ZiggyD's Slivertongue Unique Reveal

Hmm somehow i think, Path of Exile does not mean more Bows, it fells like >50% of all people only play bow builds when you group up, it gets really boring.

Can we please get some good staffs (or weapons that rarely get used) with unique skills or something like that?
"
kreca73 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:
gamepedia says: pierce -> fork -> chain; that is always the priority of the rolls.

pierce always rolls first and chain last.
Pierce rolls before fork IF you use the gem. This bow does it in a specific order which ignores that rule.

there's no unique that i know of that changes game mechanics.

so: you shot, you roll for pierce(if any pierce %), then roll for fork(if any fork %), then for chain(if any chain +) then, because of the bow, you pierce everything with 100% chance.
No...

You cannot pierce unless you have the pierce Gem on or pierce chance, with the initial hit. You do not want to spec into any pierce or use a pierce quiver or a pierce gem with this bow (you can if you just want to bleed but thats an absolute waste).

The bow specifically states "Arrows that Chain will Pierce" this means that it will Pierce after Chaining has occurred and at no other time.

Thus the order for the bow, and only this bow is...

Initial Shot > Fork > Chain > Pierce

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 4:05:39 AM
"
kreca73 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:
gamepedia says: pierce -> fork -> chain; that is always the priority of the rolls.

pierce always rolls first and chain last.
Pierce rolls before fork IF you use the gem. This bow does it in a specific order which ignores that rule.

there's no unique that i know of that changes game mechanics.

so: you shot, you roll for pierce(if any pierce %), then roll for fork(if any fork %), then for chain(if any chain +) then, because of the bow, you pierce everything with 100% chance.

When you shoot, you only Have Fork (From Quiver) and Chain From Ascendancy!
So order goes this: Fork - Chain, and ONLY after Chain you get Pierce.

Interesting in this setup what would be better to use?
Tornado shot + GMP (- damage), or Split Arror + GEM (+damage)???

Also:
Does damage from single arrow have much effect? I mean bleed doesn't stuck so is there any need to use it as damage? You get many useful buffs against bleeding enemy, so it doesn't matter bleed damage itself, only its status!

I Mean: LA+GMP (without PTL gem)!
That way we get Fork+Chain+Pierce, and each hit also damage 3 nearby enemies!
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Aug 25, 2016, 4:07:47 AM
when you shot you have nothing until you get something via gems, talent points or items.
my example accounted for everything while you people talk about specific situations.

yes, with 0% chance to pierce you don't pierce initially; what's hard to get there?.

Ex: TS always pierces the first target so that first target will always get a bleed from the bow.
"
kreca73 wrote:
when you shot you have nothing until you get something via gems, talent points or items.
my example accounted for everything while you people talk about specific situations.

yes, with 0% chance to pierce you don't pierce initially; what's hard to get there?.

Ex: TS always pierces the first target so that first target will always get a bleed from the bow.

Does Fork will work on secondary projectiles from Tornado Shot?!
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

When you shoot, you only Have Fork (From Quiver) and Chain From Ascendancy!
So order goes this: Fork - Chain, and ONLY after Chain you get Pierce.

Interesting in this setup what would be better to use?
Tornado shot + GMP (- damage), or Split Arror + GEM (+damage)???

Depends on what you want to play, you can use Deadeye for the Free chain or you can play Assassin and get Poison and Bleed, which probably results in more damage after double dipping regardless of the less damage multipliers.

Itll probably be some variation of this

Split Arrow/Tshot + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Slower Projectiles + Critical Strike Multiplier (optional) + LMP/GMP (optional) + Faster Attacks

If you play Assassin youll have to substitute something for Chain but youll be able to poison and bleed and get two more damage multipliers, one on Bleed and one on Poison in addition to double dipping mechanics.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:

Does Fork will work on secondary projectiles from Tornado Shot?!

yes, secondary proj from TS have no pierce/fork/chain until you add those to them.
"
kreca73 wrote:

Oh the example of T shot. Tornado shots inital shot is 100% chance to pierce, thats the projectile you shot toward the area where the actual secondary shot lands.

With Tshot it goes

Tornado Shot initial pierce > Secondary > Fork > Chain > Pierce again > Bleed

Sorry i was completely confused for a moment.

holy shit this is so sad it basicly shows that ggg learned absolutely nothing from reach of the council

thats the new way now ? creating overpowered shit and nerfing it once the league is over

new low ...not suprised what happed to powerful uniques have setback ? how does a fucking 9l have a setback ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 25, 2016, 4:28:00 AM
"
__Z__ wrote:
Seriously ? A bow again, an harbinger, again ? As the time passing I don't understand why you gave such tools that are near flawless and that permit to off screen everything meanwhile you let melee in a dangerous and pitifull state with semi-usefull low dps items...

Everything in PoE is better when ranged and you seem to insist on that... That begin to be just sad...
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info