☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Well, a 6S LC Just droped for me so I can use some feedback, thanks in advance!
Hi Guido

I've just imported your character into path of Building to try and get a picture overall of where you are at.

As you say you have a 50.21% crit chance in h/o although this is only a 43.69% effective crit chance. You run a Herald of Ice + CoH + Ass Mark setup so you should be generating power charges fairly consistently. With 3 power charges and your diamond flask up this raises your effective crit chance to 73.52%. Not too bad but getting it higher would make the build feel better. If you are having major trouble sustaining power charges then the build will "feel" worse!

It looks as though in maps you only have 64% cold resistance? You really want that to hit 75%. Your other resistances are slightly overcapped.

Tree wise there are 2 things I would probably look to change. You have 3 jewel sockets within 2 points of your current routing. Jewels are typically considered the most OP things in the game if you can afford good ones.

I would probably change the routing around thick skin to route through the dex nodes in the middle rather than the outside close to point blank. That way you can pick up one 4% life node & the 10% one. Drop the other two 4% nodes and grab a jewel socket. Then drop the 2 passives to Nullification and grab another jewel socket.

Try to buy jewels with 6% or 7% life and then 2 or 3 damage stats like in the OP's budget jewels examples or possibly even a load of resistances. You can get up to 54% combined resistance jewels and life % fairly cheaply. Adding a damage stat on top tends to be very expensive!

Grab the last 2 point jewel as the next priority.

With regards to chests I would probably stick with the OP's suggestions of a good Belly of the Beast or a Kaom's Heart. Your current Belly with 31% increased life is a fairly low roll. It rolls between 30% and 40% I believe. I wouldn't worry too much about your belly unless you do decide to try and 6-link it. If you do then I would divine it a few times afterwards.

Belly's are % based increased life meaning that they scale off of flat life. If we look at your current gear you have 3 uniques with NO flat life. You have one ring with NO flat life. Your other ring has fairly low flat life. Now you can't really change the Signal Fire and I would probably keep the Rats Nest but you should prioritise getting flat life on your rings, ideally 70+. It may also be worth sacrificing the Maligaro's for some rare gloves with high life roll, some resists and then maybe try to get ones with a high flat accuracy roll (as it doesn't seem like you have a good flat roll yet - say 300+) and then stuff like attack speed, proj damage implicit on gripped gloves or adds # to # phys / lightning damage to attacks.

It looks as though you haven't crafted anything on your amulet or two stone ring. Look to see what options you have for crafting on them.

Lightning Coils (Legacy especially) have pretty decent phys mitigation but don't really do anything for elemental damage. Sarang's build is all about being reasonably tanky to survive a lot of the 1-shots. Ideally you should be aiming for 6k life which me with my build and legacy lightning coil are nowhere close to at 4.5k.

How are you rolling your maps? There are some map modifiers that are basically going to get you killed if you roll them on a fairly high level map. -max resistances being the main one. If you are not one-shotting everything so they don't attack you then -max resistances is a great one of the monsters one or two-shotting you. I wouldn't run a map with -10 or more resistances. Ele Weakness would be a problem if you are not overcapped, in your case if you are under capped on cold for example then getting hit by cold damage on a ele weakness map is NOT going to be good! Maps with monsters that have more crit chance and crit damage means more possible one-shots. Maps with two or more damage mods like extra fire damage and extra lightning damage will hurt! Monsters cause status ailments can also be an issue if you get a nasty bleed on you and don't notice.

Assuming you are alch'ing your t7 maps then it is fairly easy to get a very rippy map with a few of the above mods. You may nearly always end up with one of them but 2 or 3 in one map could be problematic, especially if you are new to the game. Try and pay close attention to what mods you are rolling on the maps and re-roll nasty mod combinations.

With regards to my use of Dark Ray vectors it is a little different for me as a raider as I have inbuilt frenzy generation. With you as a pathfinder having less duration on your frenzy charges is not great. Also if you are going to be using a Belly then having high flat life on boots is definitely preferred. I would probably still take rare boots over the Blood dance ones again for the resists and life.

Just noticed your Vinktar's is a physical conversion version. On Path of Building popping that flask gets you an extra 13.3% average damage. Having a Vinktar's with added lightning to attacks gets you a 34% average DPS increase!!!! I would probably look into trying to swap it for one that adds lightning damage to attacks.

With regards to jewelry then in Sarang's OP he has a budget section with rings and an amulet. Those are good examples of what you want your jewelry to look like. Getting as many resists as possible elsewhere such as gloves, boots and belt allow you to focus on getting lots of DPS stats on your jewelry and jewels.

I accept that that is a fair amount to take in. Hope that some of it is helpful. As always, I recommend you try out all these changes like I have in Path of Buiding prior to implementation on your main character. It really helps you with not buying stuff that turns out to be worse and optimising your skill tree......etc.

Sorry - just thought of another couple of things.

Having a Vaal lightning trap can be really helpful for boss fights or for nasty essence mobs. They pretty much keep them shocked for the duration of the fight quite often. A shocked enemy takes 50% increased damage so those fights tend to be over much quicker - ideally before your Vinktar's runs out.

It might be worth trying to fit one into your helm setup in place of the Increased Duration. Maybe also change the Blind for a Vaal Grace you can pop if things get hairy, especially in breaches as you tend to get permanent uptime of it due to the density.

It may be worth dropping the Onslaught flask for a jade or basalt flask to boost your defenses until you feel it is no longer required.

It may be worth considering dropping cloth and chain for that last jewel socket. Since you are using acrobatics you are not getting the full benefit of the increased armour.

Lastly good luck with linking your 2nd Death's Opus man - hope that RNGesus smiles on you!
rolling maps

If I remember correctly, I didn't alch maps until I was rather comfortable with my funds and equipment. No shame just alt/augmenting yellow (yellow as in tier 6-10) maps for a single pack size roll that is not Temporal Chains.

That and ele reflect should eventually become the short list for using a Chaos Orb to reroll an alch'd map (no packsize at all being #3). As long as so many potential rolls are killing you, I can't see alch'ing being economically responsible.

Another question is, which t7 map(s) are you playing? As an archer I prefer open space, so during my t7 days I mostly played Castle Ruins (Ashen Wood is the same basically and I prefer that now). Indoor maps with many doors to open can always surprise you with something nasty right on top of your feet. And speaking of that: Don't run Mud Geyser. Just don't. Tunneltrap, the boss, is a joke played on us poor, squishy exiles.

Here's a very nice guide with ratings and comments about every single map: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489756

edit: What I've found to be a bigger issue than certain map rolls were league stones: Beyond being the main offender, for Naem (the chaos guy) would one-shot me all the time. Plus at that time I had connectivity issues that made Breaches impossible. They are really dangerous because you have to avoid getting swarmed. Essence can also create super-villains that will kill you at least once. So just roll easy stones like Perandus or Warbands.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jun 11, 2017, 5:46:31 AM
I'm trying the budget version since the old thread (So with raider ascendancy) and I have to say that the budget section of this build is not "updated".
Even capping resistances and having a fairly amount of HP still results me getting randomly one-shotted by stuff.
Since that section said that I should be doing up to t13 maps comfortably I was waiting until I could do T13 maps to change ascendancy, but apparently even T10-T11 maps bring an hard time.
I can kill enemies relatively fast, but sometimes not even the VoV can overcome one-shots, and since raider doesn't have infinite flask charges, arena bosses are quite hard (since you can't have 100% VoV uptime).
All the videos are from 2.5, and equip is from standard league.
I want to reach end-game but first I want to fully explore the budget version.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks alot for the input, Harvey! I have a better belly on stash which Im working towards more links/sockets. I did included Vaal´s Grace on my gems and am now working towards the tips about my tree and trying to get more gems. I know about the cold res, Im working on it, most maps I´ve been running have doable problems, I tend to skip the ones with ele reflect and ele weakness.

My big issue dps wise right now is a better way to get frenzy charges. I miss the old Blood Dance boots but by following your advices, I could get up to t9. Again, thanks alot!
Hi, since Iv found Signal Fire and Death's Opus on SSF, I decided to give this build a try with my Raider. Ran into some issues tho and I hope someone could help me out.

1. Single target
While my AOE clear is pretty good already (with 5l and lvl 18 gems on LA), my single target with barrage is... meh. Im using Barrage + WED + PTL + PPAD + Slower Projectiles.

2. Survivability
Currently sitting on 3,8k life with Starkonja head instead of Rat's Nest for extra life. Still 3 life nodes to take, but even then Ill hit around 4,1k. Got Belly of The Beast (37%), but cant link it yet so Im not using it. But Iv put my character into Path of Building. With Belly and almost perfect life rolls on every piece of my EQ Ill get around 4,8 - 5k life. Thats still a bit low isnt it?

My character SSF_Shadowbolt
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/maciek2g/characters

Currently Im clearing T10-T12 easy, as long as I dont have to fight boss... Then Im dead 50% of the time cus I get 1 shot and my dmg on barrage is too low to take him down fast enough.
Last edited by maciek2g on Jun 12, 2017, 3:55:22 AM
@Iztooi

Your profile is set to private so we can't see your character to advise. Please set it to public.

@Guido

Cool - glad it helped :)

@ Mackiek

I think the 6k life that Sarang mentions is from the tree that goes into the scion life wheel. I guess the default tree with Lioneye's Fall in the OP. Is that what you based your Path of Building tree off?

Considering you are solo self found your gear looks pretty decent.

Have you considered using a vaal lightning trap for the boss? The extra 50% damage might shorten the fight enough for you to last till the end a bit more often.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jun 12, 2017, 5:40:58 AM
Iztooi

How much HP do you have? How much chaos resist? And can you specify who or what is killing you?

Beyond bosses?
Rogue Exiles?
Map bosses?
Bleeding?
other damage over time stuff?

maciek2g

I think comparing the aoe capabilities of LA to the single target capabilities of any bow skill is unfair. Barrage may be the best of the bunch, but it's not on the level of LA aoe (at least before extra projectiles from helm enchant and Dying Sun flask). That being said you might get better Barrage results with the Elemental Focus support gem (you can compare gems in PoB).

About survivability vs bosses: I have to assume you don't try to facetank them? That won't work one a life-based character. Barrage them from a distance, continue as long as you can keep them there via knockback and run away when they get too close.
Which t10-12 maps are you running specifically? Different bosses are day and night difficulty-wise.

Also your flasks are lacking a lot. Sure you probably won't see a Vinktar's or Dying Sun in SSF anytime soon, but you should have at least enough currency to quality (longer duration!) and roll all of them to perfection.
@DrHarvey12
@Solmyr77
Here is tree I used, without Atziri's Acuity and with Vaal Pact
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAMedAF4DHgUtBiMILgiJDY0PqxEvFHUWvzdMGYoZjh9BIXYi6i2DI_YkiySdJP0mlSo4LlMwcTB8MfoyATY9N9Q51DpCF5Y-z-mYQzFEDUd-Sn1LeE2S3Q1RR1O7VUtbr11o8W1h4mJaYqxlTWyMFSBwUnTtdct1_Xb3ePmet3rvexR9dX7dfyv_EIRvhMWGzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_GbSVBZcG9qOa8ZuNm7WdqqCfoaSjiqTCp9SyGbVIt7a74702vea-p7_VwTPDOsSiyPDKqc96f4DTb9N-1CPUQtaK2sHdqOHb51TqYutj7T_tg-4O73rI3P1u_rr-yP_e

Iv just failed 5 uber lab attempts. Izaro last phase is just too hard.
Iv tried few setups - Barrage, which gave worst results TBH. I just dont get how to play with this. Soon whole area was filled with thrash mobs + traps + Izaro himself and I just ran out of flasks. Best result I had while running TS + PTL + WED + PPAD + GMP. I could just place decoy, blink arrow away and shoot almost offscreen damaging Izaro and refiling flasks on thrash. Unfortunatelly, before I could kill him there were too many things to deal with/dodge...

Although, after failing uber lab, I 6linked my Belly of The Beast. Meaning I got 5l Death's opus + 6l Belly. What would be the best setup to create with that? Should I really put Barrage into 6l?
Lately I found TS a lot better than LA. I used it for both AOE and Bosses and it worked well on lower tier(T8, T9) and on 5L. On T10(Mesa), T12(Vault) I used to skip boss tho, fight wasnt worth it, I was dead almost 1/4 fights.

Before next uber lab attempt I want to get lvl 90 (4 more nodes = 2 jewels probably). Currently Im on 4,6k HP with Starkonja and 4,8k HP with Rat's nest. Im farming merc lab a bit too hoping for barrage/TS enchant...

And not sure what else I can do, whats the best setup I can create for effective mapping and for dealing with uber izaro (Id really liked to get Avatar of the Veil). Shouldnt TS be enough to deal with uber Izaro, maybe there is other setup to it?

Also, best DPS results I got while using
TS + WED + PTL + GMP + Pierce + PPAD
why guide suggests to go Inc. crit chance instead of PPAD then?
Last edited by maciek2g on Jun 13, 2017, 9:55:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info