EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

Nah all melee need is a perm fortifie and 78% black + 50k armour and 2.5 mill dps.

I made a max block build, with a void heart + that blue sword from 2 league ago, 4.7k HP and max block 78% and I still die on t13s lol. " I must be bad at the game lol" or 78% is useless, I don't know lol.

If I ever make had the cash I would make a ring, 50% bleed chance, 40 mame chance and enemy are unlucky vs block 'basicly its a double roll on if you block' roll 2 would be half your block chance thought so you can get hit, maybe make an endure mod, so you can't die to 1 hit kills once per room lol.

Just a few crazy ideas lol.
"
islay wrote:
Nah all melee need is a perm fortifie and 78% black + 50k armour and 2.5 mill dps.

I made a max block build, with a void heart + that blue sword from 2 league ago, 4.7k HP and max block 78% and I still die on t13s lol. " I must be bad at the game lol" or 78% is useless, I don't know lol.

If I ever make had the cash I would make a ring, 50% bleed chance, 40 mame chance and enemy are unlucky vs block 'basicly its a double roll on if you block' roll 2 would be half your block chance thought so you can get hit, maybe make an endure mod, so you can't die to 1 hit kills once per room lol.

Just a few crazy ideas lol.

Infernal Blow Shield of my dreams :)

1% Attack damage life leech
add 10-20 physical damage
+80 life
Endure while at full health
Your skills on kill effects have a 10% chance to apply on hit
Cannot crit or apply status effects
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Going to sleep,since i failed to see any buffs for melee in the patch notes,i hope someone will correct me,since all i saw is nerfs to pretty much everything that benefited melee 10 times more than range....did i mention mob health buff?

Saw few damage buffs on skills which are sad,EQ got nerfed,poison/bleed kind of nerfed,jugg/slayer nerfed,curses nerfed on bosses.

Please note,im talking from melee perspective.

Feel free to bash me if im missing something.

And remember,GGG stated there will be buffs. But all i see is even more disadvantages compared to range.
night.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 30, 2016, 9:14:22 PM
Yep, no melee buffs. Nothing but superficial damage increases, the single target ones arent even very high.

In fact they nerfed melee Ascendancies and even went as far to nerf Earthquake (its damage not its AOE). Based off what i saw Ice Crash is probably the best melee skill again (multiple reductions to the less damage and even the less attack speed).

At this point, after seeing Fireball buffed yet again, im just tempted to play a spell caster instead.

:l
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Fuck this game!!!

No support from me. Sorry Chris. Nothing to discuss here.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Oh apparently i missed this part of the path notes.

"Monster life has been increased in tier 4-12 maps."

Soo yeah, basically the damage buffs are completely negated by the monster life damage increases.

AKA - "Adjustments to melee" quite literally non-existent.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 30, 2016, 9:37:07 PM
A bit more melee damage was their solution... nothing on damage mitigation, another MEANINGLESS, WORTHLESS attempt at balance.

No change, RANGE or SPELLCASTER >>>>>>>>>> MELEE
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
Glacial Hammer: 6% more damage.

Melee is fixed guys, we did it! /s
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info