☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
For Power Charge generation. This allows you to drop Herald of Ice and Curse on Hit/Assassin's Mark for something else like Herald of Ash.

How best to do it?
Herald of Ash + CwDT + Warlord's mark/Elemental Weakness?
Can I use The Retch for this build ?
I'm having one and it seems to be very viable for recharging Vinktar.
@Emkyu

It looks as though you already have a Kaom's so I am not too sure that you need to be considering a Belly of the Beast. The Kaom's will give more life. The belly slightly less but with the flexibility of being able to use 2 skill gem setups, ie: Barrage for single target and another for killing mobs.

Belly is a recommended chest for the 30% to 40% increased maximum life roll. This does require you to try and get good flat life rolls wherever possible. The flask life recovery rate is not useful for us as you suggest.

I would probably consider trying to get a 6-link Death's Opus to boost your damage. That will help with survivability as a dead mob deals no damage ;)

@Salandrea

It looks as though your profile is set to private so I can't see your character tree or gear. If you can amend your profile so that we can see your gear I am sure somebody on here will give you some tips.

However, normally try to get your skill gems to level 20. Get 20% quality on your gems as most of them will increase damage in some way, the lightning arrow skill gem however being the exception.

Look for flat physical rolls (ie: adds # to # physical damage to attacks) on your rings / amulet. That gets scaled and multiplied a lot if you are following the skilltree and is a large damage boost.

Get good flasks, ie: Atziri's, a diamond flask and Vesssel of Vinktars.

@hoangtuan957

Yes, you can use a Retch if you want to. It will actually decrease the recharges gained for your flasks but increase their duration so that you may achieve better uptime of them if you are clearing fast. Not too sure how often you will be able to use the added leech damage since it is likely that you will mostly be on full life.

The retch doesn't have great resistances in a slot that is primarily reserved for getting a lot of resistances and also increased flask charges gained / flask duration. My feeling is that a good rare rustic sash with triple 40% resistances, decent life roll & then ideally some sort of flask effectiveness bonus(es) will be better. If for no other reason than it makes it easier to go full DPS on your rings / amulet with only needing to get life and DPS stats rather than trying to get resists on them too.

But give it a go and let us know what you think :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on May 10, 2017, 3:30:15 AM
Hey, I have some optimization questions. My position:

- Raider
- lvl 92 (probably won't change)
- doing t11 to t15 shaped maps
- no purchases beyond 50 chaos so far

My questions:

1) How would a lvl90 version of your budget Raider passive tree look like? I'm closest to the Vaal Pact tree (given no Atziri Gloves), but I wonder if I've left out the right passives. I have the two Frenzy charges instead of two jewel sockets and neither Point Blank nor Aspect of the Lynx.

2) What about the Claw Cluster with Lioneye's Fall? It's not in the VP tree, intentional? Buying the jewel would be a tiny expense in comparison.

3) When (if at all) should I transition into PF? I'm thinking not before I can afford a Dying Sun.

4) Item-wise, what would be the next step? 6L Opus or Dying Sun? Anything lower budget that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the guide.

Will this damage conversion type of crit bow build remain viable in 3.0?

Thanks
"
shaokim wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

Will this damage conversion type of crit bow build remain viable in 3.0?

Thanks

I mean most likely, although my guess is that something will happen to Vinktar

Just FYI guys I'm waiting for the Beta, so my apologies, especially to those who have PM'ed me... will be around but very sparingly
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Loving this build atm after going for a complete fresh start on SSF (due to continually making new builds once i had reached lvl 90). I wanted to continue playing the game untill the league finished and what better way than to restart on SSF.

Obviously i dont have all the items, currently having to use a chin sol (on a 4 link) and barrage on a 5l, i'm up to t5 maps with ease (merc lab completed).

If anyone is struggling with keeping the game fresh, make a fresh start on SSF and have a blast.
Thx for the guide I really love the build. I am a very inexperienced poe player and was stuck with some physical build with life potions going nowhere:). I am at level 93 now but I am having problem leveling up and would appreciate some advices. I use the build with Atziri's gloves and the flask I use are quicksilver, diamon flask, surgeon silver flask, Atziri's promise and dying sun.

I mostly run tier 14 map, but my problem is I die to often; get to 12% exp than die and start over again. I have a 10% vintkar penetration in my stash, maybe I should switch one my flask but is it dangerous to give up the onslaugh flask that removes curses. Half of the time I die from bleeding, get caugh by surprise and dont react quick enough to hit my potion or its empty. I am unsure what is my option to level further, perhpaps drop down couple of tier and grind mindlessy or maybe switch my flask around.
"
pietoner wrote:
I am at level 93 now but I am having problem leveling up and would appreciate some advices.

Hi Pietoner,

Firstly congrats on getting to 93. For an "inexperienced" player that seems pretty good to me. Sounds like you have most of the good gear though and if you are sustaining t14 maps then you are obviously doing quite a lot right.

Your character profile seems to be set to private atm so we can't see your gear / tree. If you could set it to non-private I sure we could probably give better advice.

That being said if you are dying to bleed a lot then maybe consider running a anti-bleed life flask for a bit. At least you know it will pretty much always be up when needed or maybe see if you can fit in the Death's Door unique boots that make you immune to bleeding. Both obviously have drawbacks and wouldn't be recommended normally but if you find that either works for you whilst leveling and cuts down your deaths a lot then they could be worth trying.

For me my Vinktar's is more or less my "Win" flask. Pretty much immortal whilst it is up except to a literal one-shot. I would definitely try to fit it into your build if you can. As a pathfinder if you have been speccing into flask charges gained on your tree and gear it should be up most of the time.

Maybe try running lower tier maps. I know that most streamers seem to say that shaped strands have one of the highest if not the highest XP/hr rate. Yeah, it is mindless but unless you are running some crazy map mods with breach and beyond it should be fairly difficult to die in it regularly. If you know about shaping your atlas and sextant blocking it should be fairly easy to sustain.

Just a couple of ideas - obviously if we can see your character I am sure you will get better advice. I'm still really new to the game and rangers as well so it's well meaning advice but I will defer to anybody with more experience. Sometimes us newbies can afford to be slightly in-efficient to play the game without dying. We tend to "see" problems a second or two later than somebody with 2 - 3k hours in it and therefore can possibly benefit from a few little in-efficient crutches to help us out for a little while - just till we get better at realising what can or can't kill us!
Thx for the advices, I've set my profile to public; its pretty much a copy of what is suggested by OP. I actually had my Atlas shaped up and tought I would do better exp wise going to higher map but now I realise never dying is not that easy especially like you mentionned I don't have the experience to foresee when there is real danger lurking.

I might invest 3 exalted to reshape my atlas because I cant see how to progress further in tier 14 map. For the flask I am really unsure whats the best set up. Quicksilver for speed seems a must, diamond flask has bleed protection and is the one flask up most of the time; the anti bleed boots seems like an interesting choice since my boots are kind of crappy and mostly act as a strengh bonus for Kaom's Heart. What flask is Vinktar supposed to replace and what about Taste of Hate or Wise Oak are they good in a dedicated exp farming set up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info