Now I am worried

OK... I never really complained, just disliked a few things. I really love the game.
But after seeing todays "Reveal" of the vault map, I am really worried. (And I hope that I am wrong")
But sseing that lever / switch .. I am really afraid that traps and puzzles have made it into maps.
If this is the case, even I am considering leaving PoE.
OK... if there are one or two maps which have traps.. OK.. I just play it once, and that´s it.. but if these mechanisms are widespread all over that new content.. I am done.
I did not sign up for a jump and run...
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2016, 11:06:52 AM
Why wouldn't you want more frogger content in your ARPG?
I feel the same way, although I'm optimistic that it's a one map thing. Run it once and sell/vendor up the rest.
This is afaik only in specific maps, do them once for the atlas unlock and forget...

... If you are right, I join the "leaving" group.
No Problem,
Exile
You could always trade the map away to the people that like maps with levers and traps.
It looks to me more like those doors in the Perandus Manor.

I wouldn't get too worked up yet.

Besides, if traps do go in maps at least you won't have to fight Izaro three times or have to deal with getting kicked right back to the start if you screw up.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
It's the principle of it.. it means GGG doesn't seem to care that much. It's frustrated to see how they don't understand why the lab doesn't work the way they want it to. Sadly it has potiential that isn't being realized.

I'm okay with the lab just being the lab... I'll run it 3-4 times per character, then be done with it.
But if I start seeing maps with random traps layed out somewhere... that will be my time to call it quits. The game will be beyond repair.

I could trade it... sure. But if I'm playing a game and trying to avoid doing the content in the game because I don't find it fun, then It defeats the purpose of playing the game. If enough people want to avoid that kind of content then, you kind of failed as a developer.

We'll see though. I didn't really think of that when I saw the switchs but this brings up a good point.

Dont take it wrong people but i genuinely want to ask/know. This is for everyone to answer

Are you ok with lab (aka traps aka arcade platformer aka frogger aka different gameplay) gating character progression (aka ascendancy points) meaning you are forced to do them (after all arpgs are all about character progression and loot), but feel that its wrong to put traps in new maps?

I mean, there are currently maps that dont have traps and aint gonna have in the future so you can get experience as usual in them but there is no alternative to getting ascendancy points. Shouldnt you -if you feel adding traps to some maps is a foolish addition - feel at least the same way (if not more pissed) for literally being forced to do content that not only you dont like (thats totally subjective/biased/personal opinion) but its a totally different and alienating experience that the core game? (actual truth)

The one is is forced "optional" must-do content to continue your character progression and complete/make builds with no alternatives (labyrinth gating ascendancy points)

The other is truly optional (new) content that provides experience BUT there are alternatives to them, meaning there are different same tier maps to run if you dislike the traps.

This is for all the people that feel the same as the opening poster, shouldnt you take action on the much more serious problem here that has NO alternatives? Shouldnt you punish GGG for making unthought decisions in the FIRST PLACE? There is still time, either quit or stop running the labyrinth no matter how enticing the ascendancies are, then and ONLY THEN GGG will understand that this experimental playstyle is truly not wanted in PoE and should be made optional (like in those maps to whom there are alternatives)

For those interested, you can join here and vote on the polls or post your opinion on the matter.

Thank you in advance.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Considering what the map entails, what suggests it isn't a unique map?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I guess I should have rephrased my previous statement better. I'm not okay with how the lab is setup, but I rush through it just to get it done. I don't enjoy it on any level.

So yeah if this starts appearing in maps, that would be very frustrating. That being said... maybe this is an over-reaction. It was just some switch opening a door. It is probably nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info