knockback) without even considering the scaling of the bleed. Free fork (from quiver) and free chain (from ascendancy) are 2 less multipliers which are gone on top of it. Split Arrow doesn't need GMP so not a single less multiplier on this buid required.

TLDR: BIS bow for Split Arrow and some other bow gems, why should a player even try to craft a rare bow when it will never outclass a unique? Please GGG - no more BIS uniques!

@Nick_GGG
If you read this or if this gets to you - can you please explain how this unique can be balanced and released into the game as it is, how did the balancing process and the Q@A went for this item and how long did it took to evaluate its power level?

You sir were responsible for "Skyforth" (BIS boots for wanders and other ES/Low life builds), Valyrium (BIS ring for ES/Low life builds which need a way to deal with stun - this unique is a strictly better version of Eye of Chayula and fits no specific role besids that - pure power creep) and now Silvertongue, which is a obvious BIS for Split Arrow and some other bow builds.

How can you allow that? How can you allow this uniques getting into the game? Didn't you realise how much damage those uniques could do to the games concept when you where designing and evaluating them?

Looking foreward to an answer.
Fork > Chain > Pierce > Bleed...
So much stuff has to happen for you to clear a pack. It`s fun i guess,
but I think I`ll stick with Reach or a rare one even,
and keep oneshoting stuff as I did before. Cheers..
IGN: VodeniZec
Looks like pure bowgasm ;)

It's always good to see pretty strong and useful unique, even if I dont plan to use it.

IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info