So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

"
yungwhiz wrote:
But if you arent nerfing CoC or whatever meta skill takes its place after it gets gutted isnt going to help you.

This is what most players don't understand or they do, but ignore the thought process anyway.

People assume that nerfing coc is by some miracle going to reduce clear speeds for all builds magically because all of the sudden CoC players will have to find something else. Fucking moronic logic if you ask me.

1) Bladefall Miners
2) Pierce Lightning Arrow Frostwall
3) EQ Juggernaut (boss farming)
4) Vaal ANYTHING with 2x Sac Harvest and Chill of Corruption
5) Tornadoshot/poison
6) ED contagion
7) Elementalist - Anything using Ele conflux node.

There are so many builds that can clear faster or as fast as CoC...but those won't become public enemy #1 until this useless nerf brigade has done their job getting COC nerfed.

What's hilarious is that a lot of the "top players" don't even use CoC they use other stuff which equally as powerful. Most players that wanted COC nerfed would hide behind the guise of "better for team performance"...but now that multi-threading is coming out, they have to find some other horseshit reason to berate the skill...so now "Too OP" and "Game Balance MUST BE PRESENT" are the go to answers.

I don't know what it is about this game that drives people insane with having to "control builds". I've seen some of the vaal spark builds of old that could clear dried lakes in 20 seconds...I never cared...but I'm sure a lot of these people were on that same band wagon train.
CoC in PoE is like playing d2 with jamella editor and lvl 100 frost orb.
"

I don't know what it is about this game that drives people insane with having to "control builds". I've seen some of the vaal spark builds of old that could clear dried lakes in 20 seconds...I never cared...but I'm sure a lot of these people were on that same band wagon train.

Of old?

Krame 46 seconds Gorge run a few days ago:

https://youtu.be/ppSvra_5wIs

"redeye tried supporting me and was 2 screens behind after 3 seconds"

Anyway, kinda pointless discussion - GGG already said they're nerfing CoC, I guess I'll have to finally play some of the more broken shit in the game like BV, flickerstrike, vaal something, random ranged attacker, elementalist something or w/e... we'll see.

*shrug*
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 19, 2016, 3:12:34 PM
Nerf CoC to the ground please. It's so broken.

Don't touch my frost wall lightning arrow tho. They are fine. *wink*
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Aug 19, 2016, 3:17:34 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^you're responding to a guy with multiple level 100 characters and you think I have a problem with lengthy carrot chases? I don't think we should get pigeon-holed into a handful of selected builds each season if we want to reach the carrot within our lifetime.

Then instead of asking for nerfs to CoC you should ask for buffs for every other skill. Bringing CoC down will not improve your clearspeed or grind to 100. The only thing it will do is give you the satisfaction of knowing everyone else having to suffer as much as you. Which again, caring how other people play shouldnt matter unless you are a real competitor. Not proud to be top 5000. You say you have multiple 100s you could be one of the top 50 who does have a legit reason to care. Im not going to look. But if you arent nerfing CoC or whatever meta skill takes its place after it gets gutted isnt going to help you.
And then you needlessly contribute to even more unwarranted power creep.

Fact is, Cast on Crit is broken. Its honestly hilarious that people are still trying to argue that it isnt.

The game is being balanced around broken shit, why do you think monster damage and life was brought up multiple patches ago ? Its the reason why melee is suffering because they cant deal with the large amounts of elemental damage present in the game, the damage was only increased because broken as shit builds like Cast on Crit existing, its the entire reason why gimpy one shots exist as well like Volatile Blood.

You cant kill someone playing on demigod mode without cheap tactics that affect regular users in a significantly negative manor.

If they flat out removed CoC. Volatile blood isnt going anywhere. Physical and elemental spikes arent going anywhere. They will still add stuff like traps and bullet hell boss fights. It is the only way to make a game like this seem hard. It sucks. But if it doesnt kill you instantly you can just use pots/ports/leech. Im not saying that CoC isnt broken. Im saying I dont give a shit. If people want to trivialise the game that is their business. Getting it nerfed will only hurt people who enjoy it and do nothing for the people who dont use it.

They can adjust values back properly. Values are too high because of these builds existing. Thats a pretty selfish mindset "I dont give a shit". You should because it affects literally everyone who isnt playing those builds rofl. Youre literally saying fuck you my fun playing a broken as shit build is more important than everyone suffering through game changes trying to accommodate your demi god build.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
mathiasmmh wrote:
yo my man CoC is overpowered as fuck
what other build can have 15k ES and clear a gorge in one minute?
who gives a shit if you have to invest 1k chaos into it, that's like 3-4 days for anyone that's not shit at the game, and then you're basically set for the rest of the league with a build that can literally do anything in the game while watching tv shows

also nice bias, you have a coc character right now, better get rid of it fast :^)

This is BS. 15K ES is NOTHING!!! Its gone in couple hits. I had character with 20K ES with vaal discipline. Still easily killed by end game bosses.
Why you complain about CoC? It has only 70% chance to cast. Many times I was killed because it didn't cast couple times in row. It's unreliable as hell.
Last edited by Kastmar on Aug 19, 2016, 4:09:17 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
They can adjust values back properly. Values are too high because of these builds existing. Thats a pretty selfish mindset "I dont give a shit". You should because it affects literally everyone who isnt playing those builds rofl. Youre literally saying fuck you my fun playing a broken as shit build is more important than everyone suffering through game changes trying to accommodate your demi god build.

I dont have a demigod build. I dont play CoC. I dont want to ruin the fun of people that do. That makes me selfish? They have already said that it will be changed in 2.4. Knowing GGG that means that its going to get gutted. Come back here afterwards and tell me that all of a sudden there are no gimmicky one shots because they are no longer needed without CoC being so powerful.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I dont have a demigod build. I dont play CoC. I dont want to ruin the fun of people that do. That makes me selfish? They have already said that it will be changed in 2.4. Knowing GGG that means that its going to get gutted. Come back here afterwards and tell me that all of a sudden there are no gimmicky one shots because they are no longer needed without CoC being so powerful.
Lmao, THEY CAN FUCKING PULL BACK THE DAMAGE NUMBERS ACCROSS THE BOARD. The reason why they arent right now is because they literally fucking cant kill people without them, is that really that hard to understand ?

They pull back the numbers and damage gets scaled back across the board, stupid shit wont one shot anymore.

I highly doubt you dont have a COC build and it doesnt makes the shit you said any less selfish.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info