Now I am worried

Good, get rid of all the whiners and the community becomes a much better place and the game itself grows rather than stagnant.

I welcome traps, levers, hidden passages in all maps.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Looks like people don't want to lose their "press right click and fly through the map" gameplay.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If there are traps in maps, im out for sure. I try to enjoy the lab, but i allways want to turnoff the computer and do something else when i enter it. I do the lab for the points, then never again. IF they make maps like lab, thats it, im out for good.

-Zims-
"
cyranorick wrote:
OK... I never really complained, just disliked a few things. I really love the game.
But after seeing todays "Reveal" of the vault map, I am really worried. (And I hope that I am wrong")
But sseing that lever / switch .. I am really afraid that traps and puzzles have made it into maps.
If this is the case, even I am considering leaving PoE.
OK... if there are one or two maps which have traps.. OK.. I just play it once, and that´s it.. but if these mechanisms are widespread all over that new content.. I am done.
I did not sign up for a jump and run...

Same here, if the cancer spreads out even more I'm done too.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
innervation wrote:

Backing traps in maps because it slows down fast builds overlooks (or in Boem's case pooh-poohs) the fact that it slows down everyone else by the same flat amount.

Doors opening with a lever =/= a trap

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Doors opening with a lever =/= a trap

Peace,

-Boem-

That's a distinction without a difference when the topic is clear speed.
"
innervation wrote:

That's a distinction without a difference when the topic is clear speed.

Your telling me there is no difference in an obstacle that requires player interaction to instantly remove it and an automated obstacle the player has no direct control of?

. . .

Peace,

-Boem-
The player interacts with both, and either a trap or a switch/lever could be designed to take shorter, longer, or the same amount of time to interact with. In terms of a broad hypothetical about clear speed, which was the focus of the original post in question was, there isn't a meaningful difference, no.
^I just reread your post and i find your premise wrong to begin with from a player point of view.

5 seconds of door opening via levers is equal across the board, but the relative impact it has between players is not.

If somebody clears a map in 5 minutes, that 5 second impact is minuscule.

If somebody clears a map in 50 seconds, that 5 second impact is noticeable.

It doesn't punish players equally, it serves what i assume is the aimed purpose, irrelevant of our personal feelings towards speed meta or not.

Peace,

-Boem-
If you want to talk premises, mine are these:

1) Ideally they would balance the skill gems.
2) That's not achievable (and in some ways not desirable if you strictly define balance).
3) Their dev time should be spent incentivizing slow play, so that those playing the 'Elemental Hits' of Wraeclast can do that without feeling stupid.
4) In addition, they should nerf skills and items that have unforseen interactions or power levels, and result in playstyles that the devs don't see as healthy for their game.

Your offer is that spending dev time integrating slow-down mechanics within maps is justified even though it slows down everyone - because it slows down Vaal Spark by more on a % basis.

It's shooting everyone in the foot and still not solving the 'problem'. Silly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info