☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

The information about Herald of Ash is in the spoiler section of the default tree. I am also getting my 3 power charge with Herald of Ash because of the blue nightmare jewel, so the only thing I am really missing are the extra curse effects.

So I will add a defensive gem in my CWDT setup. What about Herald of Ash + item rarity link anything useful to add there?
Last edited by pietoner on May 30, 2017, 5:31:47 PM
I'm only getting 5.3k-life with the non acuity route, and I'm not even using rat's nests. What am I doing wrong?
"
Filbro wrote:
I'm only getting 5.3k-life with the non acuity route, and I'm not even using rat's nests. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong really.

The 6k life with Belly as stated in the OP may be for the acuity build that goes into the scion life wheel fairly heavily. I think it is a 99 tree or something as well.

Your jewels don't have life % on them though so you are missing out on an extra 21% life by not having 7% on each jewel.

Have you tried speccing out of a load of damage in Path of Building to go into the Scion Life wheel? See what difference that makes as well as adding jewels with life on them. That might get you closer to 6k. My guess is that it isn't worth losing all that damage for an extra 500 - 600 life but YMMV.
Hi guys. I just switched to this build after having gotten up to 85 using Neversink's slightly outdated Tshot build. As such, I don't quite understand everything I'm doing at the moment.

Would you guys mind taking a glance at my gear and skill tree and see if you see any glaring errors? I'm pretty sure I'm the wrong ascendancy class, but you know, other than that. I'd be very curious to hear input on my gear, especially the gloves and boots. Thanks.
"
eschatoned wrote:
Hi guys. I just switched to this build after having gotten up to 85 using Neversink's slightly outdated Tshot build. As such, I don't quite understand everything I'm doing at the moment.

Would you guys mind taking a glance at my gear and skill tree and see if you see any glaring errors? I'm pretty sure I'm the wrong ascendancy class, but you know, other than that. I'd be very curious to hear input on my gear, especially the gloves and boots. Thanks.

Judging your budget (6L rare armor, no L Death's Opus), I say Raider is the right call, see the budget section of this guide.

Regarding your boots and gloves, they just have an opportunity cost => your rings and amulet need to cover the defensive stats you're lacking on those uniques. I can only assume that offensivly oriented jewelry is worth more than the Maligaro gloves. If you want to know for sure, simulate your char with different gear setups in Path of Building. Feel free to import my gear for comparison (Darlinha is the archer).

You lack an anti-bleed flask. As long as you haven't finished your ascendancy (bad call imo to take Avatar of the Veil last, elemental status immunity would have served you better in the uber lab, which you will hate), I would suggest using two life flasks, one with anti freeze and one with anti bleed. Get rid of the Wise Oak for now.

Your tree, sorry that'd go too far for me now, but I would check for Frenzy charges, Flask efficiency nodes and redundant +10 pathing nodes. Refund nodes that are not in the Vaal Pact tree from the OP. Only get jewel nodes if you can fill them.

Use all those free gem slots.. Also, you want Curse on Hit instead of Inc area of effect in that Assassin's Mark setup ;)
Hi everyone, this is my first character I have made and have followed neversink's guide.. somehow i feel my efficiency slowed down around T10 and was looking around for alternative and found this guide. I understand neversink's guide was somehow older version.

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on my equipment and skills so I could make some adjustments to my character so I can do end game stuff with my first character in POE. I was following very closely to neversink's and felt puncture trap seems a little hard to use (due to extremely small area effect).

I'm wondering if raider ascendancy is still effective for end game for this build? or else i will need to save up to change ascendancy class

thank you :)
Anyone knows how much dps I should look for in a harb before it's better than legacy reach? Looking to upgrade from my opus because i feel like single target dps on bosses is still not high enough.
"
momowings wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on my equipment and skills so I could make some adjustments to my character so I can do end game stuff with my first character in POE. I was following very closely to neversink's and felt puncture trap seems a little hard to use (due to extremely small area effect).

Hi Momowings

Just had a quick look and there are definitely a few things you can try to change. Starting with your passive tree:

It looks as though you have skilled into the claw tree and taken Soulraker but you haven't got the Lioneye's Fall jewel in the jewel socket above Acrobatics. The Lioneye's Fall jewel transfers all those claw nodes into bow nodes so you get all those crit chance and crit multi passives leading up to Soul Raker to effect your bow damage. It is definitely not worth taking Soul Raker if you are not going to use the Lioneye's Fall jewel. They are really not too expensive to buy or else spec out of those nodes altogether and instead pick up the leech nodes near the Duelist start. The 3 points to Vitality void and the one point that gives 0.4% life & 0.4% mana leech should be fine.

The bow nodes for heavy draw aren't usually point efficient. I would spec out of them completely.

A big part of Sarang's build is about converting all your physical damage to elemental damage and then scaling that hard. To do this we normally use a Signal Fire quiver that converts 50% of phys damage to fire. Then a phys to lightning support gem to convert the other half. I would suggest you swap the Drillneck to a Signal Fire.

If you do this then the 4 points you lose from Heavy draw can be used to be put into the Primevil Force cluster.

I would drop puncture trap for Barrage and use a 5 link setup of: Barrage - Phys Proj Att Dmg - Phys to Lightning - Weapon Ele Dmg - Ele Focus Support OR Slower Proj. Barrage requires you to get up close to maximise damage. Check Sarang's gear in the OP for his recommended 6 link setup for Tornado shot. You shouldn't need to use the life leech support.

Ideally see if you can afford a Vessel of Vinktar with added lightning damage to attacks or lightning penetration. This flask will provide a ton of life leech basically making you immortal whilst it's up unless you take a one-shot. Swap out your first life flask for it. Ideally we want to get away from using life flasks completely but a step at a time!

Your jewelry ideally wants to have some flat physical damage rolls on it a bit like your amulet or higher if possible. Alternatives would be added lightning damage, ie: adds # to # lightning damage to attacks.

I've found a raider to be fine for clearing most content up to t15's or so. It is great to be able to sustain frenzy charges without needing blood rage. Once you are using flasks like a Dying Sun, Vinktars & Wise Oak then Pathfinder definitely pulls ahead but ranger remains a viable alternative IMO.

Hope that helps somewhat, feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or post on this thread.

GL in Wraeclast :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jun 1, 2017, 1:17:04 PM
I'm having issues staying alive. I'm going the raider path, but I've splurged a little for some gear. I feel like my leech is good when I'm killing things, but my leech on hit isn't sustaining me in boss fights. T9 map bosses tend to hit me pretty hard. I know part of the issue is I'm coming from a CI BV Assassin that just stands there and takes hits pretty well, therefore I'm not very good at dodging mechanics. I still feel like my build is lacking in defense though. This is only my second character and my first is only lvl 86(ish?), so any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
momowings wrote:

Hi Momowings

Just had a quick look and there are definitely a few things you can try to change. Starting with your passive tree:

It looks as though you have skilled into the claw tree and taken Soulraker but you haven't got the Lioneye's Fall jewel in the jewel socket above Acrobatics. The Lioneye's Fall jewel transfers all those claw nodes into bow nodes so you get all those crit chance and crit multi passives leading up to Soul Raker to effect your bow damage. It is definitely not worth taking Soul Raker if you are not going to use the Lioneye's Fall jewel. They are really not too expensive to buy or else spec out of those nodes altogether and instead pick up the leech nodes near the Duelist start. The 3 points to Vitality void and the one point that gives 0.4% life & 0.4% mana leech should be fine.

The bow nodes for heavy draw aren't usually point efficient. I would spec out of them completely.

A big part of Sarang's build is about converting all your physical damage to elemental damage and then scaling that hard. To do this we normally use a Signal Fire quiver that converts 50% of phys damage to fire. Then a phys to lightning support gem to convert the other half. I would suggest you swap the Drillneck to a Signal Fire.

If you do this then the 4 points you lose from Heavy draw can be used to be put into the Primevil Force cluster.

I would drop puncture trap for Barrage and use a 5 link setup of: Barrage - Phys Proj Att Dmg - Phys to Lightning - Weapon Ele Dmg - Ele Focus Support OR Slower Proj. Barrage requires you to get up close to maximise damage. Check Sarang's gear in the OP for his recommended 6 link setup for Tornado shot. You shouldn't need to use the life leech support.

Ideally see if you can afford a Vessel of Vinktar with added lightning damage to attacks or lightning penetration. This flask will provide a ton of life leech basically making you immortal whilst it's up unless you take a one-shot. Swap out your first life flask for it. Ideally we want to get away from using life flasks completely but a step at a time!

Your jewelry ideally wants to have some flat physical damage rolls on it a bit like your amulet or higher if possible. Alternatives would be added lightning damage, ie: adds # to # lightning damage to attacks.

I've found a raider to be fine for clearing most content up to t15's or so. It is great to be able to sustain frenzy charges without needing blood rage. Once you are using flasks like a Dying Sun, Vinktars & Wise Oak then Pathfinder definitely pulls ahead but ranger remains a viable alternative IMO.

Hope that helps somewhat, feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or post on this thread.

GL in Wraeclast :)

Thank you so much for your kind help! It is very informative. A few things I would need to explain, perhaps you could let me know if my thought process is right.

The reason I use life leech gem in my tornado shot links, is to increase survivability and can tank somewhat up to T10. When I change to WED, I realize my survivability drops somehow. Can I say that, if my damage scales up a lot more higher (without flasks), I would be increasing my survivability as well? Since I kill faster and damage higher thus leeching more. My biggest worry so far playing are those unique beyonds bosses or extremely fast rogue exiles where they spam aoe spells everywhere and I couldn't kill them fast. I usually play solo as well.

I would likely go for the soulrake since there's life and mana leech and use lioneye fall. I can afford a vinktar but not atziri's acuity.

I will need to roll my jewelry. Previously I was using jewelry to reach my max resists. So would u suggest I get resists on my boots gloves and belts instead?

I thought of using atziri promise and vinktar. But however as a raider and my passive doesn't seem to make good use of the flasks since they only last for 4 seconds. After the 4 seconds I would become vulnerable again. So I wanted something more stable. What can I do in this case? Life Flasks become helpful for stuff like sudden surprises like the water monster or the tunneling worm.

For barrage, I have tried testing the skill in my hideout. Wouldn't I require a good leech from gem I am to go face to face with bosses?

I will get my signal fire in a while :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info