What build are you planning for 2.4???

"
Ethan_GGG wrote:

P.S I already have a Flicker Striker, but you're probably right and my Shadow won't amount to much. However, isn't everybody's first character on a new league about testing out new things?

Mine's usually a cheap cookie cutter to get a good base and then I start fooling around when I can afford it. You can make a lot of cash in the first week of a league if you progress quickly and starting with a character which turns out to suck is painful. I've made this mistake once and I won't repeat it again.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Planning to copy a TL2 Berserker as an evasion dual claw marauder. I remember Sid saying that the idea was dumb back in pre-ascendancy when we discussed fixes and possible applications for Berserker so I'm interested in seeing for myself if it truly sucks and how much.

If I had to do a claw berserker, I'd probably go claw + shield CI. Will be super gear-reliant but definitely won't suck if built properly. 40% more damage, excellent leech and 100% leech with VP if something hits you for more than 15%, plus a high enough ES base, will make a character capable of facerolling anything in the game.

The only 'slight' issue will be gearing him and colouring a Vaal Regalia :P

Yeah, it would probably be better but it then it wouldn't play the role close enough. I want damage avoidance, claws, crit and leech, that's what a default TL2 zerker is about.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Planning to copy a TL2 Berserker as an evasion dual claw marauder. I remember Sid saying that the idea was dumb back in pre-ascendancy when we discussed fixes and possible applications for Berserker so I'm interested in seeing for myself if it truly sucks and how much.

If I had to do a claw berserker, I'd probably go claw + shield CI. Will be super gear-reliant but definitely won't suck if built properly. 40% more damage, excellent leech and 100% leech with VP if something hits you for more than 15%, plus a high enough ES base, will make a character capable of facerolling anything in the game.

The only 'slight' issue will be gearing him and colouring a Vaal Regalia :P

Yeah, it would probably be better but it then it wouldn't play the role close enough. I want damage avoidance, claws, crit and leech, that's what a default TL2 zerker is about.

Good luck getting enough of all that plus a sufficient life pool to not die from a stiff breeze since you're melee, and we all know true dual wielding sucks since there's no skill with decent AOE coverage.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 24, 2016, 6:07:52 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Good luck getting enough of all that plus a sufficient life pool to not die from a stiff breeze since you're melee, and we all know true dual wielding sucks since there's no skill with decent AOE coverage.

Yeah, I know, it will be tricky and themed builds tend to suck if you stick too close to it but that's kind of the whole point, if I wanted easy sailing I'd make a girlscout bow build. Fortunately, there's a lot more wiggling room in the game nowadays and my tolerance level for sucky builds is extremely high.

"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Yeah, I know, it will be tricky and themed builds tend to suck if you stick too close to it but that's kind of the whole point, if I wanted easy sailing I'd make a girlscout bow build. Fortunately, there's a lot more wiggling room in the game nowadays and my tolerance level for sucky builds is extremely high.

sucky sucky 5 dolla?

:D

I tried making a viable tree for what you said, it needed only 137 points :P
BF mines or traps I didn't decided yet.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Bars wrote:
sucky sucky 5 dolla?

50 cent level, more likely :)

Got one already worked out for the usual 112 points, probably a bit less viable than yours but should be usable enough.

Last edited by raics on Aug 24, 2016, 7:08:52 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
sucky sucky 5 dolla?

50 cent level, more likely :)

Got one already worked out for the usual 112 points, probably a bit less viable than yours but should be usable enough.

I would be concerned if it wasn't a bit less viable with 25 points less :P May I see yours? Just curious to see if we were thinking along the same lines or it's something completely different.
^Use a kaoms, get one of the conc effect unique's(the gloves or helmet), preferably the gloves in this build, rampage fits the theme.

Get blood magic to simulate a 6-link in the gloves.

Get one of the rings that allows a free aura and throw in grace or other aura(but your simulating full avoidance right?)

There you go.

dual claw/acro/evasion berzerker capable of end-game. It won't be fast but i reckon that's not the purpose of the build.

Peace,

-Boem-

Remove jewel sockets or other desired stats to lessen the stress on the passive tree where desired.

205% life + avoidance/kaoms and instant 100% vaal pact leach is going to carry you.
And your at around 7% leech without it i reckon with claw implicit + ascendancy and nodes.

edit 2 : can probably also do it with a belly, opening up the gloves slot and providing you with a 7-link.

245% life with avoidance should be "ok" if you stack solid life rolls on all your gear.

This was fun.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 24, 2016, 5:28:00 PM
Going to keep trying to make my windwalker-samurai lacerater.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info