EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

"
Lol Melee has been fucking GARBAGE for a long ass time and I highly doubt melee will be fixed in the future or any time soon.

Like it can be 2019 when PoE II comes out and Melee will still be shit.

Dogshit.

Agree

Write suggestion thread about that and many other problem there => https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1711672

I dont believe melee will be even half as good as CoC, Mjolner, Discharge jugg, Bladefall miines, Blade Vortex, etc. Not even half...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Big weapon specific nodes need some inherent stats.

Like a solid +10 flat life/8%life in my opinion.

The inherent leech was a nice move on some of the nodes, but the value's are quite low and they offer nothing when the game is all about getting bursted down in a second.

Ranged should get bursted due to lack of defenses, burst or be bursted.

Melee however, should offer a different strategy or play-style, which it currently does not.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Big weapon specific nodes need some inherent stats.

Like a solid +10 flat life/8%life in my opinion.

The inherent leech was a nice move on some of the nodes, but the value's are quite low and they offer nothing when the game is all about getting bursted down in a second.

Ranged should get bursted due to lack of defenses, burst or be bursted.

Melee however, should offer a different strategy or play-style, which it currently does not.

Peace,

-Boem-

+1

Also needs more good melee support gems, more defense node like armour/life/max resist, higher aoe or pseudo aoe/clear speed.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
They should add a keystone for melee like :

20% more life/energy shield
Can only deal melee damage
"
Boem wrote:

Wore down the keyboard on that one and ultimately gave up, what I had in mind wouldn't really fit the game as it is today so I guess it was a waste of time from the start.

I'd be happy with life on major melee nodes at this point, that would of course mean that ranged skills with melee weapons can never be very good but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
snakesolidx wrote:
They should add a keystone for melee like :

20% more life/energy shield
Can only deal melee damage

spectral throw?

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
yea it need to be attached to weapons if not casters and ranged would take it like they did with fortify sadly.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
I tend to play mostly ranged builds. I am curious about melee because I was considering making one this season. I did notice that there are some new amulet mods that increase the effect of fortify by 15% (in the league at least). <-- That seems like a buff to me. Are they lacking dps or what is the problem? I am seriously asking.

One thing that annoys me personally is the lack of movement speed on the left side of the tree.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Aug 15, 2016, 12:55:58 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Wore down the keyboard on that one and ultimately gave up, what I had in mind wouldn't really fit the game as it is today so I guess it was a waste of time from the start.

I'd be happy with life on major melee nodes at this point, that would of course mean that ranged skills with melee weapons can never be very good but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

There is a much more elegant solution, but it would entail a complete rework of the system in place.

Simply put

-> increase modifiers and stats on the passive tree
-> decrease modifiers and stats on gear

This means gear becomes less impact-full on the characters final power position.(less, it does not erase it)

As a result the overall power-curve between low/mid/high tier players becomes more stable and allows content to be more accurately attuned to those levels of power.(which enables the disabling of burst kills on players)

But your bright enough to realize the full extend of such an endeavor.

As a side effect, levels would also more accurately depict the power level of a character, which currently is not the case since gear fills out so much of the characters power/progression.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I tend to play mostly ranged builds. I am curious about melee because I was considering making one this season. I did notice that there are some new amulet mods that increase the effect of fortify by 15% (in the league at least). <-- That seems like a buff to me. Are they lacking dps or what is the problem? I am seriously asking.

One thing that annoys me personally is the lack of movement speed on the left side of the tree.

1) When people say 'melee suck' they don't mean things like Earthquake, which can used on the ground with no target at melee but effectively hit things much farther away, they mean any skills like Viper Strike, Double Strike, or Wild Strike that demand that you 'name lock' a monster with your cursor, run up to them, and hit them.

2) Why they suck is because running up to a monster means that monster can hit you back (or fire projectiles at you while you run/leap to it)

3) As a melee in this situation, you have no offsetting bonus or reward for taking this extra risk. Melee can deal a lot of damage in PoE, but so can Ranged. For instance (and I'm not saying anyone is asking for this) in Diablo 3, melee classes take a blanket (I think it's) 30% less damage.

So being a melee in this game is taking more risks than a ranged character, with no corresponding reward, whether that be more damage, more survivability, more AoE, better single target, etc. Pretty much anything you can do as a melee you can do as effectively, and more safely from range with a different skill. That's the argument anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info