☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

For the tornado shot 6link, you've used TS-WED-Phys to lightning-Increased critical strikes-GMP and Pierce.

Is pierce the best choice here over something like Physical projectile attack damage or slower projectiles? Don't they give higher more dmg % ?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
For the tornado shot 6link, you've used TS-WED-Phys to lightning-Increased critical strikes-GMP and Pierce.

Is pierce the best choice here over something like Physical projectile attack damage or slower projectiles? Don't they give higher more dmg % ?

Tooltip? Yes. Clearspeed? No. The point of pierce is to have some actual AoE damage. Without pierce or chain your clearspeed is lacking quite a bit.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Tooltip? Yes. Clearspeed? No. The point of pierce is to have some actual AoE damage. Without pierce or chain your clearspeed is lacking quite a bit.

Thanks for the response. Also, what about for single target? Will it be better to swap in a different gem for end game boss fights?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
@Pietoner

Your gear certainly looks decent. Obviously there is nearly always room for improvement but it seems fine.

Looking at your tree there is some stuff you could move around to get some extra jewel sockets. Jewels can be incredibly powerful. If you have a fair few regrets you could try:-

Removing the 20% bow crit strike chance node nest to lethality. Removing the 6 nodes that give you nullification, fangs of the viper & will of the blades plus the couple of phys damage nodes. Route through the 2 dex points at the bottom to get you to co-ordination that way. That should have freed up 5 nodes. Grab the 2 point jewels next to fervour & golems blood plus the one point jewel next to profane chemistry.

Rare jewels can easily give you 7% life & 2 or 3 damage stats. Or possibly even 5- 7% life and 50+ resists. Whatever you really need. Chances are you can improve on the points you have un-allocated with some really good 3 or 4 stat jewels.

Are you using Path of Building? That really helps when it comes to simulating gear upgrades and changing around skill gems, seeing how close you are to the crit chance cap...etc. Especially as you can, in the example above, simulate the jewels you would buy before you regret out of those points and see if it improves your life / damage.

Wise oak is awesome if you can balance your resists properly. At least you would need to have your lightning and fire resistances the same and higher than cold to get the penetration part working. Plus you would then need to use the Dying Sun & Vinktar's together with the wise oak. I would play about with removing the onslaught or Atziri flasks or both if you do go wise oak & vinktar's. If you are close enough to your crit cap you could even drop the diamond flask and run the onslaught with bleed removal instead.

Other than that just try and roll your maps safely. Don't try to run maps with -max resistances & extra damage rolls or crit mods. Maybe don't run breach and beyond together if you find that combination rippy. Running linear maps like Strands or possibly shores tend to be best for XP farming.

If you find bosses an issue then maybe look at a vaal lightning trap. It more or less perma shocks most bosses meaning they take 50% extra damage decreasing the fight time by quite a lot....unless you are already absolutely destroying them anyway. Maybe run a vaal grace as added defence when in breaches or other dodgy situations.

TBH your character looks pretty decent. Death's door looks like it would fit really nicely into your setup but they are very expensive. OTOH you don't appear to be lacking in ccy!

Hope some of what I have mentioned helps. But just experiment and try out a few things. See what works best for you and your playstlye. Looks as though Frankenberry has also "joined" this thread so maybe he will give you some advice - I expect his will be much better than mine!!!

"
pietoner wrote:
my problem is I die to often; get to 12% exp than die and start over again.

Looks like nobody mentioned your lack of curses yet. On the defensive end, Enfeeble (less enemy damage) or Temporal Chains (less enemy speed) can have a serious impact. You can link either to your Cast When Damage Taken item.

That doesn't save you from one-shots though, but given that you run Kaom's I suppose they shouldn't happen too often if at all. Biggest risk imo are chaos damage bosses (the Beyond guy or Rogue Exile), the obvious fix to that would be chaos resistance.

For your bleeding problem I can imagine that the flask is usually down for you use it offensively and not as an "oh-shit"-button. Though as a Pathfinder, do you even have flask downtime? (I'm only a Raider) As long as all flasks are up, you're bleed immune.

Curses #2, offense: You might incorporate a Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark into your equipment, that grants you free power charges. Plus cold damage can freeze enemies at a certain threshold, slowing them. Can't say if you already deal enough cold damage from Hatred alone.

edit: I doubt your elemental resists are capped? Try to fix that ;)
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 23, 2017, 8:16:32 AM
Hi,

been playing your build for awhile now.
could you link your level 100 skill tree please?
i would like to see where you put your last nodes.

kind regards
Is herald of ice better than herald of ash?
Do you think that I would be able to run the non-budget version of the build if the only thing I cannot afford are the atziri gloves for the instant leech? Would there be enough leech still to do fine with the rest of the build in general?
Loved the guide!

Just got back from a multi year break, It would seem the gear I worked hard on is useless now..

Not sure what I can do if anything with this gear these days any suggestions?
"
ChestyPuller wrote:
Loved the guide!

Just got back from a multi year break, It would seem the gear I worked hard on is useless now..

Not sure what I can do if anything with this gear these days any suggestions?

Life is getting some slight buffs. Maybe run this as life based. It's a fun strong build.
Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info