☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
Fevnest wrote:
Do you think that I would be able to run the non-budget version of the build if the only thing I cannot afford are the atziri gloves for the instant leech? Would there be enough leech still to do fine with the rest of the build in general?

You can just use his end game tree with vaal pact instead. For some bosses or dealing with reflect having instant leech feels really nice.

Gloves seem to have really gone up in price recently from when I bought mine. I think they are now BiS for any life builds that aren't RT on the left hand of the tree so as not to have to path all the way over to ranger for vaal pact.

Depending on what GGG announce with regards to 3.0 and instant leech in the future the price on these gloves could go way down.

@chesty puller

Your bow is still very nice! With the exception of the aforementioned Atziri's Acuity everything else should be pretty cheap to put together and your gear should definitely be fine for farming. Maybe buy a Kaom's and just run Tornado shot and upgrade any other items as and when.
Any recommendations for valuable upgrades to my gear?
Having trouble with bosses. Thanks in advance.

"
Paepes wrote:
Any recommendations for valuable upgrades to my gear?
Having trouble with bosses. Thanks in advance.

Hi Paepes,

Your characters seem to be set to private on your profile so we can't see your gear or tree. If you can set it to non-private hopefully myself or others will be able to help in some way.
Any chance I could get some advice what I need to change? I get one shot WAY too much for my liking. Also feel like I might be a bit underpowered. Side info, Atziri's doubled in price right when I was getting close to being able to afford them.
Looking for some advice here, I know the wise oak is huge for dps, but to balance every resist is making it tough for me to increase my hp, im at ~4.5k right now, plenty room to up my gear but if im not trying to have F/C/L all equal. If i were to have two of them the same, which would i want to go with? lightning and fire are the highest of my dps. Thanks
@Ggiant85

Yes, you would ideally want to have fire and lightning the for the increased penetration for both fire and lightning which, as you say, is where your damage comes from. Bear in mind though that if you use either taste of hate, vinktar's or Dying sun these will up your resistance of that one element making the Wise Oak only penetrate for that resistance.

@Reddragon

Have you got your build loaded into Path of Building? There are a few things on your tree you could try swapping out of for more life or possibly damage depending on where you are in relation to the crit cap plus other stats.

Possibly you could drop Deadly Draw (5 points), Aspect of the Lynx (4 points) & Cloth & Chain (2 points). Maybe look into extra jewels, life nodes or adding frenzy charges. Especially the frenzy by fervour as it gives you extra evasion per frenzy charge if you route through the outside. Just being able to change this stuff around in Path of Building can let you see what dps increase or extra life you will get. The 2 points at the start of ranger for proj damage tend to be efficient.

Possibly change to a Kaom's (again do this in Path of Building) and just run a TS setup.

If you can change your Vinktar's to one that adds lightning damage to attacks or lightning pen that should up your dps quite a bit as well as giving you a lot of leech. I think the phys one you have won't really add dps.

Given your achievements you obviously know the game fairly well. Better than me for sure. If you are getting one-shot to Guardians that is obviously a different level of issue to getting one-shot in Strand for instance. I wouldn't have thought you would feel too underpowered if you are farming T11's unless you are talking about a lot of Breach, Beyond and heavily sextanted with nasty map mods. I find running -max resistances to be an excellent way to die on my LA raider although I use a LC formy phys mitigation and my tree is specced fairly offensively. I just accept at this point I won't be leveling up too much........although I am currently on a break playing the Witcher 3. Should be back to my raider in a couple of weeks till the end of the season.
Can some1 link end-game full gear? I can't find in guide.

E: Never mind, i found it :P
Last edited by SushiYoda on May 29, 2017, 5:07:22 PM
@DrHarvey12

Thx for the advices, good idea I will check with Path of building if having 3 extra jewels would be better than my current set up.

Do using Dying Sun + Vinktar's instead of Atziri and ouslaugh a DPS upgrade or its more for defensive purpose. I can't tell what 20% penetration for lightning and fire really mean dps wise. How important is remove curse on a flask, are curse really dangerous or just a minor inconvenient.

I think I am pretty far from my crit cap (around 70% if I remember correctly), not sure exactly how people get there, only my amulet is missing increased global crit, so I probably should keep diamond flask instead of onslaugh. In any case everything is dying pretty fast even in t14 map, I usually get kill by some kind of a random boss that appears on the map when fighting one on one. Most don't do any serious damage but once in a while its very dangerous.

Going on a tangent here, but if I try to run Uber lab for enchant, should I use a set up with Baragge to fight Izaro and should I skip the first two fights and try to tank him in the last accounter with Vinktar's. I've beaten him once for my acendency but I was kitting a lot, did'nt take any chance.

@Solmyr77

Thx for your advices.

Dosent look like, but my resist are capped, the blue nightmare jewel really help. I don't use
Assassin' Mark since I went for the alternative route suggested by op of using Herald of Ash in conjunction with nightmare jewel. I've link increased quality to it, I am not sure if other link are possible (elemental prolifiration maybe?) So youre suggesting I could add a defensive link to CWDT, increases duration, I will check that.
Is this an acceptable replacement for Tabula Rasa on the Budget Build? or would sticking to the build be better? THANKS!
"
pietoner wrote:

How important is remove curse on a flask, are curse really dangerous or just a minor inconvenient.

I consider it less important than bleed removal though curses like Temp Chains and Vulnerability are real dangers.

"

I usually get kill by some kind of a random boss that appears on the map when fighting one on one.

That should be a chaos based Beyond demon or Rogue Exile. If you want to level up avoid Beyond and Anarchy stones + be careful with random Rogues..

"
@Solmyr77

Thx for your advices.

Dosent look like, but my resist are capped, the blue nightmare jewel really help. I don't use
Assassin' Mark since I went for the alternative route suggested by op of using Herald of Ash in conjunction with nightmare jewel. I've link increased quality to it, I am not sure if other link are possible (elemental prolifiration maybe?) So youre suggesting I could add a defensive link to CWDT, increases duration, I will check that.

You're welcome.

I suggested to add a curse to your CWDT for an uncursed enemy is like a wasted resource.

Regarding the offensive choice of Heralds, I couldn't find the post you're refering to, the op looks kind of shortened given that I don't see a section about gems and links (anymore?).

My gut says the 3 power charges (= crit chance) resulting from Assasin's Mark should be better than Herald of Ash over Ice, especially given the big crit multiplier from Death's Opus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info