What build are you planning for 2.4???

How come the "of dousing" flask prefix that clears ignites can stop RF then if RF does not count as an ignite? Weird.

EDIT: Avatar of fire! That would make the lightning warp do fire damage instead so my movement skill would function as the igniting skill.
Last edited by Colossus_The_Turtle on Aug 24, 2016, 9:25:16 PM
"
How come the "of dousing" flask prefix that clears ignites can stop RF then if RF does not count as an ignite? Weird.

It removes "burning" which is the superior attribute under which both ignites and burning degeneration's fall.

RF is classified as "burning" i think, since it has no "on hit component" and ignite is the same mechanical effect but requires a hit to occur.

If the line was "removes ignites" then you would not be able to remove RF.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hmm, I made a quick skill tree, would this be a decent tree for the build?
http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAUxBQUlEQWdNQWVkLXdrc0dPdmhFdGdfY2ZBZ1FIZzl0VnhqcFlySmp4YkNHd050aEpHeXFON0ZWTXM1ZVZVbE9YOUQxZk5QZVhoUzZVOTllYm9ZOUdIUlFTYVJjY2NYa1laYWNJbmE0RGRaRXJXSGRmQkJwc051a2txaFp2NDJya0l0V203VHlhTzVfZjczdzhCYUlBOEItQ20tdzRPdGduTDVCVkdqaFo4M0lQY1lWNjVtUDlSdGZhdWJGQ3JLcHlxY1QySi0wR0R0UjhDZmF2cHh6T0sxQU56ZjVVR1M3WllhMk56MzVYRGZHc0tTNTh1Qm8tWHo4VUlPOE9VRWYyU01SWVBmeU16MWhqYVBLdmpUSTByN2VIWmNhdURGOGNwMU9sNFhNOExZUE10ejctQ3RpOUJMUFVCOXlOYTNySXY1RDYzMjBYcEJNMQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

Also, thank you for replying to my newbish questions.
Your gonna need a lot more regen i think for RF.

I would also drop shaper of desolation and pick mastermind of discord. Then simply use a cold spell once in a while on tougher enemy's for a free global 25 fire penetration.(it reads as "damage penetrates" so in theory it should effect the rf degen, but i am not sure on this, nothing indicates it only function on "on hit" damage to me)

Conflux is great, but without the prolif i don't think it's going to be all that useful. Probably better of getting the penetration at that point.

with 36 challenges done i hardly think your a newb though.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : asked the question about mastermind of discord in the mechanics info thread, i will let you know if it functions with RF if i get a response back.
Last edited by Boem on Aug 24, 2016, 10:10:50 PM
Yes, you are absolutely correct regarding the HP regen, im rebuilding the tree so i get more. I cut the fire damage nodes, or at least , most of them so i can get more regen. I think the conflux is gonna be very important during clearing, since the lightning warp will trigger ignites, which triggers the necklace, a lot. Also, free shock and chill is not bad at all. I would rather not have to use the Rise of the phoenix shield, and i hope i can avoid it.

Also, it's lightning spells that gives you fire pen. which would be great tbh... But I'm not sure how efficient the conflux will be, nor how much ignite chance i will need from the tree... So many questions...

I'll post a more updated version of the tree in a few min, gotta place the last points correctly.

Thank you for the help so far!
A bit more of an updated tree, the hp reg is still not quite enough, but i think this tree is better at the very least!

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAURBQUlEQWdNQWR0LXdrc0dPdmhFdGc5dFZ4anBZSFJTbkNKMnVBM1dSSzFoM1h3UTI2U1NxRm1famFwbzduOV92ZkR3Rm9nRHdINEtiN0RnNjJDY3ZrRlVhT0ZuemNnOXhoWHJtWV8xRzE5cTVzVUxFOWlmdEJnN1VmQW4yR1M3WllhMk56MzVmUHhRZzd3NVFSX1pJeEZobzhxLU54cTRNWHh5blU2WGhjend0Zzh5M1B2NEsyTDFCaF9ubzVGRm5tOVNQZkE2blZRUUhUTE9YbFZKVFBWLVg5T3Z1ZklPYTRFV2RVMUpib1ByU1pwNW9kTnBpbEtDc3FuS3BnX2NmQWhwczJDUldTTUVFZVdpcGJuZmpBZHhrbzJFaGhObUU3OXJCZE8wRkxVZC12VGJVQjl5TmEzckl2NUQ2MzIwWHBCTTEAEEFBQUNBQWZRQVFIMEFRQUEAAA==
The math is done! If i use purity of fire, and a ruby flask, I would REgenerate 50hp/sec! And that is without using the phoenix shield!
"
Boem wrote:

Emberwake : allows to continuously apply ignite on enemy's constantly activating the 100 self fire damage.(and as a result increasing the chance to be ignited yourself constantly)

Quoted out of context i know, but i just wanted to say that you dont need to use the ring to constantly "ignite" something. Using Oro's Sacrifice for instance is enough to constantly keep up frenzy charges at max while flickering on a boss. IIRC this is because you constantly apply new ignites on something, but they dont take effect until your highest damage ignite wears off, still counts as applying a ignite though.

That said, i am planning on using that amulet + mokus + elementalist on an Oro's flicker for some aditional (completely unneeded and potentially dangerous) damage. Maybe as a hybrid es/life build with some fancy CWDT in the chestpiece. We'll see. (or just vaal MS, boring as that garbage is, and for some more, completely unneeded damage)
Last edited by Cataca on Aug 25, 2016, 12:00:38 AM
Having seen the new items, I'm actually hoping to land that new Brain Rattler mace for an EQ Templar. I've been keeping clear of EQ because I hate using meta bullshit unless I can do something interesting with it. A full-conversion elemental EQ build sounds like just the interesting build I need to try the skill out. Physical to Lightening, Melee Physical, Weapon Elemental, Less Duration, and...Probably Increased AoE with full AoE nodes for maximum WTF factor. Bring the thunder.
This is a buff™
^Go EQ elementalist witch, just saying \o/

It's what i plan to do with that mace if i get one.

Witch smacking shit up in a potential powerful off-class set-up.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info