☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

I also wanna ask if my harbinger is good enough or should I get a death opus as well. I understand death opus adds arrow which is useful for barrages.

Can all bosses be knocked back with barrage criticals?

Should I use point blank as well? Usually currently I would use puncture trap and combine with TS for the knockback bleed effect on bosses. On some cases, the boss gets knocked off pretty far offscreen. Will point blank be counter productive? Unless I can afford to use barrage and face tank.
Hi Momowings

Glad you found it helpful. I see you have got the Signalfire and changed round your passive tree a bit. I hope that helped raise your DPS some?

As far as the Life Leech support gem use you are right in that if you increase your damage you increase your leech. So ideally you would want to run a full damage setup for your TS with the extra damage in turn increasing your leech. Not to the extent of having the life leech support but it should make up for losing it a little. Damage from flasks and the diamond flask should help. If you are critting more then you are doing a lot more damage for each hit and are therefore leeching more. You should be able to pretty much always have your diamond flask up.

Atziri's Acuity has just gone up in price recently due to the 3.0.0 life leech changes. You shouldn't need them but they are a nice-to-have.

I would prioritise getting resists on boots. Some 30% MS with life and 100 ele resists seem fairly cheap. There is a set on POE trade for 2 chaos atm but obviously you can spend more if you want. It may also be worth changing to rare gloves too. If that means you can get your rings / amulet & jewels to be focused on getting DPS stats and life rather than a lot of resists it could work out better.

Raiders should be clearing maps fairly quickly and so you should nearly always have most of your flasks up. Maybe look to spec into Druidic Rite for the increased flask duration and charges gained and make sure you quality up all your expensive flasks. That will extend their duration too. Vinktar's is tricky to keep up if you are not really speeding through maps but even then on beaches and strands I tend to manage to have it up the vast majority of the time. A Pathfinder would have no problems keeping it up permanently in those types of maps I would assume.

In relation to barrage I have never tried using a leech support gem. If I have my vinktar's up most bosses go down in the time it takes for the flask to run out. More of an issue when you start hitting T14+ but then I still lack a load of DPS on my one by just not having quality gems. I will be doing that in the next week or so. I would hope with Vinktars and then Atziri's up you wouldn't need the leech support gem.

I would definitely import your character into Path of Building and then you can test out the DPS from your Harbinger vs a decently rolled Death's Opus. There should be quite a few guides on how to use it. I have found it extremely useful in that way. If you have major issues with using Path of Building I can try to simulate your bow on my character but it would be better if you were to simulate a Death's Opus on yours - just so you get to see how Path of Building works.

I don't know about all bosses but certainly the vast majority I have encountered got knocked back. Not tried guardians on this character and the t15 quay boss is still problematic for me - mostly due to Vinktar's running out. I mostly do t11's or t13's and those bosses I run do get knocked back.

Point blank can be very good for barrage. Plus it is actually quite effective at mitigating damage from reflect. If you are struggling for damage during map clear then I wouldn't personally run it. Once your damage is enough that you are off-screening everything anyway then it can definitely be worth getting to really kill those bosses within a use of Vinktar's.....

"
jag1917 wrote:
I'm having issues staying alive. I'm going the raider path, but I've splurged a little for some gear. I feel like my leech is good when I'm killing things, but my leech on hit isn't sustaining me in boss fights. T9 map bosses tend to hit me pretty hard. I know part of the issue is I'm coming from a CI BV Assassin that just stands there and takes hits pretty well, therefore I'm not very good at dodging mechanics. I still feel like my build is lacking in defense though. This is only my second character and my first is only lvl 86(ish?), so any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Just to update on my previous post...

I've bought the Vessel of Vinktar and definitely have life sustainability while it's up. My issue is I'm unable to kill Oak in a Shaped Mesa map before the flask runs out. Once it goes down, I get nuked. My tooltip Barrage dmg is 9.3k and TS is up to ~11k. The only thing I'm missing from the guide is a Signal Fire, but I can't imagine that up to 30% base damage added as fire would cut my boss fights in half. Thanks again for all y'alls help in advance.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hi Momowings

Glad you found it helpful.

Thank you DrHarvey for helping. I understand a lot from you.

What I have done for my passive is to take out the 30 Str and 30 INT nodes and put them on a node near the starting point which gives mana, regen, flask and 20 Str, 20 Int. So it is a good tradeoff after seeing what Sarang used and compared to my own. Took out heavy draw into primeval force.

My tooltip dps went from 35k (after all frenzy charges and power charges from assassins mark) to 59k roughly. I kill monsters much easier now. Though I was very used to Faster Attacks support making it smoother and faster. The change from Faster Attacks to Increase Critical Strikes seems clunky but majority of things die in a hit or two.

My crit chance (without flask but with power charge) went from 55% to about 80% due to the lioneye fall jewel. I think with flask it would be in the 90s%.
I realize I still depend on TS on bosses as it seems to deal better damage than my barrage. I fire only 4 arrows from Barrage due to lack of Opus. But because my Attacks are slower, sometimes couldn't knockback in time. I guess I need to practice more on this.

I will get my boots soon. I want to ask is it good to make a crafted gripped gloves? I saw they have a innate projectile damage. Or a Two-toned boots which give resists innate. Maligaros give me quite a fair bit of critical chance. I'm not sure if I should take it out.

Also, haha sorry for so many questions, I see in youtubes, people generally doesn't pick up rares. I would pick them up and ID and sell to vendor for alteration orbs. Or keep them for a set for chaos. Is that efficient? I mean it takes up a little time to be sorting out, ID, sell and go back map. Or do people just pick up currencies and maps and uniques and move on? Generally I do rare maps now. So the alchemy orbs I used, is being sustained by the loots that I vendor for. Alch shards.

Now I'm pretty much stuck at T7-9 without an increased amount of map drops. I think with the new setup I can challenge and practice in T10 or 11. Most stuff die without me using flasks except a few invasion bosses or rogue exiles which forces me to use everything I got. Blink arrow, flasks, kiting, Vaal haste etc.

Last qn for the post, is elemental focus for barrage good for 5L? I understand it does significantly more damage but the reason is I cant inflict chill for uniques can be quite scary haha. Or shock (which vinktar comes in i guess)
Last edited by momowings on Jun 3, 2017, 2:13:47 AM
Hi @Momowings

Glad that you are finding things easier.

With regards to gloves everything in this game has some sort of opportunity cost. Uniques tend to have a "special effect" or in the case of Maligaro's a lot of DPS stats but you lose life and resists. Rare gloves will probably be lower DPS but you (should) gain life, resists and possibly flat phys damage, attack speed, proj damage - depending on what you can craft / afford. The rare gloves with resists on them make you less reliant on needing to get those elsewhere like on your jewelry which can be dedicated to more DPS stats. So although you might lose the stats from the gloves you may get them back on rings / amulet...etc. Hence I would change the boots first and then the gloves if you deemed it still worthwhile.

Chaos recipe seems to be a bit of a prickly topic. Most people seem to think it isn't worth doing unless at league start. Generally you could just run a few more maps in the same time as it takes to organise and vendor over the course of an evening. Others just dump all the rares in to a couple of quad tabs and sort it out in their "downtime". I would suggest giving it a go for a week and then going back to not doing it at all. See if you think one has better returns or is "more fun".

Can't remember if I have mentioned it recently but you can use a Vaal Lightning trap to shock bosses meaning they take an extra 50% damage. That way even if you can't inflict ailments via barrage you still get the shock bonus. Potentially given your TS is on a 6-link you may find killing bosses with TS to be easier. Apparently you aim just behind them to get the max number of projectiles to hit them. Again, try it out - see what you prefer.

@Jag

I think you just need to focus on getting a 6-link up ASAP and then running a 6-link TS build as in Sarang's OP. Try and get quality on your gems where you can.

It looks as though your Death's Opus is fairly low rolled? If you were to 6-link it you may want to put a few divine's into it afterwards. Or just buy a better rolled 6-link version.

On my LA raider swapping between a Black gleam and a Signal Fire means I lose about 5k av dps or 20k total DPS as calculated by Path of Building. So definitely not a "game changing" improvement for you but probably enough to make it worthwhile upgrading when you can.

As I mentioned above you could try running a Vaal Lightning Trap for bosses. That may mean you can burst down the tougher bosses a bit easier once your vinktar's goes down. Probably drop the lightning trap first and then use vinktar's once Oak is already half way down in life to ensure you survive till the end......maybe experiment a little. Possibly even consider running a second vinktar's in place of the jade flask if it is just the boss fights you are having trouble with and that makes it safer.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jun 3, 2017, 3:21:54 AM
Would a double legacy reach perform better than death's Opus?
Should I be using CWDT with immortal call as well? I'm unsure of how it works. Because I do not have endurance charges.
Does it prevent one hit kills? How does it work actually? Simultaneous damage?
"
l3sfin3st wrote:
Would a double legacy reach perform better than death's Opus?

Almost certainly.

How much.....Add one to your character in Path of Building and see :)

"
momowings wrote:
Should I be using CWDT with immortal call as well? I'm unsure of how it works. Because I do not have endurance charges.
Does it prevent one hit kills? How does it work actually? Simultaneous damage?

Sarang uses one in his Atziri's Acuity on the OP so I would say so.

Immortal Call will still proc even if you have no endurance charges. It just won't get any extended duration from consuming endurance charges because......there are no endurance charges to consume! The base duration of 0.4 secs + any increase from a linked increased duration should apply.

You can run enduring cry though to gain endurance charges if you want.

It can help with one-shots or multiple large hits from things like porcupines.

The wiki for it is here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Immortal_Call

Hey guys, for bosses where you cant generate power charges through assassins mark, would it better to swap out increased crit strikes for power charge on crit?
"
Bibibabibu wrote:
Hey guys, for bosses where you cant generate power charges through assassins mark, would it better to swap out increased crit strikes for power charge on crit?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Maybe swap out the curse on hot and assassin's mark for a orb of storms + power charge on crit in it's place.

Maybe even consider a Jaws of agony weapon swap setup with multi trap support as well that you could pop before the fight starts to get you to max power charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info