Now I am worried

Yea. Don't like traps and puzzles in maps.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Chill out, it's just some levers. They won't be traps outside the labyrinth (but they will probably be backtracking in this specific map).
"
innervation wrote:
If you want to talk premises, mine are these:

1) Ideally they would balance the skill gems.
2) That's not achievable (and in some ways not desirable if you strictly define balance).
3) Their dev time should be spent incentivizing slow play, so that those playing the 'Elemental Hits' of Wraeclast can do that without feeling stupid.
4) In addition, they should nerf skills and items that have unforseen interactions or power levels, and result in playstyles that the devs don't see as healthy for their game.

Your offer is that spending dev time integrating slow-down mechanics within maps is justified even though it slows down everyone - because it slows down Vaal Spark by more on a % basis.

It's shooting everyone in the foot and still not solving the 'problem'. Silly.

I am sure the devs feel the same way of some of those points.

But rarely does reality live up to the expectations.

I was also under the impression this thread was about doors and levers being implemented in maps, no offense but i have participated in 20+ page threads concerning some of the things you mention and never was there a clear-cut solution that wouldn't negatively impact some of the moving parts this game is based on.
(if not game-play wise then funding wise etc)

I dare you to find people who wouldn't appreciate the implementation of your points, however, since it's highly unlikely this will happen i am content with minor stuff like this in some maps.

It will have no impact on the larger scale, but i can appreciate the effort and will probably find enjoyment in this map since i don't care about speed as long as i have fun.

In my opinion you make "solving the problem" sound extremely easy as if the devs are trolling everybody by not actively pursuing solving it just for shits and giggles.

I will go on a limb and say that is most probably not the case.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : small things like this are probably for testing purposes and to see the actual in-game result from a player-base experiencing them. Which happens all the time in this game.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 17, 2016, 8:14:23 PM
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:
OK... I never really complained, just disliked a few things. I really love the game.
But after seeing todays "Reveal" of the vault map, I am really worried. (And I hope that I am wrong")
But sseing that lever / switch .. I am really afraid that traps and puzzles have made it into maps.
If this is the case, even I am considering leaving PoE.
OK... if there are one or two maps which have traps.. OK.. I just play it once, and that´s it.. but if these mechanisms are widespread all over that new content.. I am done.
I did not sign up for a jump and run...
So, what exactly DID you sign up for? with so many people complaining about how the game is too fast, and too safe, and too strong, how does a place or design that requires a slower, more measured response to deal with not address those (until people build a 9k hp/20% regen character to give traps the finger as well, leading to those people complaining about how boring this new direction is all of a sudden)?

barring unfortunate disconnects and poor optimization on GGG's part ('go buy better internet' crowd be quiet, we both know that's not the real source of the issue), introducing mechanics that make the player need to rub more braincells together to handle than "hold rightclick until the offscreen screams stop" seems to be exactly what people wanted.

and without that pesky "you get just one try, better hope the game doesn't crash (and it very well might, even we don't know!)" limitation that the lab has, even.

AFAIK remember, I signed up for an ARPG.
I did never complain about speed, tempo, safety or strength.. actually, I am one of those in FAVOUR of the times, when this game was catered a little more towards non-casuals (Even though I would say I am a casual myself, an ambitious casual XD ). I like the challenges, that this game brings. But it always were genre-related things.
Not some bs non-related to ARPGs ... I just don´t like them. Personal opinion... and I think I am free to express that.

edit: And no, I am NOT a clear-speed player. I am quite slow regarding that. Only killed Atziri solo once, for example)
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Last edited by cyranorick on Aug 18, 2016, 5:04:32 AM
levers != traps

/thread.
IGN TylordRampage
As I allready dislike the labyrinth (more like hate it) I am out of here if they put traps in maps. Not all of us have <80ms ping to have lockstep up to dodge shit.

While we're complaining, anyone else agree that we HAVE to do the lab to get ascendancy points is irritating and stupid?
If you want to "insentivize" slower play, make chests (that you have to click to open... not pots or barrels) have increased currency drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info