What build are you planning for 2.4???

I'm designing a crit varanustra assasin with mind over mater and block as it's core defenses and dual wielding ming's rings for a nice -40% life.

With mings reduction i am at around 165% life currently and 95% mana increase, 270% shield defenses and 13% block chance(pushing my shield to acro baselines 40%) and might get atziri steps for a 16% spell dodge.

Vaal double strike or grace for bosses probably.

The plan will be to go in and get the boss down in a few seconds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ming's are only 15% reduced so 30% for both. You just gained 10% life!

Also, isn't Varanustra nearly impossible to obtain?
"
Namcap wrote:
Ming's are only 15% reduced so 30% for both. You just gained 10% life!

Also, isn't Varanustra nearly impossible to obtain?

LoL, i was actually crafting with a 40% reduction so cheers. Been a while since i used them.

And yeah it is, so it's not a build i will try immediately, but i am aiming for it cause it looks ballers passive tree wise.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^Use a kaoms, get one of the conc effect unique's(the gloves or helmet), preferably the gloves in this build, rampage fits the theme.

Get blood magic to simulate a 6-link in the gloves.

Get one of the rings that allows a free aura and throw in grace or other aura(but your simulating full avoidance right?)

There you go.

dual claw/acro/evasion berzerker capable of end-game. It won't be fast but i reckon that's not the purpose of the build.

Peace,

-Boem-

Remove jewel sockets or other desired stats to lessen the stress on the passive tree where desired.

205% life + avoidance/kaoms and instant 100% vaal pact leach is going to carry you.
And your at around 7% leech without it i reckon with claw implicit + ascendancy and nodes.

edit 2 : can probably also do it with a belly, opening up the gloves slot and providing you with a 7-link.

245% life with avoidance should be "ok" if you stack solid life rolls on all your gear.

This was fun.

Not bad at all. Truth be told, I was mulling it around since the last patch so I got something planned out already but I'm glad to see you aren't considering it a total crapshot :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Since I managed to finally try it out today and since I absolutely love that build, I think I'll go for hiltless CoC molten shell duelist. I really hope the 3 core items for that build (Carnage heart, Sibyl's lament and Hiltless) will be reasonably priced early in the league... let's hope for the best
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
raics wrote:

Not bad at all. Truth be told, I was mulling it around since the last patch so I got something planned out already but I'm glad to see you aren't considering it a total crapshot :)

This is my forté, taking a build concept and making it end-game map viable. Any build can be made end-game viable if you have the time and wealth for it in my opinion.

The one thing why your build is going to be "not that great", is the lack of a solid dual wield AOE skill.
Or for that mater any decent claw skill.
Sadly, lacerate does not work with claws, and reave doesn't utilize the dual wield option making it silly to use.
So your only option is double strike with melee splash.(and don't we all love a name-lock skill with melee splash?)
That's why i also would go for a belly, the links are pretty much required due to the lack of a nice skill to utilize the build for.

I suggest

Dual strike - melee splash - multistrike - more melee phys - poison - increased crit chance - (passive blood magic)

If your claws have a high base crit already, you might get away with critical multiplier but i am more inclined to go for crit stability or fortify in end-game maps if it's needed.

just stick on bosses and ramp up the poison while you go ham? Sounds like fun.
(and berserker more% is global i think? applying to the poison degen?)

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
just stick on bosses and ramp up the poison while you go ham? Sounds like fun.
(and berserker more% is global i think? applying to the poison degen?)

Right, double dipping = yummy.

Unfortunately, TL2 zerker doesn't use poison so that's out, what I got is:
- I'll simulate an auto attack build with 100% execute percentage, that's pretty much dual strike, no other option fits though Reave might sub for Raze which isn't really used in a dual claw build.
- Splash instead of Stormclaw/RedWolf
- Blasphemy temp chains will act as Howl.
- Might actually use the rampage gloves if possible or death rush, there's a rampage passive in TL2.
- Cloak of Savagery will replace Blood Hunger
- Frenzy charges can be the charge bar
- Whirling blades instead of Wolfstrike
- I'll stack crit and evasion to simulate high dex score
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 24, 2016, 7:17:25 PM
"
Boem wrote:
This is my forté, taking a build concept and making it end-game map viable. Any build can be made end-game viable if you have the time and wealth for it in my opinion.

The one thing why your build is going to be "not that great", is the lack of a solid dual wield AOE skill.
Or for that mater any decent claw skill.

Claw skills :(

Nice build tho. Would be cool seeing it as a Duelist Slayer with 8 link because of Impact. Could probably drop Vaal Pact and use Brutal Fervour or use Vaal Pact and go Headsman.
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Aug 24, 2016, 7:27:10 PM
I've been thinking about making a Witch that uses lightning warp and RF (RF as the 6-link i think, have not had the time to plan everything out yet) And i just realized that the coming amulet, wouldn't it be great for an elementalist RF?

Amulet has:
10% chance to ignite
53% Increased damage while ignited
Take 100 damage when you ignite an enemy
2% of fire damage leeched as life while ignited

Wouldn't that be able to proc the elementalist "paragon of calamity" ascendancy?

50% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken
For each Element you've been hit by Damage of Recently, 8% reduced Damage taken of that Element
For each Element you've been hit by Damage of Recently, 40% increased Damage of that Element

If i'm not mistaken, It should lower the damage from RF substantially, whilst increasing my damage by quite a lot as well. And the sustain is nice.

Or am I wrong?

EDIT: does increased fire damage, increased elemental damage and increased burning damage all increase RF's damage?
Last edited by Colossus_The_Turtle on Aug 24, 2016, 9:04:44 PM
^
1) RF doesn't mean "you are ignited", so the added damage from the amulet will not work.
2) RF does not ignite so you will not take 100 fire damage.

RF is basically a burning degeneration to yourself and surrounding enemy's.
An "ignite" is a "on hit status ailment", since RF does not hit it can also not cause ignites.

The interaction between elementalist and the fire damage on yourself from the amulet when you ignite an enemy is correct though.

You would need

1) this amulet
2) mokou's embrace ring
3) run RF and cast a fire skill

Then the 100 fire damage on igniting an enemy has a 25% chance to ignite you which would activate the other benefits from the amulet.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : items that might interest you if you wanna try this amulet and the combo it offers.

Bloodboil ring = 100% increased ignite on yourself (extends the base duration of ignite to 8 seconds from 4 on yourself, keeping the amulet active longer)
Emberwake : allows to continuously apply ignite on enemy's constantly activating the 100 self fire damage.(and as a result increasing the chance to be ignited yourself constantly)
Last edited by Boem on Aug 24, 2016, 9:02:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info