Now I am worried

"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
^I am saying none of the above.

Your just imparting what you want to read instead of actually reading what i wrote.

But that's okay, i'm used to that behavior on these forums.

Peace,

-Boem-

ps : wrongfully quoting a person

a) is not allowed on the forums
b) devaluate's your argument, if you had one, so in this case no harm is done

I read what I want to read in your comment because it's original meaning is a bit too much ggg shilling for me. It's bad enough reddit is correcting the record, we don't really need it happening here as well. Either this or you're working for blizzard to actively make this game worse.

But yes, fully agree with your statement before you backtracked, let's keep the speedclear meta and raise experience/drop rates so regular people can start enjoying fast or efficient gameplay too.

And let's let labyrinth die a silent death, taking it away from the game once and for all. We can reuse the assets to make more maps without traps or levers.

People like Perandus, people like clearspeed meta, people liked the chaos conversion builds.
Destroying all of these just drives people away.
So unless you like to play this entire game by yourself, ggg will have to start catering to the average people playing.

Also, you forgot your MAGA, [Removed by Support].

Have nothing decent to say in a debate? Result to insults!

You're acting a lot more like Donald Trump in this than Boem is.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Aug 17, 2016, 3:21:35 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
"
markww wrote:
Every trap I've ever found can be solved with a quicksilver flask and healing flask. No idea why people have an issue with them.

and the rest is solved with return to checkpoint.....ohh right no checkpoints in lab i forgot must be a real drag to have unlimited tries

I said every, meaning there is no rest. Every means all of them. I know it must be hard for you to comprehend but please try a little harder.
"
Hyskoa wrote:

People like Perandus, people like clearspeed meta, people liked the chaos conversion builds.
Destroying all of these just drives people away.

another potentially successful game designer, gratulation ... for inventing a game where everybody is successful, permanently finds endgame items, everybody has the highest clearspeed and everybody is doing the highest damage ... where is it? how does it work?

how do you define "highest", "successful", "fastest" if there are no counter parts? no u tell me whut m8t, tehre need to be counta partz, what if we just shift the meta around damage types and skills? amazing idea, m8, that's what ggg is actually doing!!

---

regarding the traps: i wouldn't get my hopes up ggg that is NOT reusing existing tech in the main game. meta shifts ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I am not worried. I am a pro Mario player. I am worried for people that aren't or don't want to become.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Like people said, might just be a false alarm, since people's BS-o-meters are still pretty sensitive from the colossal failure that was lab.

If traps enter maps, though, I will instantly quit this game and never look back. So incredibly sick of lab that I won't even start on it because I'll rant for days. Luckily I'm not invested enough in this game to care too much, but it would be very disappointing if the lab disease began to metastasize to other parts of the game. That would pretty much be the end for me, and a lot of people.
Oh look, the laby haters are now saying they can't spare 2 seconds to click a lever a few times a map.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Boem wrote:
Bitches please.....

"GGG Wy U no Fix Speed meta?"

Implements levers into straight maps to force interrupt speed builds (while doing absolutely nothing for "norm players")....

"Fook Yu GGG Wy U Do Thes"

This community will cry at the smallest thing that hinders them alone, while disregarding the impact this will have globally.
Stupid.

This is a nice move and a step in the good direction for me personally, since i don't favor the
"speed ubber alles" game-style that's provoked currently and the balance issue's it gives rise to. Anything to combat that is a positive in my book.

And for all the other players who like mind numbing lack of challenge, there's always t13 gorge now, feel free to enjoy.

Peace,

-Boem-

Well said
"
cyranorick wrote:
OK... I never really complained, just disliked a few things. I really love the game.
But after seeing todays "Reveal" of the vault map, I am really worried. (And I hope that I am wrong")
But sseing that lever / switch .. I am really afraid that traps and puzzles have made it into maps.
If this is the case, even I am considering leaving PoE.
OK... if there are one or two maps which have traps.. OK.. I just play it once, and that´s it.. but if these mechanisms are widespread all over that new content.. I am done.
I did not sign up for a jump and run...
So, what exactly DID you sign up for? with so many people complaining about how the game is too fast, and too safe, and too strong, how does a place or design that requires a slower, more measured response to deal with not address those (until people build a 9k hp/20% regen character to give traps the finger as well, leading to those people complaining about how boring this new direction is all of a sudden)?

barring unfortunate disconnects and poor optimization on GGG's part ('go buy better internet' crowd be quiet, we both know that's not the real source of the issue), introducing mechanics that make the player need to rub more braincells together to handle than "hold rightclick until the offscreen screams stop" seems to be exactly what people wanted.

and without that pesky "you get just one try, better hope the game doesn't crash (and it very well might, even we don't know!)" limitation that the lab has, even.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Bitches please.....

"GGG Wy U no Fix Speed meta?"

Implements levers into straight maps to force interrupt speed builds (while doing absolutely nothing for "norm players")....

"Fook Yu GGG Wy U Do Thes"

This community will cry at the smallest thing that hinders them alone, while disregarding the impact this will have globally.
Stupid.

This is a nice move and a step in the good direction for me personally, since i don't favor the
"speed ubber alles" game-style that's provoked currently and the balance issue's it gives rise to. Anything to combat that is a positive in my book.

And for all the other players who like mind numbing lack of challenge, there's always t13 gorge now, feel free to enjoy.

Peace,

-Boem-

Well said

I'm surprised at how many people are agreeing with this. The fastest players go fast, so shoot us all in the foot! That will slow them down! Silly.

They should incentivize slower play - making rares worth 50% more alteration shards would be a good start. Normal players pick up items, hope to find really good rares, sell what they can and vendor the rest. Then you have people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSvra_5wIs&feature=youtu.be

You know who's not stopping to pick up yellows even if you doubled their alteration value? ^ That guy. They should apply some nerfs to out of control skills/builds (although nothing wrong with going fast, similar skills mechanically should be reasonably balanced against each other) and incentivize slower play - in a way that doesn't ALSO incentivize speed play because that has all the advantages already.

Backing traps in maps because it slows down fast builds overlooks (or in Boem's case pooh-poohs) the fact that it slows down everyone else by the same flat amount.

Now, I am interested in the thing you said later, that if you don't flip the switch you go crashing into a room that engulfs you in flame for your carelessness - that's funny - but players would adjust, and I'm sure you were only half serious. The last thing we need is a scavenger hunt for an unmarked-on-the-UI lever before we can progress in our maps.
A roomba here and there will spice up the gameplay, esp. in boss rooms. It will be great. Stop whining all the time.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info