So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

We need something to cry about.

Nerfing CoC and/or EQ is the meta now.
"
ShowUs wrote:
We need something to cry about.

Nerfing CoC and/or EQ is the meta now.

GGG implied they would not nerf EQ, instead they will raise other melee skills up to par.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I'm against the idea that you *shouldn't* become overpowered at some point. If you bother to get to level 95, spend hundreds of hours farming currency, and assemble a bunch of hard to find gear to put a really finicky build together, you SHOULD get god mode.

There is this very strange thing that happens, in all online games....in a game where anyone can choose to build and play whatever they want, the concept that "someone else" is overpowered is just.....the weirdest victim mentality.

Stop trying to crush fun because you have a victim mentality complex. People should be able to achieve overpowered builds at end game time investments.
"
Ultrazen wrote:
I'm against the idea that you *shouldn't* become overpowered at some point. If you bother to get to level 95, spend hundreds of hours farming currency, and assemble a bunch of hard to find gear to put a really finicky build together, you SHOULD get god mode.

But here's the problem... it doesn't take level 95 to get to godmode. Levels are considerably less important than other factors once you hit about level 70; since most of a character's power is derived from gear and you'd get most core functionalities derived from the passive tree while leveling, 'godmode' status just don't depend on high level that much. Hell, I hit level 70 on my Prismfall character and started farming max key Uber lab, because all my build's batsh*t killing potential was derived from gear and the skeleton of my passive tree. Didn't need anything close to the time investment to reach 95, just needed the gear and a plan.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 19, 2016, 8:20:40 PM
I always remember first time I played Coc. It was in Nemesis league with tabula rasa and 2-4x(cant remember) ethereal knives. Since then I have been in love with coc builds.

Its true that its strong, but its not super op like most people seem to think. Take out couple broken things and its kinda balanced actually when compared to top tier builds.

Nerf discharge(on coc) and poison and its a strong build that takes lot of gear to make it better than whatever is FOTM at the time.

This game is much more fun with coc than without.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
Who cares about CoC honestly. If you people ask for a nerf for CoC, it will be killed, and in the next few months people will wonder why CoC is no longer useful. I'd hate to see one of the most fun and versatile things in the game come to a complete end because people can't stand fun.

I'm against the Nerf train making regular anti-fun stops. Nerfing CoC is part of the PoE tradition, like Spork, Cyclone, Facebreakers, Flameblast, LA, PA, SRS, etc.

If too many people are playing it, GGG will chop it down. I'm not against balancing skills, but I'd prefer to see other skills get a balancing buff and monsters get some more life instead of continual nerfing.

The ease of obtaining critical hits takes them away from being a critical hit. It's more like missing the target by a few feet when you are using a nuclear weapon.

The potential combinations allow for a lot of fun character combinations, but CoC does need some sort of balancing factor. I'm not sure exactly what, maybe some built in critical hit resistances for certain mobs, maps and bosses?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I think GGG should have whatever standard they deem appropriate for

1) clear speed
2) being immortal (safety of play)

I don't care too much what it is, but anything that goes over their thresholds should be nerfed back down to balance land. It's only fair to the other skill gems. Choice becomes the illusion of choice when a player is choosing between blast rain and firestorm and there is an objectively right/wrong choice when one is 10x better than the other, and the weaker one struggles in yellow maps (just a hypothetical).

Of course not all gems are as similar as those two, and CoC is a unique little creature isn't it?
The real reason why they're nerfing coc is because GGG is anti-gay. They are tired of hearing cock this, cock that. I mean holy shit its a sausage fest every time you log into poe and look at chat. They thought that we'd be talking about titty monsters more. But nope, coc everywhere. That's like walking into a strip club to find out that it was a gay strip club.

Don't worry though, there's a replacement skill being introduced once coc gets nerfed: BEWB.
"
The real reason why they're nerfing coc is because GGG is anti-gay. They are tired of hearing cock this, cock that. I mean holy shit its a sausage fest every time you log into poe and look at chat. They thought that we'd be talking about titty monsters more. But nope, coc everywhere. That's like walking into a strip club to find out that it was a gay strip club.

Don't worry though, there's a replacement skill being introduced once coc gets nerfed: BEWB.

Looooooooool.

but on a serious note, this is like the most gay friendly arpg ever.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Its going to get nerfed into oblivion just like every other build poor people get jealous of. Its so stupid but the best build always gets targeted. Dual Spork totems, LL spectral throw, CoC wander, poison builds, etc.

Hell ill make it simple for you folks. Next go ahead and target every single bow build and also any Flaskfinder infinite vinktar/rumi flask build. There you go whiners now we can all suck equally and play boring ass builds together!

Hi there! Are you the person whining about the game beeing too easy?

Yeah..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info