☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
hekkktorr wrote:
Hi _Saranghaeyo_,

thank you for your build =)

i just switched from frostblades to the raider version of your build until i can afford the flasks for the pathfinder version.

i have a few questions:
- is LG the BiS Bow ?
- is lioneyes fall jewel only mandatory when using LG ?
- when should i transition to point blank ? does clearspeed suffer a lot ?
- can you give me some advices where to head next with my gear / tree ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQW1CC4IiQ2ND6sRLxa_FyYZjh9BIXYi6iPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4KwowfDH6MgE2PTfUOdQ-z0HQQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6Whpbr11oXfJh4mKsZU1sjHBSdO11y3b3ePl6hH11ft1_K4bOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo25jb-QCpUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-n1LIZu-O9Nr3mvqfBM8MzwzrEosqpzZjPetCt037UI9ZY2sHnVOjW6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX9bv66_sj_3g==?accountName=hekkktorr&characterName=knochenfurz

You should use weapon elemental damage in your 5 link over faster attacks.
I'm thinking of dropping Elemental Focus in my 6L Barrage in favor or Damage on Full Life. For general mapping purposes, once I finally make the switch to Vaal Pact and pick up some better damage gear/Vinktars, I should have a much better time versus regular map bosses because I should be able to shock.
Sarang, is there any change from your initial 3.0 post about the skilltree and the gems ?
seems like he is busy with work, so further testing gonna wait a while.
can someone take a look at my profile char name robbin_hoodz and let me know what i can work on?

im using barrage on switch for single targets,thanks guys! 5.5k life at 88,does that seem right?
"
seems like he is busy with work, so further testing gonna wait a while.

Recently elevated to a Senior level position at my company. Traveling more, working more.

I'm really sorry guys, I've logged like maybe 8-10 hours on POE since the patch came out and there is so much I want to do, but just don't have time to.

As always keep an eye out for any updates by Dzz1rt. Arly already has his LA Raider updated and that is also a great resource. I'm also feeling Doomfletch is great right now, my boy Ahfack has you covered.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Where can i put in my Lioneye's Fall jew @_@??
"
yom042049 wrote:
Where can i put in my Lioneye's Fall jew @_@??

Right side of tree, jool node above acro. What you are aiming for is the sexy claw nodes above, you can see in the picture the radius doesn't pick up the first claw node but thats OK.

Soul Raker is what you are aiming for - huge boost to your leech and grants both in 1 node.
"
i have a few questions:
- is LG the BiS Bow ?
- is lioneyes fall jewel only mandatory when using LG ?
- when should i transition to point blank ? does clearspeed suffer a lot ?
- can you give me some advices where to head next with my gear / tree ?

Lioneye Glare is not the best bow - it has freshly gotten a buff (still in beta I believe) giving it "Far Shot" mod - 30% more dmg the further the mob is away. I believe it stacks with Deadeye's Far Something for 60% more dmg at range (hopefully this helps revive Deadeye a bit - but flasks so strong) That being said, at range i believe I calculated the dps to be about 450+.

The main perk of LG has always been "Hits can't be evaded". This is a 2 edged sword - as it is helpful for not needing to invest into any accuracy, dex, etc - it also opens you up to not being able to reflect your own damage. Yes you can dodge and block still but you WILL eventually reflect kill yourself once you put enough damage on and get unlucky on dodge/block roll. With newer nodes on the tree like 10% reduced ele dmg taken and new essence rings as well as pantheon this has never been easier to mitigate, thus making it a solid pick 3.0. In my next post I did some checking on PoB, LG does not fall far behind a legacy RotC at all! (for me 2.3mil dps vs 2.9mil on PoB ~ >1c for Lioneye vs ~30-50ex - so much more logical pick/not even a question in league)

Edit: After playing around in PoB and testing Lioneye is really solid. Far shot (idk if its hidden & out or still only in beta) can change how you play bows. Can drop PB and opt for Deadeye perhaps, or just enjoy pathfinder PB + Far shot to only do 50% less + 30% more for only 20% less dmg out of PB range... The "Hits can't be Evaded" is stronger then I realized (as well as the insane IAS). You can ignore everything else, Lioneye glare can work fine as end game bow, so long as you can deal with reflect mobs ie. potentially hitting off screen ones/ones in breeches that haven't even spawned on screen yet, etc

Now other uniques bows to put it short would be: Probably best unique bow you can get, next best thing is a mirror worthy bow and for the cost/only avail on standard can over look this bow if you are league player.

Chin Sol is highly underrated tho being rangers not entirely needed/worthy. Saves you from picking up PB and having to travel to that part of the tree. With the new PB gem you can stack 150% MORE dmg close range. For ST skills like Barrage this quickly becomes BIS but very very situational. Used more with mines in the current meta but with the 50% PB gem out I wouldn't be surprised if you can hit some insane numbers with this bow/gem combo(doesn't stack with PB passive node, just saves you from having to travel to it)

Sarangs bow of choice, and for a reason. RotC is now crap and this is a free 7link bow with decent dmg rolls & 2 free arrows! Can use LMP over GMP to avoid further dmg nerf.

RotC, 2nd version, still only avail on Standard but much cheaper. Why did I link twice? Simply because 4 arrows is still OP af. FREE GMP, no damage penalty.... Tshot 1>5 shots, Barrage 4>8 in 1 item

Doomfletch's Prism is also really good, 110% of phys dmg as each element... But I haven't played around with one yet so youll have to get someone else's opinion (or look on forum, currently a pathfinder build w/ doomfletch)

Edit: Check post after this one, after crunching numbers on PoB the bows really fall close together after you're buffed/flasked/charges up... Really comes down to picking the mod you want - LG for hits cant be evaded, Opus for 7link crit multi, RotC (Std) - free gmp, Doomfletch prism for phys to ele, etc etc. Hopefully this doesn't make it more confusing.

When should i transition to point blank?
When you feel ready. It's a 2 point investment, and is a bit of a 2edged sword again. You will now do up to 50% less damage after arrows are out of the PB range (). If you are at the point you feel you are safely wiping mobs on the map with ease then probably time to consider PB. Since most bosses and mobs in this game face rush you, and this build has eva + arrow dodging - ranged things (aside from spells) aren't the issue. PB will basically allow you now to do 50% more dmg to bosses when they sit on you - helping you drop it that much faster. Some people choose to ignore PB entirely - its not the be all end all, as some can't get over doing less damage at further ranges. If clear speed is slowed caz of PB then you prob are lacking dps to make it unnoticeable (and noticeable on bosses potentially).

One other thing i like about PB is that with bows, you kill a lot of stuff offscreen. At a range, you don't get the xp and if you are in a group items dropped off screen drop for the whole group. What I personally like is that it nerfs you, to prevent those off screen kills avoiding that mess.

As this also semi-changes the play still from bow char to face-tanking with a bow - make sure you dodge/eva/hp is in check as this style rewards meele range play - not range(r) / kiting play.

can you give me some advices where to head next with my gear / tree ?

Follow sarangs build from Path of building code, its slighty different then posted build and i think he may of respecced a bit. From what i saw with your tree you have pathed semi wrong and wasted a few points here or there. Hit me up in game if you need a hand.
Last edited by kantermoose on Aug 27, 2017, 11:03:13 PM
Also like to add

works amazingly well. I was able to try out 6L of the snake version - since its chaos it was pretty bad to dps boost and not sure why snake gets no aura but rhoa does! Here it is:

300-400 acc
90-100 hp
40-60% proj crit chance
20% chance to maim
10-15% IAS and move speed with rhoa out

Rhoa is free granted minion skill, 17.8k hp, 1-400 dps + cant evade his hits, comes with a rhoa charge and grants Intimidate aura!

Ursa is semi neat, havent had a chance to play with it yet but:
Adds (11-16)-(21-25) Physical Damage to Attacks while you have a Beastial Minion
take off 10-15% IAS with rhoa mod

Ursa has Ursa uses Ground Slam and Rallying Cry.
Theoretically, 18k hp minion that gives u rallying cry + tanks for you.

In terms of HP loss, currently at 5.5K with belly down to 5K with yriels. Would be at 6k with a 500 Kaoms heart.

belly - no buff no golem:
barrage> 37K
tshot>52k

yriel - no buff no golem no rhoa:
barrage> 40.6k
tshot> 57.8k

yriel - no buff no golem | rhoa on:
barrage> 44.1k
tshot> 62.7k

So with yriels on , pet out barrge gets 7.1k dps / tshot 10.7k ~ adds 10% dps boots on top of dps. For me this is like taking 10% of my base damage and adding it on top of my dps. Is it worth it over the 500-1000 hp loss? That's for you to decide, depending on what you are running.
~ This is tool tip dps so take with grain of salt.
PoB min/maxed would be:

****please note legacy ToH so the numbers are inflated a bit more then what average person/league player would expect, and I would typically have crit flask over atziri****

Edit: Forgot to add Lioneye glare, fall in @ 2.312 mil dps with yriels on, pet out
& Death's Opus actually bottoms for me @ 2.218 mil dps with yriels on , pet out - but could be due to my items & how they play out to crit/multi

As stated in my other post, Chin Sol on paper is the best unique bow IF they are in PB range (forget to paint on that it is with PB on)

My build w/ RotC:
+600k dps gain with yriels , pet on vs belly
- 500 hp

Lol @ 2.3mil RotC belly dps vs 3.2mil PB chin sol yriel dps

My account is open so you can check my gear / load me in Path of Building to see how i got these numbers.

Anyone got any questions feel free to hit me up in game while Sarang is working, hope the info is helpful.
Last edited by kantermoose on Aug 27, 2017, 10:38:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info