EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

well, you never know, might be like uber lab. Im considering making a melee as my first char next league just because they literally take no damage in the uber lab and you could just sleep through all the traps and boss fights. The thought of the overall clearspeed using a skill like cyclone is telling me not to do it tho, they just nerfed the fuck out of it and now its complete garbage. Im not even a big clearspeed person but cyclone is like pulling teeth when it comes to killing packs of monsters, it always was even when everyone was bitching to get it nerfed like the fucking retards they are, but at least it was fun, had a little aoe and good single target damage.
I feel like going melee this time around . Something Flicker strike ish .

Might be fun and performance imporvments will help that skill .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
What the hell is melee? :D
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Have to admit when I saw the video on the fight with the new essence trapped mobs I was like lulz melee is so done. But that won't stop me from trying neway.

I wouldn't take their promotional videos too seriously.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Pretty doubtful that any mele build except cyclone or eq will be able to clear t15 let alone guardians or shaper (leet 0.1% godly donated gear excluded).
Second-class poe gamer
Didn't you hear. EQ in new release has been nerfed!

Yep, skill will now be called, "GroundFart". When you use it monster's look around and say, "What the heck was that?".
i'd like to play melee , but the last time it was good was in ambush .. ohh my poor old school ci dagger flicker :((((
What are you guys talking about ? Melee is still good . Really good in fact since slot of the best stuff to farm for a fast buck is high HP bosses .

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Personally I'd like to see buffs such as:

1) Add some +strength to melee offence and defense notables;
2) As mentioned before, some reworks of melee skills. Autotarget when clicking on free space and close enough to enemy, better aoe/hit-detect distance. Multistrike already have kinda autotarget for additional attacks, something like that.

A fair amounts of strength stacked from notables would provide hp and damage bonuses and versatility for building. Reworking of targeting system would add melee some utility. Those a little changes without need of total rebalance, but it could give melee some love and make it more comfortable and fun to play.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
"
2) As mentioned before, some reworks of melee skills. Autotarget when clicking on free space and close enough to enemy, better aoe/hit-detect distance. Multistrike already have kinda autotarget for additional attacks, something like that.

I agree with this, definitely. On one hand, manually targeting is clunky as hell and trying to click a Quick + Haste Undying skittering around at mach 6 is the most frustrating thing in the world. On the other hand, Multistrike is like "lolrandom targeting" and will refuse to focus on one target. An ideal system would target whichever enemy is closest to your mouse, unless you are directly clicking on the target.

Hell, it might even make Frost Blades less painful to use. I hate that it doesn't function like a ranged attack and hit the first target in it's path, having to precisely aim what is effectively a ranged melee attack is ridiculously frustrating.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info